I hope RIM doesn't waste time in making one of these.. Just purchase any good quality cable - doesn't take much to make a good cable for it to be OEM.. Monster cable maybe?

I got a mediabridge 10ft. cable.. works alright..

ps.. this isn't my thread.. although it looks like..
    05-02-12 03:49 AM
    RIM wouldn't make one anyway. All they would do is commission a Chinese company to stamp RIM on a $3 cable and sell it for $30.
    05-02-12 05:02 AM
    HDMI cables are such a rip off! I am glad to see people finally waking up to this fact. I can't believe BB is still trying to sell some for $100. Amazon and Monoprice are your friends.
    05-02-12 07:15 AM
    I bought the $3 GTMax cable off Amazon... didn't work, and I tried it on both Playbooks (the one I'm keeping and the one I'm returning). Worst part is that the seller expects me to pay return shipping on a defective cable, so I'll probably just eat the 3 bucks.

I just ordered a 15-footer from Monoprice last night. Hopefully better results.
    05-02-12 08:46 AM
    I also purchased the same HDMI cable from Amazon that ships from handhelditems.com, mine works fine on my LG W225TQ desktop monitor.

Displaying your Blackberry Playbook on a 22 inch monitor or a large flat screen TV is a great way to show its greatness to your friends. You may even convert them to the Blackberry way of life like I'm doing, one person at a time.
    05-02-12 09:27 AM
    Most people have an HDMI cable sitting around their home. My brother recently picked up the tiny HDMI to micro adapter for like 5 bucks. It was way cheaper than buying the whole cable!
    05-02-12 12:01 PM
    ps.. this isn't my thread.. although it looks like..
    So whose is it?
    05-02-12 01:30 PM
    They do make them - High-Speed HDMI

Mine was included in the 64GB PlayBook bundle I purchased from The Shopping Channel.
    05-02-12 03:15 PM
    They do make them - High-Speed HDMI

Mine was included in the 64GB PlayBook bundle I purchased from The Shopping Channel.
    But who wants to spend that kind of money on an HDMI cable when there are cheaper alternatives. Why pay that much more for a cable simply because it has the BlackBerry logos on them? Especially since more than likely the cheaper cable options are just as good as the BlackBerry branded ones.
    05-02-12 04:15 PM
    HDMI cables are such a rip off! I am glad to see people finally waking up to this fact. I can't believe BB is still trying to sell some for $100. Amazon and Monoprice are your friends.
    that statement is so embarrassing... (lol)

As for BB not making one... too late, I already have one (got it pretty much for free). But im pretty sure the website says they are only $20
    05-02-12 04:21 PM
    I bought 2 for less than a dollar on amazon. Figured at that price it couldn't hurt to try it out and they work perfectly fine.
    05-02-12 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD