Just wanted to see if I am the only one having this issue. Where I work I have multiple wifi connections that I use. Two wifi networks are for work, two public. I have been having an issue when I change to a few of the wifi networks my email cannot connect and says that I am not connected to a wireless network. This happens on one of the work and one public connections. If i connect to one of the other two wifi, my email client is connected. Am I missing a setting or is this just a bug?
    04-25-12 10:51 AM
    do you have more than one email address on your PB? I have three, one of which is my main email account with my home ISP (Rogers), the other two are live and gmail. When I'm not on my home network, my pb can't connect to my isp email account, but my live and gmail connect just fine. It has something to do with the mail server address and any device (pc, tablet, etc.) not being able connect to the mail server when its on a different isp's network. My issue is not pb related at all, even with my laptop I can't connect to the mail server when I'm not on a Rogers network. Not sure if your issue is the same, but hope it helps.
    04-25-12 12:53 PM
    i have my gmail, work (exchange), linkedin and twitter. I really don't care much about the linkedin or twitter since there's not much if any traffic to them. It's the gmail and work email accounts that i get a big volume. I can't see why one network isn't "good enough" for an account to connect to. Its not like activesync or gmail are domain dependent. When I am home and no where near my work domain all accounts work. When i am on lunch and connect with a public wifi AP (usually optonline) i cant connect. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, but I don't think a reboot should be necessary to check email when you switch APs.
    04-26-12 07:21 AM
    I have the same issue. I have gmail and a exchange email. Often when I change wifi networks I will not be able to connect until I reboot the PlayBook

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-28-12 11:31 AM
    This happens to me at school all the time. I'm constantly walking around campus going in and out of buildings connecting and disconnecting to essentially the same wifi. My email will tell me it is not connected but a refresh or turning the wifi off and then back on fixes it. Inconvenient so I hope they come up with a fix soon.
    04-28-12 12:15 PM
    There is an option to handle WiFi. Access Point hand-off.
    04-28-12 09:49 PM
    There is an option to handle WiFi. Access Point hand-off.
    Could you explain a little bit more? How, where,etc.?
    04-30-12 07:40 AM
    On your Playbook tap the Wifi icon , tap connect manually, and near the bottom make sure you check mark Allow Inter Access Point Handover. Tap Save.
    indyaachen likes this.
    05-10-12 06:57 PM
    I was having a similar problem, but it was all at home. My router was dying and my playbook kept losing it's wifi connection. Eventually my email accounts would disconnect (and on a couple of occasions my linkedin and facebook accounts actually vanished), and I would have to reboot. I assumed that the playbook would go to sync the accounts, not have a valid IP address from the router, and disconnect.

I've replaced the router and it hasn't repeated that behavior since.
    05-13-12 01:09 AM
    On your Playbook tap the Wifi icon , tap connect manually, and near the bottom make sure you check mark Allow Inter Access Point Handover. Tap Save.
    Most of the posts on the forum is only problems and no solutions. So, it is nice to see someone has a possible solution to a very annoying problem.
    Did anyone try it yet? I will have to see when I am in WiFi zone. However, do I understand it correctly that this setup would be required one-time with each desired WiFi network?

Hope RIM takes a look at it soon.
    05-23-12 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD