05-04-12 01:43 PM
    Yuck, I had a feeling this may happen... Whatever - let's see how well constructed these apps are once they're both available and the fluidity in which they operate on each corresponding device.
    05-04-12 01:46 PM
    meh Scalado's time rewind is just COOLER Burst is nothing new to cameras maybe to samsung cameras...
    05-04-12 01:52 PM
    This is different. This is 8 different pictures and you pick the one best. Rim allows you to pick the best of certain parts of the pictures and combine all the good parts into one picture.

Also, RIM announced this monday and Samsung announced it yesterday. No way it was copied at all!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-04-12 01:53 PM
    This is different. This is 8 different pictures and you pick the one best. Rim allows you to pick the best of certain parts of the pictures and combine all the good parts into one picture.

Also, RIM announced this monday and Samsung announced it yesterday. No way it was copied at all!
    exactly. this new camera lets you get into the "perfect moment" letting you choose exactly what parts you want.
    05-04-12 01:54 PM
    Nothing really exciting about these 10 features. BB10 will have it

#6 is nothing new. There's an app that does this for the playbook. It takes many pictures and you pick the one you like.

The Scalado feature on BB10 is much cooler and more useful. I'm guessing the user can move that circle around the picture and change anything in the scene. If it doesn't then RIM should do it (e.g. Moving an arm or leg...or light levels change when clouds move)...interesting possibilites
    05-04-12 02:04 PM
    yep, Mybest shot for the playbook does this, you can select number of photos 4,8,16,32 or 64 how fast to capture slow medium or fast, save as png or jpg, and the quality low medium or high. Ih ave had this app for about a year
    05-04-12 02:09 PM
    I think the BB10 camera is a little more advanced than that. If you take what it says at face value and not read anything into it. It says something about burst mode and picking the best one out of the bunch. Compare that to the BB10 camera where you can isolate subjects separately and adjust them individually I think the BB10 camera software is more advanced.
    05-04-12 02:22 PM
    yep, Mybest shot for the playbook does this, you can select number of photos 4,8,16,32 or 64 how fast to capture slow medium or fast, save as png or jpg, and the quality low medium or high. Ih ave had this app for about a year
    I can't find this app... Could you send me a link?
    05-04-12 02:23 PM
    Nope. Samsung only wished they had copied it. They are kicking themselves now over not waiting longer to release SG3 after BB World. Two days was just not enough time to get it copied.

Look for a similar feature like Scalado in the SG3 S coming to a mobile vendor near you this summer. It will be called S Ado.
    05-04-12 02:24 PM

Exactly... this is called BRACKETING and many photographers take the same picture but using slightly different settings, this is also how you create HDR photos (by combining high/medium/low exposures of the same image)

the RIM/BB10 camera allows you to take ONE picture and CHANGE PARTS OF IT. Now, of course we only saw this for like 2 seconds, and im sure they tested it dozens of times and used the best possible outcome. Will EVERY PICTURE you take work that well with the camera/app? WE HAVE TO WAIT!

I will be the first person in line to get a BB10 phone, but I will also be the first person to state that WHAT THEY SHOW is always to be taken with a grain of salt. NO COMPANY will show you 'average' use... anything they show you has been chosen because it works and looks amazing. If the guy took a picture of the audience and then changed one of the faces in the audience THAT WOULD SEAL IT... but we will have to wait.
    05-04-12 02:28 PM
    that somehow really makes me sad. like:
    "Gimmicky but cool, Pop-Up Play shows what you can do with a quad-core processor on a phone. If you're watching a video and want to do something else, you can turn the video into a little thumbnail that will float - still playing!"
    come on? really? and all the world goes:"woah! look at that!" and then they go: "yeah rim ya ol' copy-cats, he?!"

I'm already angry -.-
    05-04-12 02:30 PM
    Yuck, I had a feeling this may happen... Whatever - let's see how well constructed these apps are once they're both available and the fluidity in which they operate on each corresponding device.
    I guess it is not a feature which RIM invented but the optic or camera company and RIM bought that feature - as well as Samsung. Samsung just will put it "instantly" in there flag ship device...

But I hope this touchscreen keyboard is an invention of RIM. Has to be - this could be a key feature for RIM.
    05-04-12 02:41 PM
    There touchscreen keyboard is almost certainly their same keyboard I am typing on right now. It is quite good too. SwiftKey is likely they best touchscreen keyboard available for all platforms...though it is only in use on Android and now BlackBerry.
    05-04-12 02:49 PM
    the keyboard is actualy swiftkey, they have been making keyboards for long time on android playform but i have not see this specific keyboard on an android phone yet.
    05-04-12 02:51 PM
    exactly. this new camera lets you get into the "perfect moment" letting you choose exactly what parts you want.
    The Scalado tech definitely has the coolness factor, however there are some real problems with it:

1. Significantly lower picture quality. The picture is not a still shot, but a freeze frame taken from a recorded video. Actual photograph >>> video still.
    2. If you try to create a composite from different video stills, it will leave artifacts around the edges. You will notice this as blurriness around the edges.

This will probably not be noticable when looking at the picture on the phone display. However, bring the picture over to a computer and it will be a different story. It is a cool gimmick, don't get me wrong, just don't expect quality pics.

The burst mode in the S3 is actually a series of still photos and it won't the the picture quality issues above.
    05-04-12 02:57 PM
    Can't tell if trolling.

HTC has had this in their phones for like half a year or so now? And their implementation is better than SAMSUNG's (uses a 20 photo batch instead of 8 in their newer phones, IIRC).

How is that stealing from RIM? It's not like RIM was telling Samsung what it was doing, and Samsung whipped it up and put it in a production-ready ROM for their device in 1-2 days...

Like I said... I can't tell... ...

Also, if most users feel they must bash alternative platforms to make their own look better, then perhaps the battle has already been lost? Momentum counts for a lot these days.

The bashing is getting to childish levels, especially since everything that's said these days is nothing but drivel that's been repeated over the past 2+ years. Boring. Move on. Focus on the merits of BBX, and don't destroy the focus by linking trollbait in the forums.
    Last edited by N8ter; 05-04-12 at 03:15 PM.
    05-04-12 03:10 PM
    Okay. This is the way it goes. Apple steals from Samsung, Samsung steals from nokia, nokia steals from rim. Then rim steals from apple, apple steals from Google, Google steals from bing...........

And on and on and on.........

05-04-12 03:15 PM
    the keyboard is actualy swiftkey, they have been making keyboards for long time on android playform but i have not see this specific keyboard on an android phone yet.
    it is made by swiftkey?

if so, does that mean it can be ported to android?
    05-04-12 03:22 PM
    It's not the same feature, however, It's not copying when anyone is free to license it. Not to mention BB10 & BB10 devices are currently vaporware.
    05-04-12 03:23 PM
    I wasn't aware that "burst/bracketing" was available on BB camera apps; so I would say they didn't steal anything.
    05-04-12 03:29 PM
    See... that's the thing. This is why there may be a disconnect between some forumites and the rest of the tech world. To some of us, everything is breathtaking and new... worthy of being stolen. To people on the outside, it's like "And?"

Just a thought
    05-04-12 03:34 PM
    Well the HTC also lowers the Quality. If you watch the Demo the HTC rep clearly stated the Quality for the other stills taken would drop down to 5mp. I would assume this is the same for Samsung camera.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 03:43 PM
    Well the HTC also lowers the Quality. If you watch the Demo the HTC rep clearly stated the Quality for the other stills taken would drop down to 5mp. I would assume this is the same for Samsung camera.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    That does not mean quality is reduced at all. more MP != better quality
    05-04-12 03:50 PM
    The whole Galaxy S III is a stolen idea. Apple probably gave them a few phone calls after seeing "S-Voice".

As for the camera part, it's not quite the same and since BB10 was announced less than a week ago I doubt they could copy an idea that quickly.
    05-04-12 06:33 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD