You know what guys, i'm really glad that i don't work for RIM. The reason being: its impossible to please people and i would really be pissed when we give good news and you just receive criticism.
    When some bloke from the gaming dept said that there is a surprise waiting, everyone expected BB10 to be released, maybe even BB13 and when they saw that it was a GAME, they started freaking out!!!!! Chill out people. enjoy the game, all good things come to those who wait. Yes we have waited for some updates, but whats the use by getting your panties in a bundle.
    Now thats my 2 cents for the day
    04-24-12 12:44 PM
    It's North America, man. The sense of entitlement that the consumer has in North America is absolutely pathetic and embarrassing.

EDIT: Some funny-ness from Louis CK about the technology/entitlement issue

*NSFW* (language)
    Last edited by joski; 04-24-12 at 12:51 PM.
    04-24-12 12:47 PM
    Agree - people need to chill out. Angry Bird Space is not Skype, but it is still good news. And this was a single tweet from head of gaming. ONE TWEET - it was NOT overhyped. I think it was totally appropriate.

Are we saying RIM should not hint about anything or release any games until they get Netflix and Skype? Ridiculous.
    SnoozerBold, Nelis and bbfan1040 like this.
    04-24-12 12:49 PM
    Everything now and just the way I want it(cross arms and stomp feet) wahhh. I don't know if it's exclusive to North America but your right, it is pathetic.
    gwinegarden and bbfan1040 like this.
    04-24-12 12:52 PM
    Agree, a lot of cry babies here in crackberry but i still love the community.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    04-24-12 12:52 PM
    Oh, poor, poor RIM.

You know, it might help if they didn't give an advance announcement of a simple game being made available as if it were the Second Coming.
    04-24-12 12:53 PM
    It's North America, man. The sense of entitlement that the consumer has in North America is absolutely pathetic and embarrassing.

*NSFW* (language)
    agree with you. We think that we are entitled to everything!! and when we dont get what we think we are getting we start complaining
    04-24-12 12:53 PM
    Oh, poor, poor RIM.

You know, it might help if they didn't give an advance announcement of a simple game being made available as if it were the Second Coming.
    It would help if you didn't think a simple tweet was the second coming.
    04-24-12 12:56 PM

*NSFW* (language)
    I love Louis CK. This is one of my favorite bits of his, I saw it on a late night show once before and I was like YUSSSSS exactly!!!!!
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-24-12 12:59 PM
    I agree, but I also think it's silly to be posting anything about a game as 'big news'. Or maybe I am just out of the loop... is another Angry Birds version being available really 'big news' nowadays?
    04-24-12 01:00 PM
    I love Louis CK. This is one of my favorite bits of his, I saw it on a late night show once before and I was like YUSSSSS exactly!!!!!
    As much as I adore the CrackBerry community, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this bit!
    04-24-12 01:02 PM
    I agree, but I also think it's silly to be posting anything about a game as 'big news'. Or maybe I am just out of the loop... is another Angry Birds version being available really 'big news' nowadays?
    It's a "to each his own" situation because an announcement of Angry Birds, Skype, or Netflix would not be "big news" for ME but may be for others. "Big news" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm just happy there is active development on PB no matter how big or small it is.
    BB10FTW and KOOLWATER like this.
    04-24-12 01:18 PM
    Don't be ridiculous. I'm quite sure Jesus will be announcing the whole "Second Coming of Christ" thing on both his Twitter and Facebook. Only important stuff like that comes from the social network...
    KOOLWATER likes this.
    04-24-12 01:25 PM
    Come on this is the INTERNET where outrage, overreactions, and hyperbole go to roam free and not be burden down by society.
    04-24-12 01:29 PM
    Like it or not, the Angry Birds franchise is one of the biggest game franchises in the history of mobile gaming. So if you're the head of RIM's gaming division, yes, it's big news.

I wouldn't expect the head of the Sony Bravia TV division to be excited that Skyrim is coming to the PlayStation 3, but I would think that the head of the PlayStation division would be pleased enough to tweet about it...
    Jince likes this.
    04-24-12 01:30 PM
    US tech press made a big deal out of this game being released for IOS and Android and there was definitely a 'what about us?' reaction in the BlackBerry community. So it makes sense that RIM is trying to make the point that our ecosystem is getting this title too. Those who are upset have to be pleased at least that RIM is filling ecosystem gaps as that may help bring the other apps they want to our devices. It can only help in the big marketing picture and the more hype RIM can generate the better, no matter what segment of the marketplace is being served by the release of a single product.
    04-24-12 01:31 PM
    It is big news.. The only reason it wasn't really "news" to some people is because it leaked into App World like two weeks ago. The fact that the PlayBook got one of the biggest games in mobile gaming about 1 month after the bigger platforms, shows how quickly the gap is closing. And it's only $2.99 (if people are going to cry about a $3 game, just.. don't even have a tablet).

I couldn't care less if Skype comes to the PlayBook. Netflix would be nice, but I actually don't care if that comes either. As far as tv and other movies, the web browser on the PlayBook can access HBO Go or YouTube movies or a show's tv channel's website just fine...
    joski and ambarmetta like this.
    04-24-12 01:45 PM
    It was not the tweet, it was more likely the way in which the Crackberry blog post hyped it:
    "Something wonderful is about to happen for BlackBerry PlayBook owners but what is it?" In my opinion, it's great that AB Space is available, and at half price but "something wonderful about to happen..." based on all the things people would actually like to see on their Playbook, was bound to disappoint some if it wasn't something that lived up to the grand title of the post. I'm still trying to work out exactly why it's "something wonderful", since the game's been out for a while and, given that the Playbook has all the other AB, I'd always assumed it would get Angry Birds Space as well.

Great way to attract eyeballs and clicks to Crackberry though.
    Last edited by JiveGirl14; 04-24-12 at 01:58 PM.
    barskin, ambarmetta and joski like this.
    04-24-12 01:55 PM
    It was not the tweet, it was more likely the way in which the Crackberry blog post hyped it:
    "Something wonderful is about to happen for BlackBerry PlayBook owners but what is it?" In my opinion, it's great that AB Space is available, and at half price but "something wonderful about to happen..." based on all the things people would actually like to see on their Playbook, was bound to disappoint some if it wasn't something that lived up to the grand title of the post. I'm still trying to work out exactly why it's "something wonderful", since the game been out for a while and, given that the Playbook has all the other AB, I'd always assumed it would get Angry Birds Space as well.

Then some people should read articles and not just headlines cause it clearly says in the first sentence "Head of Gaming Category at Research in Motion"
    04-24-12 02:00 PM
    US tech press made a big deal out of this game being released for IOS and Android and there was definitely a 'what about us?' reaction in the BlackBerry community. So it makes sense that RIM is trying to make the point that our ecosystem is getting this title too. Those who are upset have to be pleased at least that RIM is filling ecosystem gaps as that may help bring the other apps they want to our devices. It can only help in the big marketing picture and the more hype RIM can generate the better, no matter what segment of the marketplace is being served by the release of a single product.
    I wasn't trying to be sarcastic with my question from an earlier post asking 'if this was really big news', it was a legitimate question because I didn't know. I wasn't ware there was a big media blitz surrounding it being on other platforms, and really had no idea it was 'big news'. Thanks for explaining it rather than giving the typical overly sensitive Playbook fan response one normally get's on this forum to reasonable question.
    04-24-12 02:03 PM
    It is big news.. The only reason it wasn't really "news" to some people is because it leaked into App World like two weeks ago. The fact that the PlayBook got one of the biggest games in mobile gaming about 1 month after the bigger platforms, shows how quickly the gap is closing.
    Not necessarily, I think this speaks to the relationship with Rovio, which obviously must be pretty good. The gap isn't necesarily closing because we have angry birds.

I couldn't care less if Skype comes to the PlayBook. Netflix would be nice, but I actually don't care if that comes either. As far as tv and other movies, the web browser on the PlayBook can access HBO Go or YouTube movies or a show's tv channel's website just fine...
    We know, Skype and Netflix aren't for everyone.
    04-24-12 02:06 PM
    "Something wonderful is about to happen for BlackBerry PlayBook owners but what is it?" In my opinion, it's great that AB Space is available, and at half price but "something wonderful about to happen..." based on all the things people would actually like to see on their Playbook, was bound to disappoint some if it wasn't something that lived up to the grand title of the post. I'm still trying to work out exactly why it's "something wonderful", since the game's been out for a while and, given that the Playbook has all the other AB, I'd always assumed it would get Angry Birds Space as well.

Hey, JG. Did you notice something odd about that "Something Wonderful" thingie:

Do you remember the liftoff sequence in the movie Apollo 13? How the Saturn V engines lit up, the incredible rumble as the rocket, slowly at first, and then faster and faster, propelled the astronauts into space? The anticipation, and the excitement?

I feel like that right now. The momentum we’ve seen for the BlackBerry� platform in the last few months has been phenomenal. In the last quarter, the BlackBerry App World™ storefront has seen:

21% increase in BlackBerry smartphone apps
    89% increase in BBM™ connected apps
    240% increase in BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet apps submitted to BlackBerry App World
    We’re going to keep driving that momentum and building that excitement – it’s a rush and we don’t want it to go away.

They're talking about apps. They're raving about apps, when we all know that apps don't matter, they're a "thing of the past," and they are totally unnecessary with a browser.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    04-24-12 02:09 PM
    I'm from North America yet I can't identify with this sense of entitlement.
    I'm pretty sure I saw Canadians some UK and others whining so blaming North American culture holds no weight.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-24-12 02:09 PM
    So a month ago there where numerous threads on why no Angry Bird Space for PB. Then following that numerous thread trying to get it sideloaded. Felt just like the Netflix,Skype hype. Then it appeared in Appworld for a few minutes and everyone was excited
    and then pissed that it was an error. Now today its finally released and everyone is complaining.
    Can RIM please us? No effing way!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and alan510 like this.
    04-24-12 02:11 PM
    I'm from North America yet I can't identify with this sense of entitlement.
    I'm pretty sure I saw Canadians some UK and others whining so blaming North American culture holds no weight.
    Which is hilarious cause Canadians contribute to that North American sense of entitlement
    04-24-12 02:15 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD