I was just wondering if this was a great idea...

How about RIM make a partnership or some kind of a deal with SONY by letting SONY to exclusively use BBM and limited RIM innovations on Xperias and in return make BB10 phones PlayStation certified. I think both companies would definitely benefit both parties because BBM and/or security features on Xperias, makes it more secured and superior from other android phones and also don't forget the potential revenue from purchased games on App World considering how much premium games are offered in it; and PlayStation games on a BLACKBERRY makes gaming on BB more awesome than the iPhone and other android devices, and it will definitely a huge contribution of quality apps, addressing the app gap. (a WIN WIN situation).

Let's face it, There's like tons of super awesome games in PlayStation Store and they are available in almost any SONY mobile devices (tablets and phones). IMAGINE BBOS 10 with PlayDtation games.. HOT CHILI PEPPERS!! It's only a wild suggestion, but seriously it would be totally awesome if BBOS phones were PlayStation certified and should definitely make rim bashers to shut up. Just saying.
    05-03-12 01:31 AM
    I doubt the new devices have the Playstation controls needed to make that work. The actual PS phone has a slide out game pad. Virtual sticks and buttons in general just don't work as well for gaming.
    05-03-12 01:43 AM
    I can see it now. The trailer goes something like..."Two struggling companies combining forces to overcome their own mediocrity."

It would make for a good comedy. I would love to watch the management group in Waterloo, who seemingly can't communicate effectively internally within RIM or externally with the marketplace, combine forces with a giant mega Japan based company like Sony. If it happens just syndicate a reality show. That would be some funny television.
    05-03-12 01:50 AM
    Aren't sony tablet s have touch screen controls? They seem to work well, and considering BBOS 10 rooted from the playbook, don't you think that they can make few tweaks to make it work like on the tablet s??
    05-03-12 01:55 AM
    hey! that's what I thought too! LOL, but heck BBOS 10 may be RIM's last push so why don't be picky right? HAHA

+1000
    05-03-12 01:57 AM
    it is a good idea but I doubt RIM wants to partner with a company which had a 2/3 black out because they was hacked :s

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    05-03-12 02:00 AM
    that's the point... partner with RIM to get security and in return give RIM playstation certification. I dunno, I really think BBOS10 will make a shot if they actually did this and I really want RIM to deliver and succeed.
    05-03-12 02:06 AM
    You don't just "get security". RIM can't just walk into Sony's Playstation NOC, wave a magic wand and suddenly make all the servers secure.

I don't think these two companies have much to gain from each other.
    05-03-12 02:32 AM
    True. but we are talking about porting PS games to BBOS 10 not on servers. I think I got the wording wrong but the "security" I am referring to is for Andriod OS that Xperias and their tablets use. Thinking about RIM's capabilities and the fact that the manufacturers are able to tweak Andriod OS, don't you think a more secured version of Andriod OS can be accomplished and Sony would be possibly benefit from it because now they can sell their product to the enterprise side? Of course Sony would be a direct competitor for BB if that happens, but they can have mutual benefits from it right??
    05-03-12 04:40 AM
    It'll take more than a few "tweaks" to make an OS like Android secure enough to allow governments and major corporations to use it. Think about it; the very fact that you can "tweak" the OS (root it, modify it, do whatever you please with it) is what makes it not secure in the first place. Furthermore, if all it takes is a couple modifications, I'm sure it would have been accomplished already.
    05-03-12 04:52 AM
    And also, considering that premium games costs 1.99 and up in app world (Playbook AppWorld) and considering it's an PS game it would probably cost more than any games, I believe demand for would be high and they could actually make lots of profit from it due to the fact that there's less competition in App World compared to App Store and Google Play. Yes, I think there would be a problem, because PS games are exclusively from PSN (which is not secured enough) which but considering the potential earnings and benefits both parties can acquire, don't you think its rational to do so?? *sorry too many questions lol
    05-03-12 05:02 AM
    but then again it's RIM, the maker of the most secured phone in the planet. Andriod OS is, from what I heard, considered as unsecured OS. Google and other OS making companies simply don't have security based technologies like "RIM security whatever" to apply to its existing technologies. Let's look at this, currently RIM is building a new OS completely from scratch and whatever, right? Obviously, RIM will make their OS secured as they are before, thus making it a viable option for governments. Again, they went on a harder path...RIM built a completely new OS, don't you think "tweaking" is obviously easier than building a complete new OS without imposing no threats on security, so security is not a problem when tweaking Andriod OS? Again with the stress of the name "RIM".
    05-03-12 05:18 AM
    05-03-12 11:19 AM
    It's never been about the hardware really but the outdated OS for RIM.
    05-03-12 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD