As with (mostly) everyone on Crackberry my eyes and ears will be on the conference over the next few days. I am on the cautiosly optimistic side of things that Mr. Thorstein Heins will present some great features with their upcoming BB10 device(s). As I am very curious as to see what RIM has up its sleeves to remain competitive with their marketshare counterparts - Apple, Android, and the up and coming Windows Phone.

With that being said, what if RIM doesn't deliver the goods? What if Kevin and the gang come back from the conference with very little to be excited about or that cause for concern look/feel? I know there is not suppose to be any hardware details but what if it becomes apparent that there will be no physical keyboard?

This is all speculation of course until after the conference.
    04-30-12 02:45 PM
    Have faith my BlackBerry friend. I'm sensing a good vibe at BlackBerry World. Can feel it. I have pretty good intuition on these things. I think by this time tomorrow these forums will be buzzing with excitement. Look - we know the phones will be later this year. That's not changing this week. But I think RIM knows they need to give us something to keep us salivating...
    04-30-12 02:54 PM
    i swear kevin has special filters when posts like these pop up lol. He always seem to post the 1st or 2nd reply

I dont see there being any way that there will not be many good things to talk about this week. We know the alpha devices are already leaking out and tons more will be out shortly. How can you not be excited to see this and other goodies.
    04-30-12 03:00 PM
    I think the only bad news that can come out of BB World (for me) is RIM announcing they are being bought by Apple.
    04-30-12 03:11 PM
    LoL @ these titles and threads.
    Why can't we see a thread that says...

"What if Blackberry definitely delivers at the conference?"
    04-30-12 03:20 PM
    I think this will be the most exciting BBW yet. We are less then a day away! Cant wait to watch the live stream and the live blog on here.
    04-30-12 03:29 PM
    While RIM can't show the phones @ BBW because it is too far prior to release, I'm pretty sure that they know that they are under a microscope right now from the loyalist, the "tech" blogger community, and the investors. They should know that they have to throw out some red meat to these groups. Plus I have a feeling we'll have Cascades out on the Playbook before BB10 phone is out because Cascades is desparately needed to build up the app ecosystem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    04-30-12 03:42 PM
    I'm expecting good things from BlackBerry World. Just want to hear more about it and that they're working on ew products. I'll be excited for that!

Otherwise, I'm getting even more excited to get a 9930!

I'm happy with BlackBerry as-is so any new stuff will just be a bonus.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-01-12 at 07:21 AM.
    04-30-12 03:45 PM
    I'm trying not to create a negative picture with RIM, but you have to take all the criticism in the media for what it's worth. RIM needs a bounce back in a big big way. All I am looking for is some constructive arguments if RIM were to unimpress the masses.

As what I have seen from the App World over the last week or so, it has gained some notoriously popular apps. Case in point Angry Birds Space. We just need to see more of them. The big one missing right now is Draw Something. Sure Blackberry playbook owners have sketch with friends but it is not nearly as addictive as Draw Something.

I am definitely excited regarding the BBW, and as Kevin said "keep us salivating until BB10's official launch."
    04-30-12 03:45 PM
    I have a friend who's going to keep us updated and send us the alpha phone. The big thing we need to see is a release date for cascades on Playbook OS2 before BB10.

Remember, we've been waiting since summer last year. If we're told no third party Cascades apps until end of 2012, that's almost a year and a half total. Ouch.

But hopefully that won't be the case. And hopefully we finally get a developer preview tomorrow!
    04-30-12 03:50 PM
    Wake up! It's going to be OK

I kinda hope that it is RIM behind the whole Wake Up thing and that it's a teaser to BBWC
    04-30-12 03:52 PM
    I have a friend who's going to keep us updated and send us the alpha phone. The big thing we need to see is a release date for cascades on Playbook OS2 before BB10.

Remember, we've been waiting since summer last year. If we're told no third party Cascades apps until end of 2012, that's almost a year and a half total. Ouch.

But hopefully that won't be the case. And hopefully we finally get a developer preview tomorrow!
    Alec Saunders tweets that he has confirmed "amazing news" for devs tomorrow... Who knows?
    04-30-12 05:18 PM
    What exactly are they expected to deliver? They have already said Blackberry 10 device won't be available until the end of the year. Are people expecting a lineup of devices and launch dates?
    04-30-12 05:18 PM
    Well, I know i'm not the only one INCREDIBLY NERVOUS about this week! I am kicking myself for not taking tomorrow off to listen to the keynote, etc. I will be stuck in these forums pouring over the good stuff all week long!

Bring it, Blackberry. Your faithful have been waiting.
    04-30-12 05:34 PM
    holy crap at all the game announcements coming today.. and thats even before the conference has started. I think its going to be a good conference for sure!
    04-30-12 05:36 PM
    Alec Saunders tweets that he has confirmed "amazing news" for devs tomorrow... Who knows?

They just need to keep the hyperbole under control. Leapfrogging. Something wonderful. Amazing.... Let's hope it truly is. I for one want to see RIM demo new virtual keyboard tech that's a) different and better than anything else out there b) going to be patented by rim.

This would show the world how you move to an all touch device and keep that blackberry feel. And it would alleviate the worry the qwerty diehards have about the first BB10 devices.

If this was part of the cascades showing that would be great.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-30-12 05:42 PM
    Of course there will be some intriguing announcements and some genuine buzz at this conference. To the extent that it produces some positive momentum, it will be tempered somewhat by RIM's lumbering foot-speed to market. And also, I fully expect some well-aimed and timed counter-programing from RIM's rivals. We've seen these columns and articles before. There will be an analysis or article with the headline that there aren't any new devices this week, as if this isn't known or expected. And there will be damning with faint praise and the smothering with pessimistic qualifiers in other reporting, where the author begrudgingly acknowledges some positive developments, but uses that as a jumping-off-point to rehash the past and RIM's troubles of last year, and just another excuse to talk about RIM's rivals. There is a whole circuit that gets tripped whenever one of these negative RIM notes appears, which will quickly be repeated, replicated and amplified without regard to actual news content (that is not the intended function). It's as if there is a Rapid Response Team primed and ready, not to put out the fire of a negative story, but to blot out any positive coverage about RIM. This is part of the degree-of-difficulty RIM faces, partly of its own making. But there are enough loyalists remaining, and enough people, IMHO, tiring on this trading on drumbeating (however currently successful) that there is a good chance that this week will be part of RIM's comeback.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    04-30-12 05:50 PM
    As with (mostly) everyone on Crackberry my eyes and ears will be on the conference over the next few days. I am on the cautiosly optimistic side of things that Mr. Thorstein Heins will present some great features with their upcoming BB10 device(s). As I am very curious as to see what RIM has up its sleeves to remain competitive with their marketshare counterparts - Apple, Android, and the up and coming Windows Phone.

With that being said, what if RIM doesn't deliver the goods? What if Kevin and the gang come back from the conference with very little to be excited about or that cause for concern look/feel? I know there is not suppose to be any hardware details but what if it becomes apparent that there will be no physical keyboard?

This is all speculation of course until after the conference.
    If this is how you're measuring success then you're in for a disapointment. First, it has already been established that it is very unlikely any new BB10 hardware will be announced, and second what has been speculated is that the first devices will be all touch.
    04-30-12 06:21 PM
    I think this will be the most exciting BBW yet. We are less then a day away! Cant wait to watch the live stream and the live blog on here.
    I can't QUITE muster that much enthusiasm.

For RIM, though, this BBW is absolutely crucial. They have no new hardware to display, and they have to try to maintain sales for the current devices for several months, so it's extremely important for them to try to get some momentum going.

The game announcements today are good. A couple of BIG app announcements tomorrow would be even better (and I'm wondering if these game announcements were made today because there's something big coming tomorrow, and there was a worry they'd be overshadowed). Some demos of native UI elements in Cascades--along with at least a release date for developers--would be huge.

Looking forward to tomorrow
    04-30-12 06:46 PM
    If this is how you're measuring success then you're in for a disapointment. First, it has already been established that it is very unlikely any new BB10 hardware will be announced, and second what has been speculated is that the first devices will be all touch.
    It doesn't really matter to me whether it has a full touch screen or not. I'm more curious about the keyboard purists.

I'm also more interested into how or if the playbook and BB10 will be integrated with each other without the use of a bridge. Older models yes but going forward will it be similar to the iOS ecosystem. And of course the Apps. Will the apps I have been patiently waiting for come to Blackberry?
    04-30-12 06:56 PM
    I'm trying not to create a negative picture with RIM, but you have to take all the criticism in the media for what it's worth. RIM needs a bounce back in a big big way. All I am looking for is some constructive arguments if RIM were to unimpress the masses.

As what I have seen from the App World over the last week or so, it has gained some notoriously popular apps. Case in point Angry Birds Space. We just need to see more of them. The big one missing right now is Draw Something. Sure Blackberry playbook owners have sketch with friends but it is not nearly as addictive as Draw Something.

I am definitely excited regarding the BBW, and as Kevin said "keep us salivating until BB10's official launch."
    I just searched app world on my 9930 and do not see Angry Birds.??
    04-30-12 07:36 PM
    I just searched app world on my 9930 and do not see Angry Birds.??

It's for Playbook only. None of this stuff applies to current BB PHONE owners. All of these games are for PB owners and people who buy a new BB10 phone in the future.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-30-12 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD