Hi,

I have put in a few apps in my Blackberry Simulator via OTA and AppWorld. I need help to extract them. I am using a BB 9900 Simulator 7.1.0.137.

Any help would me MUCHHH Appreciated.

Thank You
    04-24-12 08:12 AM
    If you debugged your application .cod file should be here:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 7.1.0\simulator\"

But if you using simulator standalone your .cod file is embedded in file system dump of simulator:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 5.0.0\5.0.0.713 (9550)\9550-fs.dmp"
    ibby-berry likes this.
    04-25-12 09:46 AM
    If you debugged your application .cod file should be here:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 7.1.0\simulator\"

But if you using simulator standalone your .cod file is embedded in file system dump of simulator:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 5.0.0\5.0.0.713 (9550)\9550-fs.dmp"
    Thankyou so much! I am using standalone mode. What would be the best way to extract it from the file dump ? Or should I install simulator with some JDK ?
    04-25-12 05:07 PM
    I'm afraid that we cannot extract files from .dmp (except the SDCard image - it's simple iso) - I've never seen the format description. Sorry.

Simulator from JDK the same as standalone. And .cod files will be placed in folder during debugging only.

Maybe it better to transfer your applications between devices on the AppWorld... AFAIK RIM allows to change devices for AppWorld account.
    04-26-12 02:08 AM
    I'm afraid that we cannot extract files from .dmp (except the SDCard image - it's simple iso) - I've never seen the format description. Sorry.

Simulator from JDK the same as standalone. And .cod files will be placed in folder during debugging only.

Maybe it better to transfer your applications between devices on the AppWorld... AFAIK RIM allows to change devices for AppWorld account.
    Thats the issue, I got paid apps in my appworld but now appworld aint working where I am currently! messed up
    04-29-12 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD