RIM's stock has been slumping since the keynote.

It's currently at it's lowest in almost a decade, dropping pretty much 5% a day for the last 3 days. It's currently closing in on $12 per share.
    05-03-12 09:20 AM
    guess its time to buy more
    anon(1464249) and Eli_B like this.
    05-03-12 09:27 AM
    Company would be selling for a lot more if there were money in announcement of fantastic plans. Sadly, the market is interested in the delivery of product, at which RIM is woefully inadequate.
    05-03-12 09:37 AM
    ...and this is somehow a BB10 discussion? Wrong sub forum.
    05-03-12 10:04 AM
    Yeah, meant to post in new & rumors. Couldn't delete it afterwards.

The BB10 teaser did trigger the drop, the stock was up slightly until the keynote.
    05-03-12 10:11 AM
    It's depressing just looking at the stock. Should have sold right before the keynote and then bought again. -_-
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    05-03-12 10:44 AM
    Not yet -- it's currently $12.05, off 75 cents today or almost 6 percent. Wait until it heads back up; the greedy lose!

Or else do some dollar cost averaging.
    05-03-12 10:46 AM
    Research In Motion: It's Time To Start Buying - Seeking Alpha

"I must say that I�m excited with two things that make an investment a good one. Of course it's not guaranteed but when you have new products coming out (that look great) and a healthy balance sheet to support the transition, a good investment opportunity may arise.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you but imagine that you are investing in a start-up who already has a valuable brand, assets, client base, no debt and all it's financing secured, for a 30% discount ( $13.5 market price compared to book value of $19.27 per share).

....."
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-03-12 10:55 AM
    Thor didn't wow anyone.
    In fact the feeble showing of BB10 hurt RIM.
    Nothing cool and new. Just more "wait, its coming".

Stock drops. Shocked?
    Not.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-03-12 11:38 AM
    Won't buy until bb10 comes out. I don't care how oversold the stock is.
    05-03-12 11:43 AM
    Thor didn't wow anyone.
    In fact the feeble showing of BB10 hurt RIM.
    Nothing cool and new. Just more "wait, its coming".

Stock drops. Shocked?
    Not.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    He clearly wow'ed the CrackBerry team, have you seen the reactions from Kevin and others?
    05-03-12 12:49 PM
    Screw the market. There's a handful of legitimately smart investors who know what a company is going to do. The rest are lemmings who follow the herd over the cliff. To wit, it took them FOUR YEARS to realize and understand the fallout from RIM's non-reaction to the iPhone. When RIM clearly demonstrates that they have a new recipe for success, then everybody will want to jump on board. Who cares - it's all paper numbers.
    05-03-12 01:06 PM
    I am honestly thinking of buying it.

I have 5k in some account in my bank and it is getting like $20 interest every 3 months. I figure that if i buy stock and it goes up to even $20 in a year I will make A LOT more then interest
    05-03-12 01:20 PM
    I am honestly thinking of buying it.

I have 5k in some account in my bank and it is getting like $20 interest every 3 months. I figure that if i buy stock and it goes up to even $20 in a year I will make A LOT more then interest
    05-03-12 01:21 PM
    Timer to purchase more. We know bb10 is gonna be good! Buy em before they go up and away!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    05-03-12 01:23 PM
    Well they didn't show any thing of substance and the galaxy s III got launched and is looking good.

Would be a good time to buy in case. Rim has a breakout hit.
    Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-12 01:37 PM
    Well they didn't show any thing of substance and the galaxy s III got launched and is looking good.

Would be a good time to buy in case. Rim has a breakout hit.
    Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Ah, another person living in a funny world.

what did Apple show for the release keynote of the new iPad?

THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW THE SCREEN!!! All they showed was 'the difference' between the new screen and the old one... but no one SAW the screen that day (at least from all the reviews/videos I was watching)

So, what you are saying is that CRAZY AMAZING ipad is ok without showing its AMAZINGEST feature... but BB10 shows one of the best keyboards, a pretty damn innovative camera, and some sweet multitasking in TEN MINUTES and "that is nothing of substance"

lmao. please tell all your friends this so that the stock can go down to $5 and I can buy thousands of shares, so when BB10 is released and all those people that hate BB buy it because it is the best I will be LAUGHING TO THE BANK!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-03-12 01:55 PM
    For those who own RIMM stock, keep your sights focused on May 18th....tech stocks, never leave home without buying some.
    05-03-12 03:26 PM
    what is may 18?

im out of the loop bc ive been really busy lately
    05-03-12 03:33 PM
    05-03-12 03:41 PM
    what is may 18?

Facebook IPO.
    05-03-12 05:42 PM
    what is may 18?

Do you really think RIM stock will go up for that? I think investors are dumping some if their tech stocks to buy Facebook. Apple already has lost 10% over the past couple of weeks.
    05-03-12 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD