1. Master_of_Karate_and_Friendship's Avatar
    I hope this isn't a repost. I went over to BGR.com to check out their latest RIM bashing especially after the keynote speech. To save you all, here is the article:

"I sat at my computer in amazement a little earlier. Most of me knew that RIM is too damaged and too slow to pivot, and just too out of touch with its customers to know it actually has a chance. But, there was this small part of me that was genuinely excited for BlackBerry World�s announcements. Then I saw Thorston Heins start off the company�s most crucial keynote ever with Salesforce and Cisco.

This company has not changed, and won�t change. The parts of BlackBerry 10 demoed are slick � capturing a series of images and combining different elements from each one before you save a photo seems genuinely incredible, though how is that done, with an EDoF camera, so no autofocus? What we saw wasn�t truly innovative, though. It wasn�t compelling enough, and it�s unfortunately too late to try and gain enough traction and support for a third mobile ecosystem.

RIM is a company that has failed to deliver for the last eight years, and it doesn�t deserve another chance to mess it up. My live-tweets are embedded below so you can follow along to my instant (rambling) thoughts.

Also of note: RIM declined to make its BlackBerry 10 Alpha device available for BGR. Coincidentally, two publications that had early access to the smartphone also have advertising campaigns from BlackBerry running."

Is it me or does the "Also of note" part remove all credibility of this article and just make it seem like a baby crying because he wasn't given a toy?

Just my two cents.
    05-01-12 10:02 AM
    I just read this. The only negative article I saw was from BGR...

Anyone who wants the link to the full article: BlackBerry 10 and RIM are DOA
    05-01-12 10:07 AM
    Baby geller roids. Wha wha whaaaaaa
    webmn likes this.
    05-01-12 10:11 AM
    Is he wrong? My comment in another thread was pretty much the same thinking. Great Phone, Great OS, not so great lineup of Devs and RIM has to fix that to be relevant.
    05-01-12 10:13 AM
    Gellar is a complete embarrassment to the tech blog community. I am glad RIM didn't send him a device. Why would they bother sending something to someone who only writes about how bad RIM is. Maybe he should smarten up. What an .
    05-01-12 10:15 AM
    Is he wrong? My comment in another thread was pretty much the same thinking. Great Phone, Great OS, not so great lineup of Devs and RIM has to fix that to be relevant.
    I'm going to amplify this with my concern which is that good enough possibly ISN'T good enough.

Matching the "other guys" may not be sufficient for a RIM resurrection. I don't KNOW that, I'm just wondering it.

Despite hearing and seeing some of the right things, RIM's recent history of inability to execute has me worried.

And if they DO execute well, but deliver a device and experience that's "just as good" as an iPhone or top tier Android (or even WP7), will that actually attract customers?* Or will they say, all things being equal, I'll stay where I am?

The coming months will be interesting and revealing, that's for sure...

-CFOT

(* consumers as a whole don't care one iota about security some RIM's advantage -- if it still exists in BB 10 which we don't know for sure yet -- is utterly irrelevant)
    05-01-12 10:23 AM
    snip...to my instant (rambling) thoughts...
    This sums up the article.

To the OP, it's not clear why Crackberry fans still run to BGR after all that has been blogged over the last several months there to get news on RIM. It's obvious there is no hope there of favorable reviews. It's like you are looking for pain.

Edit: I guess it makes perfect sense. Most of these "negative news" alerts are posted by members with 50 and under posts. Par for the course.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 05-01-12 at 10:35 AM.
    hpjrt, howarmat, bluetroll and 2 others like this.
    05-01-12 10:28 AM
    First time I left him a message. From my FB login, no less. Called him a few choice words. The SOB ignores facts which are blatantly pointed out by RIM. Talking about Camera specs on an Dev Alpha Device.

EDIT: Wow read some of the other comments on this story. My post was gentle in comparison. This time Geller is really getting reamed by everyone there. He is losing his own flock.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 05-01-12 at 10:38 AM.
    05-01-12 10:35 AM
    I think its the tone of the article which is questionable, rather than the content.
    05-01-12 10:40 AM
    and whats BGR?...Other than an abbrevation for bugger?
    joski likes this.
    05-01-12 10:43 AM
    They need to get these phones out the door so they dumb journalists can stfu.
    05-01-12 10:44 AM
    i have said this on many threads, but you have to remember journalists are lazy and only write what they think people want to hear...british people have bad teeth, americans are fat, french are cowardly etc etc..doesnt matter that most of the time its complete rubbish , they are churning out regurgitated tat.

That RIM is rubbish is just the latest fad for them.
    undone, dynot, recompile and 1 others like this.
    05-01-12 10:49 AM
    Ok, I'm convinced Gellar has problems.

I am glad he wrote that post... shows his true colours. Complaining when he doesn't get a device... what is he, 5 years old?
    05-01-12 10:51 AM
    This thread shows just how good BGR and Geller is. You all still visit knowing what he is going to say and then complain about it.
    avt123, undone, brucep1 and 4 others like this.
    05-01-12 10:54 AM
    This thread shows just how good BGR and Geller is. You all still visit knowing what he is going to say and then complain about it.
    not unlike crackberry really
    604778 likes this.
    05-01-12 10:55 AM
    I read BGR for every article. But the ones I value don't contain RIM.
    05-01-12 10:56 AM
    I still read BGR despite his fixation with bashing RIM. The other authors actually report on things. JG on the other hand...
    05-01-12 11:02 AM
    lol I think its funny that RIM has taken a notice to the bashing and opted out of sending him a dev device. All this time I thought Rim wasnt paying attention.
    05-01-12 11:14 AM
    Just curious, what did he say in that article that was inaccurate? You may not like what he said, but I don't see where he was off the mark.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-01-12 11:23 AM
    Gizmodo has their negative article up as well.
    Everyone has their opinion and it's worth two cents. It depends on whether you give two cents for them.
    05-01-12 11:27 AM
    Just curious, what did he say in that article that was inaccurate? You may not like what he said, but I don't see where he was off the mark.

It's not inaccurate per se, but it's far from containing any quantitative or qualitative substance. It's simply a rant written after BGR wasn't granted any opportunity to play with the alpha device. In a nutshell... it's just Gellar throwing a temper tantrum.
    05-01-12 11:31 AM
    Gellar is a complete embarrassment to the tech blog community. I am glad RIM didn't send him a device. Why would they bother sending something to someone who only writes about how bad RIM is. Maybe he should smarten up. What an .
    We all know that if RIM had sent Gellar a device, he would have written a complete review of it as an actual retail device and bashed it endlessly for missing everything except a browser.

Smart move, RIM!
    BlackBerry Guy and Jake2826 like this.
    05-01-12 11:32 AM
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, BGR was a crackberry fan. I feel lately that the negativity, is merely disappointment. Plain and simple. Kind of like being a kid, and getting the fake transformer from the flea market, instead of the real one from KMart.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-01-12 11:47 AM

The title of the blog post.
    sam_b77 and maddie1128 like this.
    05-01-12 11:49 AM
    Well, given there is no genius, and no real reporting at BGR, you are left with the B(oy).

BGR has a long standing love affair with apple and has 20/20 iVision

The best recent report was the review of the Samsung Galaxy Note where they absolutely tanked it for its screen size and pretty much stated there was no need of such a device.

Subsequently, after Samsung announced that in 3 months the Note had sold 5 million units, rather than acknowledge that BGR is clearly out of touch with what customers want, they insinuated that was 5m people who simply made bad decisions..

I simply recommend to any op to place the content of any BGR article into his post so that BGR does NOT benefit from the clicks... after all, you are simply contributing to their revenue by visiting their site.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    05-01-12 12:25 PM
96 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD