To often I hear people putting down my favorite tablet and phone. And we as bb lovers do not speak enough about the great things and partners bb has! I love my playbook and my 9930! I stand loud and proud. Also I love to support the great people at kobo!! The app just rules!
    alnamvet68 and Marty_LK like this.
    05-06-12 10:24 PM
    If you feel like the red headed step child of mobile you take this way too seriously. It's a phone. There will be one to replace it tomorrow. And another the day after. 5 years from now rim will have gone the way of palm, apple the way of microsoft, google the way of altavista.

Use whatever works for you. When it doesn't, use something else.
    05-06-12 10:33 PM
    Thanks - nothing like a good laugh before heading to bed.
    05-06-12 10:36 PM
    To often I hear people putting down my favorite tablet and phone. And we as bb lovers do not speak enough about the great things and partners bb has! I love my playbook and my 9930! I stand loud and proud. Also I love to support the great people at kobo!! The app just rules!
    Good post. You aren't alone in your sentiments for the PB. Though I don't use Kobo...not much of a reader.
    lomed7724 likes this.
    05-06-12 10:39 PM
    Amro I wouldn't be so sure of that! Bb10 is coming and the product that has changed my life and helps me run my business is getting better and better every day! Sorry I take the device that runs my business so seriously. Maybe you should try taking something seriously! Bb10 looks great! Long live rim!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-06-12 10:43 PM
    If you feel like the red headed step child of mobile you take this way too seriously. It's a phone. There will be one to replace it tomorrow. And another the day after. 5 years from now rim will have gone the way of palm, apple the way of microsoft, google the way of altavista.

What's wrong with loving a device with great enthusiasm?

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-06-12 11:00 PM
    I take tons seriously. The investment i have in yachting. My job. How drunk i get on weekends after my job while yachting.

I could go back to a feature phone and not skip a beat. In fact, my nokia feature phone has an fm radio and mp3 player in it. The player will strobe lights on the face of the phone in time with the beat. It does email, and some kind of web browsing that is slightly below the bb experience. Way too much for a $50 feature phone.

If it rings, and can hold phone numbers, it is doing its job. An lg does the same job a samsung does the same job a blackberry does the same job an iphone does. When rim doesn't work for me, i'll move on. Bb10 isn't the saviour. I'll look at them of course, but i am also looking at a galaxy note. I am also looking at my nokia feature phone. , i'd use a motorola brick just for kicks.

The only reason i went with blackberry to begin with is lack of security in android and hating every molecule apple has ever produced. The apple faithful would jump off a cliff if the head lemming lead them in that direction. Thank you, no.
    05-06-12 11:00 PM
    Ive almost givin up on BB but i love my Playbook too Much! Just hoping RIM gets the developers they need to boost this tablet in the lead, where it belongs.
    05-07-12 12:42 AM
    I take tons seriously. The investment i have in yachting. My job. How drunk i get on weekends after my job while yachting.

I could go back to a feature phone and not skip a beat. In fact, my nokia feature phone has an fm radio and mp3 player in it. The player will strobe lights on the face of the phone in time with the beat. It does email, and some kind of web browsing that is slightly below the bb experience. Way too much for a $50 feature phone.

If it rings, and can hold phone numbers, it is doing its job. An lg does the same job a samsung does the same job a blackberry does the same job an iphone does. When rim doesn't work for me, i'll move on. Bb10 isn't the saviour. I'll look at them of course, but i am also looking at a galaxy note. I am also looking at my nokia feature phone. , i'd use a motorola brick just for kicks.

The only reason i went with blackberry to begin with is lack of security in android and hating every molecule apple has ever produced. The apple faithful would jump off a cliff if the head lemming lead them in that direction. Thank you, no.
    You seem to have different needs than others. For me, the only device that meets my requirements is BlackBerry with BES. ActiveSync doesn't cut it, so i will advocate for BlackBerry as long as I can.
    JELLOMAN99 likes this.
    05-07-12 02:27 AM

Do you always go around offending people?
    Hope some red head knocks some sense into you.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-07-12 02:33 AM
    Do you always go around offending people?
    Hope some red head knocks some sense into you.

Tim
    what, because i don't want to hold hands, braid your hair and read you poetry? grow a thicker skin. i'm nothing compared to the real world.

bring on carrot top. he's just as wussy.
    05-07-12 03:18 AM
    I'm new to BB devices but i do love my playbook. It changed the way i use computers and made my life a lot easier.
    lomed7724 likes this.
    05-07-12 10:11 AM
    I started reading this forum before I bought my Playbook. All the ardent supporters made me feel like I could not go wrong with buying a Playbook. Once I got it my illusion was burst. It won't cook food like the iphones with their battery problems. Sure some iphones will only cook one meal as it melts down, but that is one more than a Playbook will cook. It doesn't come with different skins like Android either. With Android if you get bored once you figure out your phone you can just buy another Android phone from another vendor and you get to learn it all over again (sense, touchwiz, motoblur)! It isn't anything like Palm either. Even though the Playbook isn't the most popular device, RIM refuses to turn it into an instant collectible by stopping support. All this disappointment! RIM just won't add these "features" of the other vendors. I guess I will just have to trade my Playbook for a Windows tablet. Surely that will solve all these "shortcomings"!
    05-07-12 10:55 AM

A yacht? Meh. I could go with a rubber raft. If it floats and will hold two people and an ice chest, all the rest is overkill...
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-07-12 11:14 AM
    what, because i don't want to hold hands, braid your hair and read you poetry? grow a thicker skin. i'm nothing compared to the real world.

bring on carrot top. he's just as wussy.
    Cant you feel the intelligence of this person?

Oh,,I thought I missed it too.

What are you, 12?

Geesh..

Tim

Last edited by trsbbs; 05-07-12 at 12:36 PM.
    lotramos likes this.
    05-07-12 12:24 PM
    Lomed, something I find is that I hear other people talking about what their phone will do without knowing that a blackberry will do it too. Like, "I can use my iPhone as a wifi hotspot". Hey, so can my 9900. There's endless examples (well lots anyways). I blame RIM's marketing. They would rather show some attractive woman taking about email and not really telling the world what the phone can do. The current marketing leaves the public ignorant of all the good BB can bring.
    lomed7724 likes this.
    05-07-12 12:49 PM
    A yacht? Meh. I could go with a rubber raft. If it floats and will hold two people and an ice chest, all the rest is overkill...
    try crossing an ocean in a rubber raft. will hold two people or an ice chest. not both.
    05-08-12 10:22 PM
    Cant you feel the intelligence of this person?

Oh,,I thought I missed it too.

What are you, 12?

Geesh..

Tim

Click to view quoted image
    pot. kettle. black. dark black. very dark black.

while you tell everyone to keep holding their breath for skype and netflix i'll be off doing real world stuff. try thinking outside the box for a while. i do it all day long.
    05-08-12 10:26 PM
    try crossing an ocean in a rubber raft. will hold two people or an ice chest. not both.
    Just because YOU prefer something more (or less) doesn't mean everyone prefers the same. Belittling the whole discussion because YOU don't need it is a little immature and self-centered.... was just pointing that out.

BTW:

In 1866, three men crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a three tube raft, the first trans-oceanic crossing in inflatable boat history. It proved to many that inflatable boats were sturdy, reliable and worth further development.
    The History of Inflatable Boats - From Inflated Skins to High Performance Inflatables
    05-08-12 10:38 PM
    Just because YOU prefer something more (or less) doesn't mean everyone prefers the same. Belittling the whole discussion because YOU don't need it is a little immature and self-centered.... was just pointing that out.

BTW:

The History of Inflatable Boats - From Inflated Skins to High Performance Inflatables
    you need not explain to me transoceanic crossings. i've done two. people cross in craft smaller than their height for kicks. rowboats, floating pontoon shoes.... some nutcase from new york floated around the atlantic in a dilapidated schooner for 1000 days.

the original poster claims we don't do enough to get the word out about blackberry. why is that even our job? i don't get paid to tell anyone they should use a blackberry. rim has billions to spend on advertising. let them do it. they sure spend a lot of money on appeasing governments in the middle east and asia. maybe one day they'll get marketing for dummies and get it right.
    05-08-12 10:55 PM
    You seem to have different needs than others. For me, the only device that meets my requirements is BlackBerry with BES. ActiveSync doesn't cut it, so i will advocate for BlackBerry as long as I can.
    and yet your playbook uses, wait for it..... activesync.
    05-08-12 10:58 PM
    you need not explain to me transoceanic crossings. i've done two. people cross in craft smaller than their height for kicks. rowboats, floating pontoon shoes.... some nutcase from new york floated around the atlantic in a dilapidated schooner for 1000 days.

the original poster claims we don't do enough to get the word out about blackberry. why is that even our job? i don't get paid to tell anyone they should use a blackberry. rim has billions to spend on advertising. let them do it. they sure spend a lot of money on appeasing governments in the middle east and asia. maybe one day they'll get marketing for dummies and get it right.
    Too late now. The OP said it, you read it, now you're required to participate...
    lomed7724 likes this.
    05-08-12 11:35 PM
    I was just saying that I am happy with my playbook and my phone. Just my opinion and I was hoping to have others discuss what they like about blackberry! Not one person has read my post and told me what they really love about there blackberry. I love my playbook for kobo so I can instantly read books. I love my playbook for pressreader every morning I have my newspapers to read. I love my playbook for zino. All of my magazine subscriptions can be read any time of the day! I could care less about iphones and pads and androids. I want to know! What do you have on your playbook that you love?
    05-09-12 12:05 AM
    and yet your playbook uses, wait for it..... activesync.
    That's what's so great about Bridge!
    05-09-12 12:27 AM
    Amro can you please shut up? Their marketing is taking a beating because people like you cannot spread the word because you're not paid for it.. Did you just say that in excitement?
    05-09-12 12:43 AM
37 12