That is it!

Why there isn't an OFFICIAL TWITTER app for PlayBook???

I have twitter for android sideload and works quite well (altought sometimes android player crashes) and I know there are plenty of non official apps such as the famous Blaq for PlayBook.

But when they bring us the 2.0 OS with accounts one of them was twitter, but it just work to get the inbox messages, so no tweets at all.

I love the official Twitter for Blackberry smartphone and hope someday RIM will do one for the PlayBook.

Anyone got any new of it or knows any information about this thread?

Please RIM, give as an AWESOME TWITTER EXPERIENCE.

Cheers!
    russnash likes this.
    05-08-12 02:59 AM
    Because the browser is awesome...I'd love to see my twitter and Facebook notifications alongside the email ones
    05-08-12 03:03 AM
    Use the twitterwebsite, twitter android version, or my tweetdeck APP ! http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=704883
    05-08-12 04:04 AM
    There is always Blaq. Other than that I don't see anything coming until at least 10 hits.
    05-08-12 04:56 AM
    Try Blackbird, I like it better than the actual Twitter app with better functionality than the mobile apps.

DON’T WAIT FOR A MOBILE WEBSITE TO LOAD, QUICKLY ACCESS THIS COMPLETE TWITTER APP FOR YOUR BLACKBERRY� PLAYBOOK™. CHECK AND WRITE YOUR TWEETS ON THE GO!

FEATURES

Full BlackBerry� PlayBook™ App
    Full supported portrait mode.
    No1 user navigation.
    Quick access
    Easily read your timeline and single tweets
    Multiple account support
    Write and post your tweets and replies
    Retweet and mark as favorite
    View profiles
    Search
    Mentions
    Trends
    Direct Messages
    Design by Austrian multiple award winners
    Picture / Video Upload
    Full user profile view
    Pinless authentication
    Preview of pics
    Add URLs
    Last edited by GregD31; 05-08-12 at 05:23 AM.
    05-08-12 05:15 AM
    I use BLAQ and the site through the browser. Mostly Blaq though its a great app!
    05-08-12 07:01 AM
    I have to say that I agree with the OP's statements about the official RIM twitter app for the smartphones, I've never found a third party app that does it better. I too look forward to an official playbook version of RIM's twitter app.
    05-08-12 07:36 AM
    Recent leaks of concept drawings suggest there will be a native BB10 Twitter app, as I recall... check CB front page for recent posts, or the main PB forum for the thread with the images.
    05-08-12 08:05 AM
    Recent leaks of concept drawings suggest there will be a native BB10 Twitter app, as I recall... check CB front page for recent posts, or the main PB forum for the thread with the images.
    To me, its all starting to make a bit more sense (if i'm seeing it correctly). RIM has been developing Twitter for BB10 using Cascades. At this point, since BB10 is likely about 5-6 months from launching on handhelds and Playbook, why would they have developed a separate Playbook app and then it really just go to the wayside when the cascades version drops in BB10? Yes, I think it personally sucks to keep waiting, but I see the point.

I'm not very upset about this at all because I personally feel Blaq is an AMAZING twitter client. The developers are on top of their game and support is wonderful.

I just hope other apps fall in line with this Twitter logic for BB10. If that's the case, we could be pleasantly surprised. If not, I'm not worried about it. And, of course, I could be very wrong about all of this. Its just speculation. Just download Blaq for $1.99 because its probably given me the most value for my $2 on appworld.
    jcarty likes this.
    05-08-12 09:03 AM
    I use blaq and tweetcaster. But twitter is coming as you may have seen on crackberry yesterday but we will probably have to wait for blackberry10 on the playbook to get it.
    05-08-12 09:11 AM
    I sideloaded the Playbook messages app onto the BB10 Alpha.
    (The messages app us just a UI for the messages framework already contained on the device).
    In BB10, or at least in the Dev Alpha, all of your @mentions show up in your inbox.
    05-08-12 01:01 PM
    Like everyone said, plenty of other alternatives. I really doubt it anyone here would know and if they did they probably signed an NDA

05-08-12 01:07 PM
    i would like the official Blackberry Twitter app on playbook, The playbook should of been released with native social apps from the beginning, its ok all you people saying you can use the browser version but the browser version is rubbish which is why people use apps.

i use Blaq and Tweetcaster (mainly TweetCaster but Blaq for uploading pics and stuff to twitter because Tweetcaster isnt allowed access to the camera etc) but not because its brilliant and flawless, no its because its the only usable native version on the playbook, ive tried them all and believe me the rest are poor.

i loved the way the CEO of RIM went on and on about how social blackberry users are but RIM have so far managed to not release a single social feature on the playbook.

i dont use Facebook but ive heard that is a cut down version, who passes these features ? where is QC ? if i worked at rim and they said here come and look at this Twitter feature we have added id of told them to stop messing about, Heres Twitter playbook users if you only use twitter to send DM's......i mean ffs its the most ridiculous feature ever.

Its so frustrating as well cos i know some Blackberry lifer will come in and defend these features as being great.

RIM need to employ me to ask me what i think because they are useless.
    05-08-12 05:28 PM
    @BackDaws - Obviously the features are not 'great' enough, as most people who want twitter use one of the few apps available on app world, or simply sideload a twitter client from the Android 'verse.

It's actually ok to feel let down if a product or service did not live up to your expectations. I hope things get better for you. You seem to have had a spell of bad luck with the PB.

Perhaps it may be time to look for an alternative tablet?
    05-08-12 06:10 PM
    @BackDaws - Obviously the features are not 'great' enough, as most people who want twitter use one of the few apps available on app world, or simply sideload a twitter client from the Android 'verse.

It's actually ok to feel let down if a product or service did not live up to your expectations. I hope things get better for you. You seem to have had a spell of bad luck with the PB.

Perhaps it may be time to look for an alternative tablet?

i dont think you read my post properly as i did state i use Tweetcaster sideloaded but use Blaq when i want to upload a picture, it seems to me that Blackberry users dont expect much from their software and think its fine to have to go round the houses to do the most tedious tasks.

im sorry i have hurt your feelings it wasnt my intention, i would like a usable tablet and im sick of being told that the features everyone are waiting for are coming.

can i ask what you think of the Universal Inbox ?

EDIT: Hmmmm it seems its not just me thats dismayed with the playbook software http://crackberry.com/here%E2%80%99s...rry-10-succeed
    Last edited by BackDaws; 05-08-12 at 06:34 PM.
    05-08-12 06:17 PM
    We all love Blaq, but nothing like having an official client. I think every platform should have native clients for the most popular social networks preloaded on their devices, as a must, just because we're in 2012 already... But well, guess we'll have to wait until BB10 arrives.
    05-08-12 07:06 PM
    pretty impressed with Blaq's latest version. works really well.
    05-08-12 08:25 PM
    I know I want a twitter app already RIM come on!
    05-08-12 08:29 PM
    Can't open twitter on PB - even after adding my user name and password, my account opens for a milliseconds and then closes down and goes to sign in screen. No such issues with twittering my 9650.
    05-09-12 08:12 AM
    It must be me but a tablet is too big for some apps. Twitter apps shine on phones and make tweeting much easier. Most apps that look good on phones just look clunky on tablets ie the box app, or the yahoo mail app. Even native apps like blaq seem to big for a tablet, the tablet seems more like a laptop and do you buy apps for your laptop that you you use the web for ie.. Twitter or facebook apps. People put way too much stock in apps becuase their tablet browsers cant get the job done.
    05-09-12 09:10 AM
    I'm having problems viewing pictures on the mobile Twitter browser. Any suggestions for being able to see them?
    08-31-12 10:34 AM
    As much as a I like Blaq; I really like the polish and sophistication behind Tweetbot on iOS. I wish Blaq was much more like that app. Maybe when BB10 is released, we will see a much more robust/integrated twitter application - go with the flow!
    08-31-12 11:29 AM
    I assume you haven't seen the leaked BB10 Twitter/Facebook pictures. It looks extraordinary. Patience is key.
    08-31-12 11:47 AM
    Why there isn't an OFFICIAL TWITTER app for PlayBook???
    Because there aren't enough official twits?
    08-31-12 07:07 PM
    Blaq is eh for me. Would be better if developers added a bigger tweet window when we type a tweet out and not SUPER SMALL. I use Lemma mostly to tweet.
    09-01-12 02:14 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD