I took my phone off of the charger at 6 AM this morning. My battery drain (according to device analyzer) is 4.87% per hour for today. I only have 20% battery left for the day after 10 hours of usage. I don't understand why I don't have ~50% battery life left (4.87*10). What am I missing???
    04-26-12 03:59 PM
    What am I missing???
    You are probably missing a few times during the day when the drain was higher. Battery drain is also not linear, at lower load they last longer, higher loads they have less capacity. I don't think you can take the average and just do the math.

You can look at more detailed areas of the graph by highlighting them and pressing the trackpad. Look for a steeper drop, highlight the area and you will find you may have had a program open burning some battery. For example, a few days ago I used the wifi hotspot and forgot to turn it off, so even when I was at home my PlayBook was using the 9900 for internet. When I looked at that part of the graph, the drain was an average of 20% per hour.
    04-26-12 04:22 PM
    The average should included the hours with higher and lower drain, hence the average % ... Upon further thought, the math works if I include the time from 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM. I'm not sure why it would be included in the drain though because it was plugged into the charger and not actually draining. The real time battery drain is in actuality much higher than what the device analyzer says if your phone is plugged in for a portion of the time. In my case, closer to 8% an hour from 6 AM - 4PM. Anyone else have any insite??
    04-26-12 04:27 PM
    The discharge rate statistics are wildly inaccurate and misleading, causing you and others to be concerned over nothing. Wait, did you mean insight or incite?
    deezy87 likes this.
    04-26-12 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD