What's the thinnest case for the Blackberry 9900? Right now I'm rocking my holster, but for those days where I don't wear pants with something to clip the holster on, I use the Casemate Pop case. I absolutely love the sleek feel without a case, so now I'm looking for a new case that makes it feel like it's naked. Leaning towards the Casemate barely there, unless there's an even thinner case out there?
    05-02-12 07:35 PM
    What's the thinnest case for the Blackberry 9900? Right now I'm rocking my holster, but for those days where I don't wear pants with something to clip the holster on, I use the Casemate Pop case. I absolutely love the sleek feel without a case, so now I'm looking for a new case that makes it feel like it's naked. Leaning towards the Casemate barely there, unless there's an even thinner case out there?

Depends on what you want exactly..some cases leave the top and bottom of the phones exposed; whereas, others will protect the full 'outside' of the device..

In terms of "thinnest"..I can't see it getting any less thin than the OEM BB Soft Shell - someone correct me if I'm wrong on that..this case is one that protects the entire outside of the phone except for a tiny sliver of the bezel..give it a look.
    05-02-12 10:45 PM
    i have the soft case OEM and i have the barely there casemate. the casemate fits inside my wallet/pouch whereas the soft case makes it too large.

my assessment: barely there case > soft case OEM

i would reccomend the barely there case. i believe you can find it on amazon for $15 USD. the soft shell i bought at a tmobile store for $5. they do a buy two get one free at a lot of locations so i bought screen protectors for >$10 for a total of $15 for a case and two sets of screen protectors.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 11:02 PM
    "Barely There" from CaseMate. It does not offer protection from drops but prevents "some" of the scuffs of setting it down.

My favorite case on my BB and 4S
    05-03-12 05:23 AM
    The OEM Hard Case is the best in my opinion..
    The back doesnt even look like a case!
    It looks very similar to the real phone!!
    05-03-12 07:33 AM
    Would a skin be too thin? If not, check out the skinomi carbon fiber skins. in love with them
    05-03-12 09:53 AM
    definitely the Case Mate Barely There.

I used to have the Otterbox Commuter, but it was too covered. Then I went caseless for a while until I discovered the Barely There.

I love my Barely There case. If you get one, get it in White. It looks amazing!
    05-03-12 10:12 AM
    definitely the Case Mate Barely There.

I used to have the Otterbox Commuter, but it was too covered. Then I went caseless for a while until I discovered the Barely There.

I love my Barely There case. If you get one, get it in White. It looks amazing!
    Is that one of the cases that leaves the top and bottom of the phone naked?
    05-03-12 03:33 PM
    Is that one of the cases that leaves the top and bottom of the phone naked?

Yup! Its shows off the beautiful metal band lol

I actually like that because it really is beautiful. When its covered it makes the phone look like any old Blackberry. Covering the bezel also gives the illusion of thickness.

That's why I think the Barely There case is perfect if you don't wanna add bulk.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 03:37 PM
    I have the Puregear case and holster:

http://shop.crackberry.com/puregear-hard-shell-case-and-holster-combo/4A24A9250.htm

Pretty thin and shows the metal at the top and bottom as well as some on the sides around the buttons.
    05-03-12 04:33 PM
    Yup! Its shows off the beautiful metal band lol

I actually like that because it really is beautiful. When its covered it makes the phone look like any old Blackberry. Covering the bezel also gives the illusion of thickness.

That's why I think the Barely There case is perfect if you don't wanna add bulk.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Haha, it is a nicely designed phone - just wish I wasn't so afraid of scratches/dings. Like to keep it fresh - otherwise, I'd carry it naked.

You know of any clips/holsters that work with that Barely There case?
    05-03-12 10:38 PM
    The OEM soft and hard shells are fairly thin, and though they may not be the absolute thinnest, they do protect the entire back and sides while not looking like there's a case on your Bold at all. Most people I encounter who don't know BlackBerry models well actually think there's no case on because of the way they look (especially the hard shell).
    05-03-12 10:57 PM
    i have the casemate barely there but you may also want to look at the iSkin Aura. It is very similar and very sleek looking. I love mine.
    05-04-12 01:44 AM
    I'm mostly a naked phone kinda guy...

Are there any protective cases which will still fit inside the OEM holster and/or the OEM leather pocket?
    05-04-12 02:22 AM
    I have both BB OEM softshell and hardshell, both are good quality and fairly thin cases with a high sexy appeal.
    05-04-12 06:00 AM
    Haha, it is a nicely designed phone - just wish I wasn't so afraid of scratches/dings. Like to keep it fresh - otherwise, I'd carry it naked.

You know of any clips/holsters that work with that Barely There case?
    Nah. I've tried to slide my phone in the OEM Holster it comes with and it fits, but its VERY snug.

It will take a little muscle to get it out lol

I don't use holsters or clips so its no issue for me.
    05-04-12 09:37 AM
    I've been using and OEM hard shell for ages, but have just ordered a Barely There case.

Love the feel of the phone naked, but can't bring myself to use it without.
    05-04-12 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD