Hey guys, I'm trying to upgrade my 9900 from 7.0.0.590 to 7.1. I have downloaded 7.1.0.402 3 times, but can't find it any where on the computer. I have gone to add/remove programs and the only BB file in there is the desktop software.

However when I go to common files etc. and there is a file that has all the RIM files, with no vendor file. Its the vendor file that I am trying to find so that I can delete it.

When I connect my BB to the computer, it doesn't show up any upgrade. I know the file has been downloaded 3 times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys
    04-27-12 03:18 AM
    Did you INSTALL the device OS to the computer by running the EXE file after it was downloaded?
    04-27-12 05:20 AM
    Like SwitchBeach said: install the EXE file and restart your laptop/computer delete vendor.xml's if needed,
    and if you are doing it correctly the OS will show up and you can update it.
    04-27-12 05:56 AM
    Have you checked your 'Downloads' folder?
    04-27-12 08:35 AM
    You guys are probably right. I've been leaving the download to finish at the parentals. I have definitely told them to leave the download to complete, but maybe haven't given them the full instructions.

I should've realised.

Lets try again tomorrow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 08:43 AM
    As other people said.. downloading the file is only the first step of upgrading an OS.
    Now, if you feel uneasy or even don�t know that you need to INSTALL the downloaded file in your pc in order to upgrade the OS, I might recommend NOT to get into the upgrade process....
    04-27-12 08:46 AM
    Pay attention when you click save what folder it is saving it in. Go to that folder and double click the file to start the installation.
    04-27-12 08:47 AM
    Hey guys, thanks for the help.

It was really just a slip up on my part, not telling the folks how to close off, after the download finished.

i've down 3 upgrades and never had an issue. Upgraded me 9700 to the very first os6 leak, and also did my wife's later. Then have also done on upgrade on my 9900. I just use (I think his name is ELITE's set of instructions).

Thanks again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD