MY portion of the Emulator Refresh Project is complete! Hope you guys enjoy!

Froggyface has been kind enough to give me developer access to his Github projects.

My goals are very simple.

1. Add the visual ROM selector you see in snes9x-pb and pcsx-reARMed-pb
    2. Ensure all emulators have the ability to do at least one savestate per game.
    3. Ensure all Emulators can save/load games.

If anyone would like features, now would be the time to request them. Please do so in the following manner:

Emulator: YOUREMUHERE
    Feature: Short feature title (savestates)
    Description: what you would like done, in detail, how it should work.

While all requests are appreciated, I am only one person, and they may take some time.

I should also note, this is not due to neglect on froggy's behalf, he is very busy, and I wanted to help him out.

Emulators to be covered:
    1. FCEUXpb - done!
    2. VBAMpb - done!
    3. DGEN - done!
    4. snes9x-pb - done!
    5. GBColor-pb - done!

Completed Updates: FCEUXpb, VBAMpb, snes9x-pb, GBColor-pb, DGEN

Progress: Complete! I have the big ones done. Froggy will be responsible for atari/hugo.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 05-10-12 at 10:23 PM.
    Zero-K, kinmui, raymond and 17 others like this.
    04-26-12 07:59 AM
    Mini FAQ:

Why are you doing this?
    To ensure all emulators have the same functions available, and are standardized.

How long will this take?
    I work in my spare time. I have had less of that lately. I will do my best to complete them in a timely manner.

Why did my feature not get implemented?
    I am keeping all features recorded. The main goal is to get them all to the same level of functionality. If an advanced feature was requested, it may have to wait.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 04-26-12 at 08:07 AM.
    patmur2010 likes this.
    04-26-12 08:00 AM
    This was the goal with emumaster. It has a consistent front-end that allows you to run a number of emulators. It has save states, button mapping, customisable controls etc.

Only problem is stupid RIM limitation that you can only run one graphical app per sandbox. Any ideas around this issue?
    If I could get that fixed, it would greatly speed up your refresh project.
    Would be interested in:
    1) a way to hand over libscreen to second app or;
    2) integrating all the emulators in to the launcher.
    Last edited by xsacha; 04-26-12 at 08:35 AM.
    04-26-12 08:33 AM
    Excellent.
    04-26-12 08:35 AM
    This was the goal with emumaster. It has a consistent front-end that allows you to run a number of emulators. It has save states, button mapping, customisable controls etc.

Only problem is stupid RIM limitation that you can only run one graphical app per sandbox. Any ideas around this issue?
    If I could get that fixed, it would greatly speed up your refresh project.
    Would be interested in:
    1) a way to hand over libscreen to second app or;
    2) integrating all the emulators in to the launcher.
    So this is just a front end that will run our existing emulators?

If not, I am planning on supporting both. These emulators were my foot-in-the-door with this community, and I do not want to leave them behind.

I will look into that.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-26-12 10:43 AM
    Will rim ever allow these emulators in app world? It will garner more exposure.
    04-26-12 11:11 AM
    Emulator: VBAMpb
    Feature: Smaller Screen
    Description: As it is now the controllers are blocking the screen. Would be nicer if the screen is smaller so the screen isnt blocked.

Thanks a lot. Hard work is appreciated.
    jtokarchuk and KermEd like this.
    04-26-12 11:40 AM
    Emulator: ALL
    Feature: bluetooth controller
    Description: i know this is not possible as of right now. maybe with some new tools announced at BBworld we might get lucky. Just hoping its on the top of the list when it is possible PS you guys are great and thanks for all the hard work !!
    LuayS, mkone, patmur2010 and 1 others like this.
    04-26-12 11:56 AM
    PlZ!
    VBAMpb
    Feature: multiple saves like ps1 emulator, and swipe to change game
    Description : Be able to save the game by on screen button then at the same time be able to save in the game. Basically the same important functionality of the ps1 emulator
    patmur2010 likes this.
    04-26-12 01:30 PM
    PlZ!
    VBAMpb
    Feature: multiple saves like ps1 emulator, and swipe to change game
    Description : Be able to save the game by on screen button then at the same time be able to save in the game. Basically the same important functionality of the ps1 emulator
    That's basically what the entire first post said
    04-26-12 01:38 PM
    Emulator: most of them
    Feature: Portrait support
    Is this possible at all?
    patmur2010 likes this.
    04-26-12 01:42 PM
    Emulator: most of them
    Feature: Portrait support
    Is this possible at all?
    It is possible. Will be on the backburner for now as it will be a large change. As long as the resolution is no greater than 600px wide it should not be an issue, just will have to make it learn "states" , different configurations when portrait and landscape.
    xoenik and Fenrir26 like this.
    04-26-12 01:50 PM
    Will rim ever allow these emulators in app world? It will garner more exposure.
    That's a good question and so far all we know is that bb10 will have bluetooth api to connect with the likes of xbox wii etc and maybe even tv and household appliances.

RIM has big plans we just not sure what they will deliver on in the end.
    04-26-12 03:08 PM
    Emulator vbam
    Feature not make screen smaller controls maybe more transparent + screw save states allow in game saving like pcsx

Emulator pcsx
    Feature make more like snes 9x where a button is reserved for opening game switch menu and swiping down allows button movement

Emulator all
    Feature it seems controls are blocking vision in some games and others it doesn't make a big difference so possibly add a widescreen button (I honestly don't like how snes and pcsx only in middle of screen
    Thnx for creating this thread
    PS if rim has some extra Bluetooth compatibility in the update after Bob jam mounting Bluetooth keyboard/controller as player 2 after www find out what rim is adding on there end tnx
    04-26-12 03:54 PM
    Awesome initiative! The emulator ports are some nice pieces of quality homebrew. I'm always happy to read about active development on PB... and this is a great example of OSS and cooperation between devs.

This maintenance initiative will bring some much welcome updates to less older console emus and the standardization will make the update process easier... and maybe allow EmuMaster to become evolve into a single unified common front-end.
    Last edited by joaosousa; 04-26-12 at 04:57 PM.
    04-26-12 04:52 PM
    So this is just a front end that will run our existing emulators?
    Yes, emumaster is a front-end that runs other emulators (the ones already ported by you and others).

For example, the PSX emulator is identical to the one ported already (PSX ReARMed from Maemo). You would replace this with the ported version.
    Same with the NES/SNES for eg.

Emumaster isn't an emulator but a front-end to the other community emulators.

The idea is that emumaster does what you're trying to do.
    04-26-12 07:43 PM
    Yes, emumaster is a front-end that runs other emulators (the ones already ported by you and others).

For example, the PSX emulator is identical to the one ported already (PSX ReARMed from Maemo). You would replace this with the ported version.
    Same with the NES/SNES for eg.

Emumaster isn't an emulator but a front-end to the other community emulators.

The idea is that emumaster does what you're trying to do.
    just sideloaded emumaster boots up stays black should i reboot it take forever on 2.01
    04-26-12 07:50 PM
    nvm boots up i get it its a smart idea any themes i can download realtivley ugly not to be mean
    04-26-12 07:52 PM
    nvm boots up i get it its a smart idea any themes i can download realtivley ugly not to be mean
    You're not being mean to me :P That's Nokia's default Meego theme.
    Discussed rest on related thread.
    04-26-12 08:17 PM
    I am continuing on with this project until we make decisions on emumaster.

Progress on FCEUXpb:

(ROM Selector on FCEUXpb)

(Error Dialog if no ROMS in directory)

FCEUXpb will also create misc/roms/nes for you now, if it does not exist.

Sending the bar to froggy for upload to github.
    04-26-12 10:55 PM
    Hello there i dont see pcsx-reARMed-pb emulator in to be covered , is it gonna be there also did you by the chance get the VBANpb emulator fixed with all the bugs and such. P.s Is IT POSSIBLE TO REQUEST ! WIDESCREEN FOR ALL EMULATORS AND CUSTOMIZATION CONTROL FEATURE TO PUT BUTTONS IN THE SPOT YOU DESIRE! sorry but had to caps so he can get the picture
    04-26-12 11:00 PM
    pcsx has more functionality than these. Catalyst is very capable. If he wants help, he will ask it of me. I will continue to help him when the other emulators are up to par

Request noted.
    04-26-12 11:03 PM
    Thank you, one quick question is this basically like the emumastor thing like whats the difference between the two?
    04-26-12 11:09 PM
    Thank you, one quick question is this basically like the emumastor thing like whats the difference between the two?
    This is just new features for existing emulators. Emumaster will tie into these separately, which I will help with.
    04-26-12 11:19 PM
    FCEUXpb topic has been updated with new BAR.
    patmur2010 likes this.
    04-27-12 08:51 AM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD