Played with settings and didn't find any way to do it.
    05-07-12 08:05 AM
    In the native Messages app, swipe down from the top bezel to bring up the options. Tap on the little cog for "Settings".

Next, tap on "Email Preferences" and select the account you want to put the notice on.

Now just tap "out of office" so it says "On" and type in your message and save.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-07-12 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Fix typo
    05-07-12 08:45 AM
    Doesn't seem as though all types of e-mail accounts have that feature. Both my Hotmail and Gmail accounts don't, but my college one does. The difference being webmail based vs OWA based. So, I wouldn't scratch your head too much if you still don't see the option.
    05-07-12 10:36 AM
    In the native Messages app, swipe down from the top bezel to bring up the options. Tap on the little cog for "Settings".

Next, tap on "Email Preferences" and select the account you want to put the notice on.

Now just tap "out of office" so it says "On" and type in your message and save.
    Hi
    On my PB there is no out of office option under the email preferences. I have the latest version 2.01.358. ?
    05-07-12 11:09 AM
    Brilliant. Followed the instructions precisely and found it. Thank you.
    05-07-12 12:06 PM
    so...

How do you do this (if it's possible) on the Bridge E-Mail? That would make it so much easier.

I don't think it's possible, but figured I would ask.
    05-07-12 12:33 PM
    This may be a daft answer but, isn't your playbook supposed to be with you when you're out of the office? Perhaps a "Sorry, gone for a crap" would be more appropriate.
    Last edited by 1959gazza; 05-07-12 at 04:51 PM.
    05-07-12 04:47 PM
    For bridge messages, I'm pretty sure you would have to go to email setup on the bridged phone.

As others have helpfully posted above, not all email accounts allow you to use an out-of-office message. I've never seen an option for putting an out-of-office notice on my hotmail settings on hotmail.com so I wasn't too surprised to see it wasn't listed as an option under the PlayBook email settings. However, the email from my isp has this option and voil�... they it iyas!!!
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-07-12 at 07:47 PM.
    05-07-12 04:47 PM
    Also using most updated version and no such checkbooks either!!!

??????
    05-07-12 07:23 PM
    Those of you who have this option are you BES or BIS?

I have 3 email account, Gmail, Live and my work which is just a POP3 account and don't have it for any of them.
    05-07-12 07:42 PM
    Also using most updated version and no such checkbooks either!!!

??????
    Hey there JV,

What type of email are you trying to add an out-of-office notice to? Hotmail? Yahoo? Gmail?

Usually if the email program itself (e.g., hotmail.com or Gmail.com) allow an out-of-office notice to be set, that option will show up in the PB email preferences.

I am on BIS. No idea how it works on BES but I presume the BES administrator would determine whether any particular feature is rolled out to their corporate users.
    05-07-12 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD