At least We only waited one day for this, another RIM disappointment. I didn't buy an ipad, not a game-boy, not a song vi. I bought a PB, for communication with my peeps and keeping myself organized. So I got a little excited for nothing.

Hey, how about this RIM, why don't you improve the video camera?
    04-24-12 01:03 PM
    At least We only waited one day for this, another RIM disappointment. I didn't buy an ipad, not a game-boy, not a song vi. I bought a PB, for communication with my peeps and keeping myself organized. So I got a little excited for nothing.

LOL!! Don't look at the thread just below you. You are one of those North Americans with a "sense of entitlement."
    Knightcrawler and SK122387 like this.
    04-24-12 01:05 PM
    Add the OP to the rest of those that can't figure out why RIMs head of GAMING is tweeting about a GAME being released.
    kozmo68, jem9777, wellard and 1 others like this.
    04-24-12 01:07 PM
    Deal with it
    04-24-12 01:09 PM

The "business model" isn't working for RIM anymore so they are getting into an "entertainment model". It's what works. Tweet them with appreciation and thanks for managing to get a major title released on the system.
    04-24-12 01:10 PM

Don't take this the wrong way but the RIM and everyone else is entitled to have a bit fun on their Playbook. If everyone was super serious about business we would be very boring people.
    04-24-12 01:10 PM
    It was ONE TWEET. RIM never said it is "big news".

Are you saying RIM should not hint about or release A SINGLE GAME until they have Skype?
    04-24-12 01:12 PM

Dude, there was no official announcement from RIM. The head of gaming development at RIM posted a TWEET for heaven sake saying that something was coming. People here in these forums blew that out of proportion and letting their imaginations run rampant.

What the heck did you think the head of gaming development would be tweeting about? Video camera apps? Since when is that a game?

Again... it was a tweet! Besides, last week some people on this very forum were ******** about the fact that Angry Birds Space wasn't available for the Playbook and what a disaster that was.

So much doom and gloom in these forums. Gawd...
    04-24-12 01:14 PM
    It was ONE TWEET. RIM never said it is "big news".

Are you saying RIM should not hint about or release A SINGLE GAME until they have Skype?
    No the OP is saying they should not release any games. Just stuff like Skype.
    04-24-12 01:15 PM
    Well... Its not like there was already THREE versions of this game in App World...

We need NEW stuff, not NEW versions of old apps.

O well, hopefully people will like it and devs will see the light
    In before locked....
    04-24-12 01:16 PM
    In before locked....
    Good job cause I just reported and asked for it be locked
    04-24-12 01:20 PM
    In before locked....
    And to think I was worried you wouldn't get in!
    04-24-12 01:22 PM
    Sooo disappointed that we have another thread like this.
    SK122387, RoseBud68 and middbrew like this.
    04-24-12 01:27 PM
    BBW is just around the corner,so if your looking to be awed just wait for 1 week.
    04-24-12 02:00 PM
    BBW is just around the corner,so if your looking to be awed just wait for 1 week.
    I hate to disappoint you but BBW is going to get the exact same types of posts around here. Some are just never happy.
    04-24-12 02:04 PM
    So the PlayBook does not blend nor iron, deal wit it...works well for me
    04-24-12 02:24 PM
    Tools not Toys...indeed
    04-24-12 02:32 PM
    Ok...so you're disappointed. At least post your complaints in one of the other threads about the same thing. I'm gonna go play some Angry Birds Space because I can.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-24-12 02:38 PM
    So the head of their gaming division hinted at a "big" release, and as it turns out they actually released...a game.

Shocking.
    hpjrt likes this.
    04-24-12 02:42 PM
    I'm happy that a big player like rovio is supporting this platform, and prioritizing it above Windows phone, or at least finding it easier to develop for.

I also purchased this to continue to support this platform, and am more then grateful for any quality title released. Games are fun, and if we want them to continue we better be grateful....
    Marty_LK and Barljo like this.
    04-24-12 02:45 PM
    Unfortunately, this just goes to show that people will find anything to complain about. A few weeks ago when AB Space came out for iOS/Android every other thread was "why don't we get it! It's a conspiracy!" Now that it's out, everyone's complaining that they don't want it or it was too much hype.

Settle down people! The Playbook is a great device that can run circles around other tabs as far as hardware and OS functionality. There may not be some of the apps that should be here, such as Skype, etc., but there are plenty of other great tools for the platform with many more coming.
    Barljo and matthewgreyling like this.
    04-24-12 04:45 PM
    I'm happy that a big player like rovio is supporting this platform, and prioritizing it above Windows phone, or at least finding it easier to develop for.
    I can live with that... having got rid of my BB I have a windows phone that has Skype, has a decent image attachment browswer for me to email clients, comes standard with GPS navigation and local storage of maps and has a huge app store full of productive apps and tools.

I see your point about supporting ROVIO, all well n good... but I won't buy Angry Birds because that supports RIM at the moment and reinforces the concept that game releases are all we care about.

Not sure how Angry Birds in Space gets us closer to a 'Professional Grade Tablet'?
    04-24-12 05:37 PM

I feel your pain,and yet the fact that not everyone shares your view illustrates that People want different things from this device and we are not all going to agree on what priorities should be.
    04-24-12 05:37 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD