hello blackberry fans and helpers,

ok let me explain, i have a 9900 and my gmail is synced with it (calendar, contacts, deleted items). all my contacts do sync properly from gmail and to gmail when i create them on my bb. however the contact list, the complete list replicates so i have two of each contact, if i go into options i see two contact lists now
    1.gmail
    2.default

i type RSET and delete the default list and i am back to one contact without any replications. however after sometime, the default list creates back again! and this is happening all the time. i just wanna keep gmail not default.

PS: i have read this happens when bb tries to sync. i dont sync anything with desktop. I have a BIS activated so it has nothing to do with enterprise servers.

please help this is annoying having to do a RSET everytime. and also what is deleted items?

thank you so much for help in advance
    05-06-12 01:16 AM
    Have you tried opening Contacts, press Menu/Options/Contact Display and Actions. Under Actions make sure that "Allow Duplicate Names" is not checked.
    05-06-12 01:30 AM
    Yes I did
    05-06-12 01:32 AM
    hello blackberry fans and helpers,

ok let me explain, i have a 9900 and my gmail is synced with it (calendar, contacts, deleted items). all my contacts do sync properly from gmail and to gmail when i create them on my bb. however the contact list, the complete list replicates so i have two of each contact, if i go into options i see two contact lists now
    1.gmail
    2.default

i type RSET and delete the default list and i am back to one contact without any replications. however after sometime, the default list creates back again! and this is happening all the time. i just wanna keep gmail not default.

PS: i have read this happens when bb tries to sync. i dont sync anything with desktop. I have a BIS activated so it has nothing to do with enterprise servers.

please help this is annoying having to do a RSET everytime. and also what is deleted items?

thank you so much for help in advance
    well, for starters - 'deleted items' should mean that when you delete an email/appointment from your device - it will sync that change to the desktop/server..

as for your duplicate problem..I can only suggest a sure-fire way of getting it done (almost 99% positive this should work)..

backup your stuff..wipe the device..perform a clean install of the OS (there are several guides floating around on how to take care of these steps if you're unsure)..I dont think the order will matter for the next two steps..restore - but, do not restore your 'phone contacts' to go back to the device..then - as you go through the setup process, put in your gmail account and credentials, etc. and be sure to have your contacts 'wirelessly sync' to the device and, if i remember correctly, some sort of status should be shown on the screen letting you know how far along the sync of your calendar/contacts are...I cannot for the life of me think of a reason that wouldn't do it - but, it's up to you if you want to go that route..if you know what you're doing - that wouldn't take more than 15 minutes.
    05-06-12 02:18 AM
    I did that several times and it looks like it has been rectified but to my horror the default list creates from no where again!
    05-06-12 02:21 AM
    I did that several times and it looks like it has been rectified but to my horror the default list creates from no where again!
    ok..

have you tried going here.. and seeing what it says?

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services > Contact List
    05-06-12 02:27 AM
    Says my gmail! Lol that's why I am so confused! Everything seems to be ok but the default haha
    05-06-12 02:28 AM
    Log into Google account from your pc. Should be a drop down for other Google options, like calendar. There is a list of contacts that you need to modify to your liking. I went through. Same issue awhile back.
    05-06-12 06:29 AM
    Modify them? Modify to what? I got nothing!
    05-06-12 06:31 AM
    Ok. I had ur exact problem a year ago ith my 9780. No matter what I tried it couldn't get solved. So I went with google sync app and became happy with it. Same thing happened again on 9900, so os7 still has that lame bug. Now, google is retiring google sync app so what am I going to do? I retried every single option that I tried with 9780 and duplication still exist.

Until finally I did something. That is to go into ur "default" contact list, wireless sync still on, but don't use rset command. Manually delete through ur bb one by one until it has 0 contacts. Don't touch the "gmail" contacts.

Done. It no longer reloads the "default" contact list and sync still works with my gmail ans calendar after few weeks without duplication.
    05-06-12 09:07 AM
    I was having a terrible problem with Google sync. Over time, it ended up wiping out the addresses of all of my contacts, except for the city and state! I found a utility that could read the data from my blackberry backup on on my desktop. I then painstakingly re-entered the information on the Googs on my pc, synced it once to my phone, then turned off sync for contacts. That has taken care of it. I never had this issue with my 9700, though. Not sure what was up, but it was incredibly annoying.
    05-06-12 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD