We've seen :

and now we have this :

they look very much different yet somehow similar... Any word on what's going on with the difference in UI? It seems the leak may just show an early concept But within newer BB10 shots like:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPYYo0-gfc[/YT]

What's up? Development progress? Bad leak?
    Or is RIM holding a few things really close to the chest?

Perhaps this "Blackberry London" is the BB10 Dev Alpha "Limited Edition" that we've heard about? Or maybe just a different cut of QNX that's device specific.
    Any thoughts? Prototype for sure...?
    Time Lord likes this.
    05-02-12 08:08 PM
    Do dev alpha devices have the new keyboard they demoed
    05-02-12 08:13 PM
    No, just uses regular PlayBook keyboard from what I've seen (not sure if predictive text is even there).
    05-02-12 08:18 PM
    that was a bb10 *sneak peak*
    05-02-12 08:21 PM
    That has nothing to do with what phones or the os will look like since this is running bb playbook os not bb10......
    05-02-12 09:50 PM
    That has nothing to do with what phones or the os will look like since this is running bb playbook os not bb10......
    whar do you mean by "this is running playbook os" ? The London?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    05-03-12 09:40 AM
    Things have clearly moved on since those previous pics leaked out as the ui gets further optimised and moves away from its pb roots.
    05-04-12 08:24 AM
    This is possibly the most awesome looking blackberry devices I have seen to date....I so hope they release it soon.

I'm gonna have a nergasm...
    05-13-12 03:16 PM
    I hope that this phone does get released as how cool would be to have a phone called the BlackBerry London.
    05-16-12 01:52 PM
    I really hope that it just looks like a small playbook like dev alpha.
    05-23-12 10:21 PM
    Makes lot of sense that the first phone would be called London and have a launch focused on the uk. BB is loved there.
    06-02-12 10:26 AM
    Looking foward to BB10!
    06-05-12 12:56 AM
    I really hope that it just looks like a small playbook like dev alpha.
    yup it looks the same as dev alpha, but I wish bb10 phone is a little thinner.
    06-09-12 05:58 AM
    I hope the London doesn't look like the render. Ugly.
    06-09-12 06:02 AM
    It's just not a BlackBerry without the trademark keyboard.
    06-25-12 10:34 PM
    Not hating on RIM, but what are the chances this thing is anywhere close to the Iphone 5 and latest android phone by the time its released? Hopefully they release a competitive product, not crap like the Playbook.
    06-26-12 02:42 AM
    The new leaked pics with the width, seem to indicate this will still be a smaller size phone (3.2 - 3.6), rather than a Thunderbolt or Evo size. Not unexpected but dissapointing nonetheless.
    06-26-12 09:59 AM
    I hope it is wider than my torch. It's too narrow to hold comfortably in portrait to type.
    06-26-12 10:04 AM
    The leaked slide says 55mm wide. That is a rather unfortunate 2.16 inches! Less than a 1/4 inch wider than the 9850/9860. G-d I really hope this is not the case. The newest EVO and SIII appear to be 4.6 inch screens. Probably big for most business users, but I have been using 4.2 inch androids with no problem whatsoever. 3.2-3.6 inch screens are on the smaller side these days. I really hope they push more of the envelope on the reamaining specs, including fit and finish materials, like glass and metal.
    06-26-12 10:14 AM
    The leaked slide says 55mm wide. That is a rather unfortunate 2.16 inches! Less than a 1/4 inch wider than the 9850/9860. G-d I really hope this is not the case. The newest EVO and SIII appear to be 4.6 inch screens. Probably big for most business users, but I have been using 4.2 inch androids with no problem whatsoever. 3.2-3.6 inch screens are on the smaller side these days. I really hope they push more of the envelope on the reamaining specs, including fit and finish materials, like glass and metal.
    If it were as wide as my old tour I would be fine. I don't want to carry a huge brick around.
    QWKSNKE likes this.
    06-26-12 10:29 AM
    If it were as wide as my old tour I would be fine. I don't want to carry a huge brick around.
    I don't know how wide the tour is - but the best selling handhelds are at or about 4.2 inches. Its a great size for typing on a virtual keyboard in portrait.

Again - this becomes not what die hard CB fans who have grown used to tiny screens want. Its about apealing to a wider audience.

Perhaps this screen size leak is what's pulling the stock down under $9 today.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-12 10:58 AM
    I saw this confirmed on a few sites today from reliable sources - - THE L-SERIES BB10 PHONE WILL IN FACT NOT BE AS WIDE AS THE 9850/9860 and the N- Series will not be as large as the 9900/9930. All I can say is wow.

I had been holding out some hope that RIM finally got it. That they could find a way to hold on to enough cash and prop up the stock price long enough to market a paradigm changing product. Should RIM seriously be in manufacturing with a screen smaller than their prior generation BB7, than I have absolutely no qualms about asserting that Heins still does not get it and RIM is not long for this world. A detail like this is indicitive of everything we have seen for the last few years, an excrutiatingy long roll out that fails to meet hardware or software expectations. As recently as the decisions made with regard to the 9900 camera series, and the 9850 use of a plastic screen. The failure to use top of the line materials, chipsets and memory has eroded confidence in RIM. With reportsw circulating widely today that RIM may not have the cash it needs to get the 10 series out the door, one wonders how long IT departments will go before instituting some contigency plan to get BBs out of its associate's hands before the NOC is shuttered.
    06-26-12 12:19 PM
    I saw this confirmed on a few sites today from reliable sources - - THE L-SERIES BB10 PHONE WILL IN FACT NOT BE AS WIDE AS THE 9850/9860 and the N- Series will not be as large as the 9900/9930. All I can say is wow.

I had been holding out some hope that RIM finally got it. That they could find a way to hold on to enough cash and prop up the stock price long enough to market a paradigm changing product. Should RIM seriously be in manufacturing with a screen smaller than their prior generation BB7, than I have absolutely no qualms about asserting that Heins still does not get it and RIM is not long for this world. A detail like this is indicitive of everything we have seen for the last few years, an excrutiatingy long roll out that fails to meet hardware or software expectations. As recently as the decisions made with regard to the 9900 camera series, and the 9850 use of a plastic screen. The failure to use top of the line materials, chipsets and memory has eroded confidence in RIM. With reportsw circulating widely today that RIM may not have the cash it needs to get the 10 series out the door, one wonders how long IT departments will go before instituting some contigency plan to get BBs out of its associate's hands before the NOC is shuttered.
    Just wow if true. Isn't the dev phone wider than the torch? I guess if true they think people like small screens. Mistake.
    06-26-12 12:32 PM
    There's no way. The full-touch version should have a screen size comparable to the Dev Alpha (4.2 inch). I can see them going a little bigger with the final product but not smaller

06-26-12 02:33 PM
    As I understand it, it will be bigger than the Torch's 3.7" screen, but because it will be taller. Rather than widen the screen (I imagine they are concerned about one hand operation) they are lengthening the screen. I just think this is plain silly. The 9850 needed to be a little wider, not skinnier. With the extra lenght, I think it will be rather ackward.

Can the Dev Alpha may have a similar resolution and size, but different dimensions from the final product?
    06-26-12 02:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD