Ok people, here is the deal with this thread...

From the list on the main page the BB 10 JAM for TORONTO seems to be getting a lot of interest. I personally REALLY want to attend this to learn everything I can about a platform that has already inspired me to begin my developing training. So...

If you find/hear any information about the BB 10 JAM happening IN TORONTO please post it here so that ALL OF US can be on the same page.

(If you want to discuss events at the current conference and what you want to see at the TORONTO event, or what to make travel/meeting plans with other CB members for the TORONTO event that is fine, but the MAIN goal for this thread will be to give you all the information you need to MAKE those plans and discussions possible)

Obviously I cannot say when the OFFICIAL information will be made available, but i think it is a good idea to start this thread now to hype it up and help gain some momentum for whenever the event takes place.

UPDATE:
    BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour Date
    June 21 - Toronto, ON, Canada
    Last edited by FSeverino; 05-12-12 at 02:39 PM.
    05-02-12 12:17 AM
    oooOooh
    i work in the north but live in N.S. on a two week in, two week out rotation. If this bb10 jam in Toronto is on my time off i'm definately there!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 05:08 AM
    do you have to be a developer to attend or just a curious fan who wants to learn / know more?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the Tapatalk Crackberry app.
    05-02-12 05:56 AM
    I would love to have this, I can't attend in Orlando.
    Toronto would fit perfectly into my day for me though.

(Also one of those developer devices would be nice!)
    05-02-12 06:20 AM
    Whenever BlackBerry Jam Toronto is, I'm there! It'll be worth taking a day off work for! And yes, I would love to get my hands on an Alpha device.
    05-02-12 09:48 PM
    do you have to be a developer to attend or just a curious fan who wants to learn / know more?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the Tapatalk Crackberry app.
    Good question, I was wondering the same thing. I've taken a basic computer programming class at university but have no idea how to develop apps, but I am very interested in learning.
    05-02-12 09:58 PM
    My guess, it'll be either the north or south building of the MTCC.

I'm not a developer and plus, I lack all skills of coding/hacking/programming. But if it doesn't cost a HUGE bill, let's say, not over $15, I'll be glad to attend to see it with my eyes.
    05-03-12 03:21 AM
    My guess, it'll be either the north or south building of the MTCC.

I'm not a developer and plus, I lack all skills of coding/hacking/programming. But if it doesn't cost a HUGE bill, let's say, not over $15, I'll be glad to attend to see it with my eyes.

BlackBerry Jam tickets were $299 ($249 academic rate) for the current one in Orlando. It should be similar for the other sessions.
    (Remember they gave out the Alpha devices, and I would guess they'll do so at the other Jams. The ticket prices have to at least reflect that, or you'll have hoards of people coming just for the devices.)
    05-03-12 10:11 AM
    Could there not be an option for a 'viewing' ticket. if the $299 was because of the Dev Alpha, then what if i dont want one (I do... but just for arguments sake)...
    05-04-12 09:30 PM
    Could there not be an option for a 'viewing' ticket. if the $299 was because of the Dev Alpha, then what if i dont want one (I do... but just for arguments sake)...
    05-04-12 09:37 PM
    Count me in if it comes here! I'm also trying to take the plunge into developing and have started learning as much as I can.

Time to give a little love back to Canada RIM. Bring it here to the T Dot!
    05-05-12 01:27 PM
    would you mind sharing any of the resources you have found?
    05-05-12 01:59 PM
    BlackBerry Jam tickets were $299 ($249 academic rate) for the current one in Orlando. It should be similar for the other sessions.
    (Remember they gave out the Alpha devices, and I would guess they'll do so at the other Jams. The ticket prices have to at least reflect that, or you'll have hoards of people coming just for the devices.)
    I would bet NO they don't give out devAlpha's at Future Jams,

Future Jams will be closer to launch dates, and will be populated with people who attended the first, I suspect we will see minor give aways but for $300 dollars they wont be giving away devices again.

World attendees pay 1500+ to get in, so seeing them get a device at the next world is realistic
    05-05-12 02:00 PM
    BB10 Jam Road Show Website with rough schedule:
    BlackBerry 10 Jam Road Show

@deRusett: Toronto (along with a bunch of other cities) is next month, so it's coming soon! Still hoping to get a hold of a BB10 Alpha next month!
    05-06-12 09:14 AM
    ^ thanks for that!

Here is the info:

Here's a few things that you can see on the BlackBerry 10 Jam Road Show:

Get a snapshot of the new things you can do with the BlackBerry 10 development platform. Learn about the unique capabilities of BlackBerry 10 to set your application apart.
    Collaborate with your community. Learn, share and network with your peers. Make valuable connections that will make you even more successful with BlackBerry.
    One-on-one expert guidance. Jam with BlackBerry platform experts and build a better app.
    RIM have also confimed the Road Show locations:

North America

June – Austin, Texas
    June – New York City, New York
    June – Montreal, Quebec
    June – Toronto, Ontario
    June – Atlanta, Georgia
    EMEA

May – Milan, Italy
    May – Barcelona, Spain
    June – Paris, France
    June – London, UK
    June – Moscow, Russia
    June – Berlin, Germany
    July – Warsaw, Poland
    Asia Pacific

July – Bangalore, India
    July – Delhi, India
    July – Beijing, China
    July – Singapore, Singapore
    July – Jakarta, Indonesia
    July – Sydney, Australia
    Latin America

August – Buenos Aires, Argentina
    August – Mexico City, Mexico
    05-07-12 01:42 PM
    BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour Dates

North America

June 5 - Austin, TX, USA
    June - California
    June - New York
    June 21 - Toronto, ON, Canada

EMEA

May 29 - Milan, Italy
    May 31 - Barcelona, Spain
    June 12 - Paris, France
    June 13 - London, UK
    June 26 - Moscow, Russia
    June 28 - Berlin, Germany
    July 3 - Warsaw, Poland

Asia Pacific

July 4 - Delhi, India
    July 6 - Beijing, China
    July 9 - Singapore, Singapore
    July 10 - Jakarta, Indonesia
    July 12 - Sydney, Australia

Latin America

August - Buenos Aires, Argentina
    August - Mexico City, Mexico
    05-12-12 02:39 PM
    B10 Jam Toronto is sold out! (First site to sell out -- guess we Canadians still support RIM!)
    05-25-12 05:13 AM
    i saw this...

i didnt even know the tickets were on sale
    05-26-12 02:19 PM
    B10 Jam Toronto is sold out! (First site to sell out -- guess we Canadians still support RIM!)
    I'm in. Are you?
    05-26-12 10:06 PM
    Woho! Registering the minute it opened up paid off! See you all there!
    05-27-12 09:56 AM
    I'm in. Are you?
    im not
    booo
    05-27-12 07:18 PM
    I'm a little late as well ;;

I wish there was like some.. gathering as well :O I have programming background but.. just need a little push of where to start to make some apps :O!
    05-28-12 09:08 PM
    I`m in too! Registered right when Toronto went online.

Trying to sort out my travel plans and hotel booking now as I`m coming down from Ottawa.

Would anyone know if there is a BB10Jam party after the day's events? Or a CrackBerry meet up planned? I'm wondering if I should plan to come home the Thursday night or party it up and return to Ottawa on Friday.

Thanks.
    05-28-12 09:41 PM
    I'm heading down from Ottawa as well, my plan is to fly down Thursday morning, spend the day there, then fly back at 9pm. Luckily Porter fly's right into the Harbour Front and is walking distance from the hotel. Saves $ on a hotel for the night. Plus, FYI, porter is having a sale, 50% off if you book before June 1st.

If enough people planned a CrackBerry party, I might stay!
    05-28-12 09:45 PM
    I'm in. Are you?
    Sure am! I think I registered within minutes of it opening!
    05-29-12 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD