Most of the memory card that I have that I used with my old and new BlackBerry phones are always corrupted. Is it because they have lots of songs and I always use them to record videos and take pictures?

They are both Sandisk or Scandisk brands. So what's the best stable microSD brand?
    05-01-12 07:44 PM
    Sandisk/Kingston for me, have 32GB kingston working like a charm so far.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-01-12 08:32 PM
    I'm running a SanDisk right now. Really pleased with it. Before I was running pny, but this SanDisk seems faster.
    05-01-12 08:36 PM
    The issue here is the corruption of memory.
    05-01-12 09:22 PM
    And yet i haven't experienced that.
    05-01-12 09:24 PM
    Always used SanDisk/Kingston and never had an issue..

Have you tried wiping the card and formatting it within the device you intend to use it in? (there are other obvious 'good care measures to be taken when dealing with memory cards - but, I've always done this one with BBs and had no issues)..
    05-01-12 09:26 PM
    I've had GOOD success with SanDisk ....but that's the only brand I have ever used.
    05-01-12 09:52 PM
    I always experienced it with SanDisk.
    Always getting corrupted. The temporary solution is to copy all files to my computer, then format it (completely--not quick format) then copy everything from my computer to the microSD. It's only good for a few days then after that. It's all corrupted again.

checking out pictures takes time and most of the time i always receive a message on my phone saying "media card corrupted, repair?" yet it never repairs it.
    05-01-12 10:13 PM
    Where you buy it matters more than the brand.

A lot of labeled branded sdcards are complete fakes and most people don't know it.
    05-03-12 09:01 PM
    Where you buy it matters more than the brand.

A lot of labeled branded sdcards are complete fakes and most people don't know it.
    I agree. It's the computer store that matters and not just cheap boutique somewhere.
    05-03-12 10:43 PM
    I always experienced it with SanDisk.
    Always getting corrupted. The temporary solution is to copy all files to my computer, then format it (completely--not quick format) then copy everything from my computer to the microSD. It's only good for a few days then after that. It's all corrupted again.

checking out pictures takes time and most of the time i always receive a message on my phone saying "media card corrupted, repair?" yet it never repairs it.
    You need to format the card while it is in the phone, not from the computer.

Copy everthing to your PC, format the card in the Blackberry through the Blackberry menu, then load all your music/videos back on.
    05-04-12 11:59 AM
    I already tried doing it. Same thing.

Anyway I know it's corrupted. It takes time for my phone to read it's contents even if I already formatted it. I went to a Japanese computer store yesterday. I bought a 16 GB microSD. Confused with the brands. There's Sony which is the most expensive. Toshiba and Philips. I chose Philips because of curiosity. What do you think, is it a good brand? For Toshiba, I have 2 hard drives that was recently corrupted and yes they're made by Toshiba.
    05-04-12 05:50 PM
    You should be fine with Philips. I use Transcend cards and Sandisk with great success.
    05-04-12 09:22 PM
    You should be fine with Philips. I use Transcend cards and Sandisk with great success.
    I now have 4 corrupted SanDisk cards.
    05-04-12 11:24 PM
    Maybe you should have a good antivirus installed on your PC (since all your SDcards are always getting corrupted). Computer viruses are one of the primary reasons that corrupt data. I have only one experience of corrupted SDcard (2gb) and that's because of inserting it to an infected PC.

I'm now using an 8gb Sandisk.
    05-05-12 08:46 AM
    Sandisk, Trancend, Kingston. These three are the best but are also most duplicated.
    05-05-12 09:13 AM
    I have a good antivirus plus EST NOD32 plus I'm web/software/windows developer so it's rally not a virus issue.
    05-05-12 12:10 PM
    So you have two antivirus softwares? ESET NOD32 should be fine but I coupled it with Deep Freeze for better protection.

Then my advice is do some maintenance on your SDcards. I do it by refragmenting my SDcards every week and maintaining free space, let's say, 20% of their capacities. A fully loaded SDcard is more prone to data corruption.
    05-06-12 09:30 AM
    Sandisk, Transcend or Kingston... Never had the issue thus far though...
    05-23-12 07:51 PM
    Hey. I'm also from the Philippines. Be careful when you're buying SanDisk microSD case it seems that there are a lot of fakes circulating in the Philippines especially in local online stores.

I'd recommend that you try Kington microSD from CDR-King. I use them for my Nintendo DSi, PSP and mobile phones with their corresponding adapters. And they're cheap. 16GB now costs like P600 compared to last year when it sells for P1250. I hope this helps. =)
    06-01-12 11:50 AM
    The SD card itself isn't corrupted, its the formatting. I have tried various SD cards and they all wound up becomming corrupted. Right now I am using an A-Data class 4 32gb microsd, no problems at all since I formatted the card in the phone, not from windows.
    06-08-12 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD