hey everyone, i know this isnt very useful and im sure there are a ton of similar threads like this already written so i apologize for the spam but i just needed to write my little i miss my blackberry story somewhere... its true when they say that its an addiction.

i started out with an 8320 then a year later i got the 8900 and how i loved both those phones! but to be honest i was growing tired of the lack of apps (or at least free apps) and games available on OS 5 at the time so i made the leap and i got an iphone 4.

i don't need to explain how difficult it was to get used to my first touch screen phone after 2 years of using the bb qwerty! it was ! (but upside no bb thumb pain!)

for the most part i am quite satisfied with the iphone 4, it has a great screen, great selection of apps etc etc.

but i swear to you, not a day goes by when i dont miss my good ol blackberry... gimme a qwerty over a touch anyday!
    now that OS7 is out and looking pretty snazzy im getting hard temptations to switch back... im trying to keep these temptations at bay at least until bb 10 comes out. hopefully then the app developing will explode due to the ease of the software of qnx. (i assume)
    problem is i cant even get an old blackberry for nothing because then i'd have to use my data on it and not on my iphone and that just defeats te whole purpose of iphone doesnt it?
    oh well, it felt good sharing this with you fellow crackberryheads... i hope you didnt find this quite spammy and useless.
    thanks for reading
    hondateg91 likes this.
    04-24-12 11:26 PM
    I'm with you...
    "gimme qwerty over a touch anyday!"

I have the Galaxy S2, which is a great phone, media, apps, camera, speed, it's all there...
    but I prefer the qwerty, I prefer the way blackberry does email, messaging, and switching between apps (without closing the secure webpage I'm on), I prefer the notification led. After years of using a blackberry I know the shortcuts, the tricks of the trade, I even know how to improve my OS...
    I see the S2 as an interim device... while waiting for BB10 bold with qwerty to come out of the woodwork....
    04-24-12 11:49 PM
    Appreciate you sharing your experiences.... Another good example of the grass is greener..... If you decide to leave the land of Apple.....I would wait to see what the bb10 phones pan out like unless you can get a OS7 phone without a long term contract.....

I have used other phomes as well and contiually come back to RIM..... guess it is different strokes for different folks.....
    04-24-12 11:49 PM
    I upgraded to a touch screen from a bold about 8 months ago and I still have dents in my thumbs from pressing buttons. No, not really but like you said, no more thumb pain. I do miss the keys at times but still lovin' my 9860!
    04-24-12 11:50 PM
    I rather like to have a bigger screen than a qwerty to watch videos and surfing the web!
    Two Thumbs like this! (:
    04-25-12 12:53 AM
    I'm with you...
    "gimme qwerty over a touch anyday!"

I have the Galaxy S2, which is a great phone, media, apps, camera, speed, it's all there...
    but I prefer the qwerty, I prefer the way blackberry does email, messaging, and switching between apps (without closing the secure webpage I'm on), I prefer the notification led. After years of using a blackberry I know the shortcuts, the tricks of the trade, I even know how to improve my OS...
    I see the S2 as an interim device... while waiting for BB10 bold with qwerty to come out of the woodwork....
    Ditto on all that you said. Email, texting - any kind of messaging on the SII - is far inferior to the Blackberry's system (battery life is also much worse on the Samsung). With the Blackberry, it's WAY easier to set up email, all forms of messaging are much quicker and more reliable, and you have that blinking LED to let you know you have messages - without having to keep picking up the phone. I'm convinced that other devices are so popular in part because users never had Blackberries.

Mind you, I don't miss the poor app selection and the almost daily freezes and crashes. The Galaxy is better at almost everything else except messaging of any kind. Even cutting, copying, and pasting were WAY easier on the Blackberry.

If RIMM is still in business in 2014, I may consider going back.
    08-28-12 08:00 PM
    Agree! Just switched from a Blackberry Bold (because after 3 years it broke) to an iPhone 4. I like the iPhone but still miss my Blackberry, for many reasons. My contract with Sprint expires in 2014 and will definitely consider switching back to a Blackberry.
    09-09-12 11:44 AM
    By now, I imagine a majority of smartphone users have dabbled with more than one platform. Thanks to wheeling and dealing on Craigslist, I have tried the others for various reasons as well. I've had a Droid Pro and a Droid X, an iPhone, and an HTC Trophy (Windows Phone 7.) I found their ups and downs but Android and iOS did not fit my tastes. That Droid Pro really made me miss RIM's version of the qwerty. Of them all, the only experience I genuinely liked was Windows Phone. MS bar none has the best virtual keyboard I have typed on up to now, but I as much typing as I do, it doesn't match BlackBerry. I'm not opposed to playing games and stuff, but security, just how fast I can type, and ease of use(s) are why I remain ever loyal to BlackBerry.

Maybe the grass on the other side looks greener for one reason or another, but ya get there and discover they used some cheap a** seed to grow it with.
    Humor fail.

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    bb624 likes this.
    09-09-12 12:05 PM
    It's threads like this that give me hope for BB 10. As long as RIM gets the core BB functions just right, and also has the polished speedy smartphone performance offered by competing platforms, I suspect that there are lots of users out there that are currently using another platform that have fond memories of BlackBerry and would consider coming back if RIM can offer them the type of experience that led them to another platform along with everything that makes a BlackBerry great.

The thing is, BlackBerry used to be king of the mountain, so many people not currently using them once were. Everyone loves a good comeback story.
    09-09-12 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD