Is there anyone in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, that can help me with making several apps? My app idea(s) won me a playbook from the wonderful people at crackberry. I've downloaded I think most of what I need for an html5 app, but then I see there are java apps, native apps, and who knows what else. I need some help. I don't necessarily want someone to do it for me, but rather reach me what's the best way to do it. I figure i'll make my apps for the BBX (I know they were sued for using the roman numeral X, how I don't know, laws are just stupid these days, but it just sounds cooler). I want to also male them for those like me who still have older phones (Storm 2).

Help.Thanks.
    04-24-12 12:04 PM
    Shao Soft.
    ShaoSoft

try contacting him and see what happens
    04-24-12 12:40 PM
    Hey thanks dude. I recently signed up to CB Kevin's twitter (to try and win his porshe BB) and i noticed that he too is from winnipeg. Thats cool, i'll try talking to them both. Thanks again.
    05-03-12 03:08 PM
    You should try it yourself if you have the time and desire to do it. There aren't many resources for bb10 right now, besides RIM's own documentation, but I'm sure you could get started at least.

As for the way to go (HTML5, native, etc.), that usually depends on the type of apps you're developing and if you need performance (speed), and whether you need access to specific device features. Both of those might lend your app toward native. On the other hand if you want to keep it high-level and perhaps cross-platform in the future then perhaps HTML5 is a great way to go. Think about things like data access and how a user might use your software as guide as well.
    05-05-12 08:15 AM
    Is that your only goal?
    No no no....well uhh umm ok ya... That's a pretty good goal though right?
    05-05-12 08:17 AM
    @ js8229, I do have the time (while at work ironically). I have been trying to go over what I can find online but for me it gets a little weary pouring over forums trying to find instructions (as if coding will be exciting right ).

I learn fast, especially if the instruction is hands on. That is what I am looking for ultimately. Someone to show me how to do it. I have about 10 different programs downloaded onto my pc for this, but I haven't figured out how to use them. Now I at least know what the native apps are for, thanks for that.

I tweeted Shao and he told me to get back to him next week as he is down in Florida right now.

I was thinking that if all I would need to do is write code, I hope all goes well because I have a aspirations for my app. It should be good.
    05-05-12 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD