i recall a while back after i bought my Nokia N9, i said, if Nokia could come up with something half fluid and decent as Nokia N9, it would be an achievement!

and here is BB10 with strong similarities to the Nokia N9.

i love my nokia N9. its the best phone i have ever owned. unfortunately, the north american market were not exposed to it as Nokia CEO sold out to MS and Nokia decided to push WP7 devices and kill the meego which should have not been the case.

so RIM is picking up where Nokia seem to have stalled. the Nokia N9 UI still looks better and more fresh than BB10. i dont mind BB10 to be similar to Nokia N9 as im used to the fantastic fluid use of the N9 UI. if you have the chance to try the Nokia N9, please do and you wont regret it. this article shows some similarities!

RIM internal documents leak - show more of BlackBerry 10's OS - GSMArena Blog

GSMArena: RIM’S BB10 OS screenshots…Nokia N9′s Swipe UI? : My Nokia Blog

well its good that someone is seeing the beauty of the N9 phone (RIM in this case)..but we can expect lots of law suits

maybe nokia should have partnered RIM instead of that useless MS..
    QtHelex likes this.
    05-08-12 02:29 AM
    and its interesting to read comments from nokia enthusiasts about the BB10. they are in favor of it as i believe large number of Nokia symbian/meego followers will jump to BB10 which is a boon for RIM (i waited and didnt go for bold 9900 which im entitled to at work because there are certain limitations) but may go for BB10 once its released through work. so i would have 2 phones similar in nature, the N9 and a BB10 phone.

many nokia followers are sad to see nokia sell out to MS instead of developing its own platform which would have been great (the meego) but its a risk that nokia has taken and we will not know yet whether its the correct risk or not.

so RIM will have its final chance to impress with the BB10 which im all for doing it on their own instead of going 3rd party for the OS.
    05-08-12 02:54 AM
    Interesting. I used Symbian devices prior to using BlackBerry devices. I've never seen a Meego device, though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-08-12 03:04 AM
    LAk,

you Lumia 900 and 800 design before that are based on the Nokia N9 designs.

check those phones on GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

All Nokia phones

check the images for N9, Lumia 800 & 900 in the above link
    05-08-12 03:06 AM
    LAk,

you Lumia 900 and 800 design before that are based on the Nokia N9 designs.

check those phones on GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

All Nokia phones

check the images for N9, Lumia 800 & 900 in the above link
    I've seen online reviews and specs. I've just never had a chance to play with an N9, or any other Meego device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-08-12 03:14 AM
    meego was made once and dumped by Nokia.

i have never seen such a positive unanimous reviews (even from american sites like who were notoriously known to hate nokia products along with BB products ) like i did with the nokia N9. that Elop released one version of it and decided to kill it off for the sake of promoting wp lumias. amazing deecision. its by far better than wp phones as it is open source. limited numbers of apps were made for the N9 but actually very god ones and some developers are still releasing phones for it. the swipe gesture on the N9 is a joy to use. so smooth and the 3 screen idea is fantastic one for the app, one for the open apps while look like tiles and one for your feed screen where you get your news/social network aupdates etc...fantastic and simple to use.

just read the comments on the second link attached from mynokiaworld and you will see how people love their N9. it really s....t on anything is name android and it is better than ios for me due to its open source and multi screen swipe use.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-08-12 03:26 AM
    and here is BB10 with strong similarities to the Nokia N9...

... the Nokia N9 UI still looks better and more fresh than BB10. i dont mind BB10 to be similar to Nokia N9 as im used to the fantastic fluid use of the N9 UI.
    And you can tell all of this from some very preliminary demos and static screenshots? Although it may look similar, there is no telling what the final user experience will be when this is released to the public. You are comparing a product still in late development stages to something already released. Would you agree?
    omniusovermind and sf49ers like this.
    05-08-12 03:33 AM
    And you can tell all of this from some very preliminary demos and static screenshots? Although it may look similar, there is no telling what the final user experience will be when this is released to the public. You are comparing a product still in late development stages to something already released. Would you agree?
    Actually he's comparing a product in late development to a discontinued product. I also think the Symbian people might jump on BB10 since Nokia decided not to make the product they loved anymore.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-08-12 04:06 AM
    yes i do my comment was written in haste.

i saw however a demo of the BB10 on youtube and the feed screen i believe looks better on the N9. this could have been earlier versions to the BB10 so yes.i do agree with you.
    05-08-12 04:19 AM
    a bit of comparison....

A Look at BlackBerry 10

well..the good news for RIM fans is that the BB10 will be able to attract loads of Nokia Symbian/Meego users...and thats not small by any feat..

the issue of main apps like skype will persist with BB10..also, RIM will have to partner 3rd party GPS/map providers..this is where a partnership with nokia would have been great..nokia is powerful in many areas few are which are the GPS/mapping technology and the camera techology...their mapping service competes with google and exceeds in some areas..you need to go nokia city live..nokia transportation to see how advanced they are..also with 3d..some amazing stuff they have..their camera technoloy on mobiles is second to none..N8..and ofcourse their new mind blowing 41 megapixel pureview...(i know its not about the megapixels but it has exceptional sensors etc)..
    05-08-12 05:26 AM
    speaking as a VERY happy Nokia N9 user:

Swipe style interface, uses QT, will be packaged into a high-end handset using a modern multi-core SoC fabbed on a power-sipping 28nm process���.

Why do i need Nokia again?

The one thing I will miss, which is significant, is the free-as-in-freedom app-store that ran in parallalel to the Nokia Store called Apps-For-Meego.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-08-12 05:29 AM
    I'm an N9 user. Anyone who copies it is on the right track, I say.
    05-08-12 05:34 AM
    I'm an N9 user. Anyone who copies it is on the right track, I say.
    Really? I mean seriously. I m very curios.
    I have been an nokia user till date.. From legendry 3310> ngage>e series> lastly n97. They killed themselves with that touchscreen.
    I was dying to get an n9 but pocket wasn't blinging.
    What wasn't in it that made nokia to part it and get with ms?

I ask u because I saw ur signature and I was very much impressed.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 05-08-12 at 05:52 AM.
    05-08-12 05:49 AM
    as best as i can tell it was that Nokia did not believe they could drive development of the shared Meego platform fast enough to compete.

Nokia ended up keeping their own version which released on the N9 as Meego/Harmattan which had features (NFC, etc), that didn't appear in mainstream Meego until six months later.

if you will forgive the link:

Nokia & Microsoft – And what it means for QT and MeeGo. | Jedibeeftrix's Blog
    Meego/Harmattan – A willfully misunderstood platform. | Jedibeeftrix's Blog
    husainpatan likes this.
    05-08-12 05:57 AM
    a great phone indeed..

and if BB10 can be half as good (i said this 4 months ago ) BB10 will have a winner..

and they seem to be on the right path...

nothing beats my feed screen on the N9. i get my news from it and its wonderful.

and it has a one year lead on BB10. it has swype which is a fantastic technology and nokia is very well advanced with offering their devices with localized languages unlike playbook.

i wish nokia partnered RIM instead of MS to compliment their strengths.
    PTZ and itmccb like this.
    05-08-12 08:00 AM
    Agree, some aspects of BB10 seem to be inspired from Meego especially the paradigm for one handed use - side swipe, notifications on the side instead on the top, gesture based. But why BB10 will not only be refined but the best because:

1) Flow and Glance paradigm
    2) Connect, Extend- Connected to RIM's NOC for push services
    3) PIM Apps- Unified Inbox
    4) BBM
    5) Best touch screen keyboard
    6) Connected Apps - this is what RIM does best
    7) BB10 will have the best app ecosystem at launch than any other platform ever had at launch.
    8) Awesome QNX and Tat married to RIM's NOC(Push and Security)

The problem with Meego is that Nokia never tried to make it a success neither they recruited developers nor promoted it and even worse they didn't want to sell it. Nokia’s Marko Ahtisaari, SVP Design and User Experience, was not kidding when he talked about the dominant patterns of interface and user experience design in the smartphone industry.

Live at LeWeb: Marko Ahtisaari – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog
    Last edited by sf49ers; 05-08-12 at 10:39 AM.
    05-08-12 10:34 AM
    Swipe UI resembles BB10 a bit. Thats all.
    05-08-12 10:48 AM
    Swipe UI resembles BB10 a bit. Thats all.
    and QT.
    05-08-12 11:23 AM
    I think people are making to much of the UI copying. WebOS used cards, Nokia used swipe UI, HTC has it's carousel Sense. There are only so many ways to outlay the UI.

Being the newest OS, BBOS 10 should take the best elements of each and produce a best-of-breed UI with BlackBerry strong suit in integrated messaging.

IF BBOS 10 has swipe UI like this video, then I am all for it:

kbz1960 likes this.
    05-12-12 07:13 PM
    Meego looked awesome. I wish I had the chance to try an N9.

Everyone is copying in the mobile game right now. If you do not adapt, you die. Every major mobile OS has something copied from others.
    05-12-12 07:23 PM
    I watched the video. I didn't see anything like the flow concept RIM is using.

To me it looked like the same old way of using apps...fragmented

BB10 has a 'glance' feature. I didn't see that in Meego

Thorsten said something about on BB10 the user will not have to open and close apps all the time...it will be some kind of integrated working process (flow)
    sf49ers likes this.
    05-12-12 07:37 PM
    RIM is copying everyone just like Wal-Mart copied the original super market, or how new car companies have copied the older ones. The point is that a car is always the same, they drive, they ALL drive. They also have similar features but, what is different is what each company has innovated on their own. BB10 is certainly going to have features and designs that are similar because the core of the phone and OS is efficiency. RIM, Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Microsoft etc.. Have all come up with innovations and designs that work best and when a new product is built these designs are used because they are efficient and make sense. RIM's BB10 platform is going to use all the best innovations and add a bunch of their own. Is it copying? Well yes it is but, does that mean they are stealing? Not at all. They simple take something they know is great and useful and make it even better. Stealing a design and building upon someones idea are totally different. BB10 is gonna blow minds and rock peoples worlds and yes it will look like things we have seen but, will that make it any less amazing? NOT A FREAKING CHANCE!!!
    That is all I have to say about that.
    PTZ likes this.
    05-12-12 08:23 PM
    I find BB10 to be a mixed of things and some innovations unique to RIM due to the QNX based architecture. The cascades based UI with the action bar and the right swipe and left swipe menu are different from anything in Meego.

RIM's not even close to putting the final touches to BB10 and we don't even know what the other surprises they have in stock for us.
    05-12-12 11:34 PM
    I had not realized that BB10 was so similar to what Nokia was doing.

It does not bother me. RIM is taking things to a higher level. Where Mego has static cards, BB10 has live apps. RIM has the peeking gestures. Plus, we have not seen everything about BB10's UI.

I didn't realize how cool Mego is. Nokia should not have given up on it.
    05-14-12 07:55 AM
    RIM will have to partner 3rd party GPS/map providers..this is where a partnership with nokia would have been great..nokia is powerful in many areas few are which are the GPS/mapping technology and the camera techology...their mapping service competes with google and exceeds in some areas..you need to go nokia city live..nokia transportation to see how advanced they are
    That one's not an issue. A TomTom partnership has already been announced.
    05-14-12 08:42 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD