I see the BB10 Cascades SDK and simulator are available now. I'm just downloading and installing now:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/cascades/

EDIT: I compiled and installed a number of the cascades examples on the BB10 Dev Alpha Simulator and so far everything is going smooth. Now to work on some new app on my own.
    Last edited by RDarrylR; 05-03-12 at 01:07 PM.
    05-03-12 11:40 AM
    I'm not anyone's idea of a serious developer, but I did the "FirstApp" tutorial tonight, and I loved the flexibility of being able to do either QML or C++.

A piece of advice I'd give anyone who wants to dip their toe in this: follow RIM's instructions very closely. I banged my head against the wall for hours last night, my penalty for failing to follow exactly that advice. Tonight, I followed the config steps to the letter and it was all good.

That said, the instructions and tutorials are very nice. I look forward to playing with this some more. I'd LOVE to have a salable app to take to market by the time BB10 ships.
    05-04-12 01:14 AM
    I guess you guys managed to download the cascades sdk ... I keep getting "Error downloading due to export restrictions.", is it me or people in Europe are not allowed to download it?
    05-05-12 06:16 PM
    I guess you guys managed to download the cascades sdk ... I keep getting "Error downloading due to export restrictions.", is it me or people in Europe are not allowed to download it?
    Oooo... good question. Which country?
    05-05-12 07:44 PM
    Oooo... good question. Which country?
    France
    I tried to google that message but no luck so far ...
    05-06-12 09:32 AM
    I can't do anything until I buy VMWare Fusion...or move my development to Windows.
    05-06-12 04:14 PM
    Does anyone know how to change the display-size of the VM-Simulator? The BB10-Alpha Simulator is bigger then my monitor resolution... this realy sucks.
    05-06-12 04:52 PM
    France
    I tried to google that message but no luck so far ...
    Interesting. I get this message only when I try to download the mac version of the sdk. Linux & Windows are ok.
    05-07-12 04:58 AM
    Does anyone know how to change the display-size of the VM-Simulator? The BB10-Alpha Simulator is bigger then my monitor resolution... this realy sucks.
    Did you manage to change it? 'cause it's quite annoying. If I change the monitor settings in vmplayer, the simulator simply doesn't start.
    05-10-12 08:58 AM
    Same issue with the size of the simulator. Also, I cant make the simulator connect to SDK. Is there anything I should be doing that I am missing? I know thats an incredibly vague question, but is it really more involved that installing the sim and running it on vmware? SDK seems to find it, but shows it as not connected.
    05-10-12 05:36 PM
    Did you manage to change it? 'cause it's quite annoying. If I change the monitor settings in vmplayer, the simulator simply doesn't start.
    You cannot change the monitor resolution (AFAIK). Looks like a really silly oversight/mistake, and hopefully one that will be corrected in the not too distant future.

What I do is put the simulator into landscape mode, then everything fits in my HD screen. This is achieved by clicking in the bottom right-hand corner of the bezel. Please note, however, that it's very glitchy, and sometimes it takes the simulator 2 or 3 minutes before the orientation actually changes (on my install anyway - Ubuntu 12.04).
    05-10-12 09:59 PM
    I had the same issue, used hidemyass proxy and it worked.
    05-20-12 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD