Little back story: My first smartphone was a blackberry Bold 9700 which I got the day the 9700 was released. I was originally going to get an iPhone but then I discovered Crackberry and it completely changed my mind. I loved my Bold like it was my first born. I had an iPhone and even an Android but I never lasted more than a month with either and came straight back to my Bold. That was over two years ago and as much as I hated to admit it the old gal was starting to show her age (bricking, hourglass forever). There was no doubt in my mind that when I upgraded it would be another blackberry. I didn't feel like waiting for the new OS10 devices but I was a little skeptical about the 9900 because it had been out since November (I think?) of last year. Phone technology has been going so fast I didn't want something that would be outdated by the time I turned it on. However I got one anyway and man am I impressed. The OS and liquid graphics are gorgeous and the OS is fast and responsive and everything I've come to expect from RIM. This phone, although it was deemed an "interim" phone until the OS10 devices come out, has me confident that RIM is still capable of putting out a quality product that delivers on every level.

TL;DR I am a fan boy and absolutely love my new 9900 and think RIM will survive
    05-02-12 08:42 PM
    I'm right there with you. Even with all the new bells & whistles present in BB 10, I am VERY satisfied with my BB 9900. I am more concerned with RIM continuing support for BB 7 devices than i am for BB 10. That is not a knock against BB 10 devices, but rather an affirmation of how much I love the 9900 & OS 7.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-02-12 10:31 PM
    I'm right there with you. Even with all the new bells & whistles present in BB 10, I am VERY satisfied with my BB 9900. I am more concerned with RIM continuing support for BB 7 devices than i am for BB 10. That is not a knock against BB 10 devices, but rather an affirmation of how much I love the 9900 & OS 7.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

That's what bbfusion is going to be about. Merging the 2os's 7 and 10 so I don't think it will be anytime soon that they abandon os7. Heck they still support os5!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-02-12 11:51 PM
    Why does everyone thing RIM will abandon OS7? They have always supported their older phones.

BUT, do not expect as many updates except for bug fixes.

RIM makes it's money selling hardware and it's RIM services so there has to be a limit to it's support for any older product. Life cycle on phones is short and the 9900 is not a lifetime deal. In fact it has been around a while now
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-03-12 05:21 AM
    I'm very in love with my Bold 9930. I will not get a BB 10 device until RIM comes out with a Bold style BlackBerry. The 9930 is the best device I've owned, plain and simple.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-03-12 06:02 AM
    Agree. It's funny even though it takes them some time to do it people say RIM doesn't listen. Seems I remember awhile back a lot on here wanting a bold with a touch screen plus keyboard. What do we have now? People were wanting to control their pb with their phone and use the phones keyboard. What do we have now?

It's coming I just hope it gets here soon enough.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-03-12 07:31 AM
    I've been a BB user for 6 years until last year. Started with 72xx, then 8700, 8800, 9000, 9700. I got fed up with the same OS and problems, so I bought an iPhone 4. Sure, all those apps are great (especially games, I'm addicted to them ), but seriously, iPhone is a toy. Mail app is horrible, battery life sucks, virtual keyboard is pretty lame (after 10 months, I still can't type as fast as I could on my BB), no LED, no sound profiles, etc. I'm not saying that iPhone is a horrible phone, it's not. But to get things done, BB is the right choice.

TL;DR

I can't wait to see a QWERTY BB 10 phone. I'm going to run to the nearest store and buy two. I miss you, BB, hope to see you soon (less than a year?).
    05-03-12 08:19 AM
    I totally agree with everything that has been posted so far. I just got my Bold 9930 Monday from BestBuy for $ 99......WOW, what a bargain, this phone is AWESOME. For now I'm going to enjoy my 9930/PlayBook combo and not worry about "what's next"
    05-03-12 08:22 AM
    I've been a BB user for 6 years until last year. Started with 72xx, then 8700, 8800, 9000, 9700. I got fed up with the same OS and problems, so I bought an iPhone 4. Sure, all those apps are great (especially games, I'm addicted to them ), but seriously, iPhone is a toy. Mail app is horrible, battery life sucks, virtual keyboard is pretty lame (after 10 months, I still can't type as fast as I could on my BB), no LED, no sound profiles, etc. I'm not saying that iPhone is a horrible phone, it's not. But to get things done, BB is the right choice.

TL;DR

I can't wait to see a QWERTY BB 10 phone. I'm going to run to the nearest store and buy two. I miss you, BB, hope to see you soon (less than a year?).
    I loved my instant email on my RIM devices but it lacked a real mail client. I am stuck using AOL for my company and the iPhone DOES allow me to see all of my folders where I store my mail but not RIM.
    05-03-12 08:37 AM
    I loved my instant email on my RIM devices but it lacked a real mail client. I am stuck using AOL for my company and the iPhone DOES allow me to see all of my folders where I store my mail but not RIM.
    I'm a little shocked that you're obviously using an iPhone, Greg after all the time on BlackBerry. Personally, after many switches back and forth...and I mean MANY, I am trying to find someone to trade me their 9900 for my iPhone4 since a change in my business has me handling 50-100 emails and texts a day...which simply wears me out on my iPhone.

No biggie, and not knocking the iPhone...just suprised to see your switch.
    05-03-12 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD