Upcoming, what are my options going to be from Blackberry? Samsung already has the Note, HTC announced its 5" "Note clone"... what options will I have coming up in the Blackberry stable for a 5"+ 16:9 screen size, 32 GB SD, full 1080P micro-HDMI, 4G, 16+MP camera, media oriented product? Using a used HTC (which is a huge upgrade from my Storm2) until my contract is up in October... not interested in the physical keyboard, not media friendly enough for me... always feels like I am trying to read the newspaper through a cheese grater. I want a huge screen to work on, business & pleasure...
    What BB product?
    04-30-12 09:07 AM
    Probably nothing. BB10 is rumoured to be launched in October. But then again, it most likely won't be any larger than 5", plus the playbook uses an aspect ratio closer to 15:9, so BB10 probably will be the same.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    04-30-12 09:28 AM
    Why not pick up a PlayBook for dirt cheap? I love mine, and use it all the time.
    04-30-12 09:37 AM
    Rumor I just recently saw says the first BB10 will probably be a 4.2" screen with an 8 MP camera (front and rear, I believe). I'm sure it will be 32 GB SD-capable, not sure about micro HDMI.

Just get the *#@! note.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    04-30-12 10:49 AM
    Upcoming, what are my options going to be from Blackberry? Samsung already has the Note, HTC announced its 5" "Note clone"... what options will I have coming up in the Blackberry stable for a 5"+ 16:9 screen size, 32 GB SD, full 1080P micro-HDMI, 4G, 16+MP camera, media oriented product? Using a used HTC (which is a huge upgrade from my Storm2) until my contract is up in October... not interested in the physical keyboard, not media friendly enough for me... always feels like I am trying to read the newspaper through a cheese grater. I want a huge screen to work on, business & pleasure...
    What BB product?
    Nothing. I can't see RIM coming out with anything close to the size of the note or HTC's note competitor.
    04-30-12 10:51 AM
    What BB product?
    Looking at your post history, BB will never make something you want. BB is not for you. Move on and be happy. You only live once.
    04-30-12 11:07 AM
    Looking at your post history, BB will never make something you want. BB is not for you. Move on and be happy. You only live once.
    Yeah, I guess I swallowed that troll bait hook, line and sinker.
    04-30-12 12:49 PM
    Why would anyone want a phone that big???
    04-30-12 12:51 PM
    Yeah, I guess I swallowed that troll bait hook, line and sinker.
    A 4.2" screen would be worth a look if the whole package was put together well... I have been consistent in my postings, what I wanted and what I've been asking about, but I haven't kept up on all the BB news on products coming in BB10... I found the Storm2 untenable. I want something that works well & I do want to weigh all the options available, Blackberry included, for my next contract phone. Thanks for the input.
    04-30-12 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD