Hi. I searched Google and the forum, no dice. Finally, thanks to the great helpful people here I figured out how to get my Droid X2 to wifi hotspot for my Playbook For FREE! Its amazing.

Now one last obstacle, thats getting my HTC Incredible to do the same. Seems HTC locked the wifi hotspot capability. OK, so I'll do it via Bluetooth. No joy. I tried a bunch of programs and none of them worked. I would appreciate any help from someone who got it to work.

*The Incredible isn't rooted anymore. And I am on 2.3.4 which means rooting is impossible without rolling it back.. which I have zero confidence in doing. I am on Verizon, and trying to see if its possible to do for free.

Thanks so much everyone.

Former 9650 owner, went to Android. I was considering going to a new Bold, but the lack of Nav is whats keeping me from jumping.
    Last edited by pointman; 04-29-12 at 02:59 AM. Reason: wanting to add I am considering a Bold again.
    04-29-12 02:57 AM
    I have an HTC Incredible S, but I am in the UK. No issues here with wifi hotspot with my BlackBerry PlayBook.
    04-29-12 03:53 AM
    What are you using? The stock app? Whenever I try, it says HTC locked the wifi hotspot capability which seems to norm according to googling.
    04-29-12 02:09 PM
    Monday bump! HELP! This is the last piece of my Playbook puzzle!
    04-30-12 01:45 PM
    Verizon probably made them lock it. Certain carriers are known to do that.
    04-30-12 01:54 PM
    The message I get when I try it with a few programs is "HTC" locked wifi hotspot ability. It works fine on my Verizon Droid X2, so I think its an HTC thing. I wish there was a work around.
    04-30-12 06:00 PM
    I have a rooted HTC Thunderbolt and use Open Garden for my hotspot. Works great for the PlayBook!
    04-30-12 06:05 PM
    Thanks Spaceheater.. big fan btw. But yeah, I am on 2.3.4 and that can't be rooted. And I have zero confidence in rolling back.
    04-30-12 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD