I got a BBPB and found that you can side load apps with DDPB

im currently at OS 2.0.1.358 which is currently the newest

Some sources say you can side load while others dont

Do you have to root to side load or can you just side load them.

Or is this not able to be done anymore with this latest OS

thanks
    05-08-12 09:29 PM
    without root you can side load the apps. Just enter the IP address and password of the playbook in DDPB and install the bar files. Those should be converted from apk to bar.
    05-08-12 09:32 PM
    ya tried to install a google map .bar that was in the bar data base spread sheet. I set my playbook in develop mode and entered my PB ip and password in DDPB with the Playbook connected to my computer via usb and then clicked the check and installed.
    ***BUTfor some reason DDPB says it was installed but when i go to my PB theres nothing there from the install.

Im sort of wondering if there is a problem with my drivers on my computer which could be causing this for the playbook because desktop manager shows that i have a play book but wont let me do anything but device manage pops up with my playbook PIN and says that it has been connected so im kind of confused what is going on and why im not seeing the side loaded apps after install

Any reasons what could be going on
    05-08-12 09:48 PM
    I had this happen before when I was using the network IP and not the dev IP.
    I would check that first. Should be like 169.254.0.1 or something like that.
    05-09-12 07:07 AM
    i made sure it was the developer IP i even tried to use an older version of DDPB which has the scan and connect but when i would scan nothing would happen and when i tried connect it says password and ip were wrong and i know they arent. is there a way to uninstall the Playbooks frivers from the computer so i can reinstall them?
    05-09-12 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD