i dont see rimm in full scale collapse at all. in fact in the caribbean and elsewhere outside of north america rimm still has presence. what rimm really needs to do is leverage all the smaller assets they have. Qnx is a software already used in cars for infotainment. link that to pb and bb phones and get in bed with toyota and honda. yes we wud love to c it in porches and bentleys but toyota outsells everybody therefore getting the software out there. nfc is where its at where this is concerned, insurance info, diagnostic reports,and other meaningful data can be readily available on your phone once its paired with the car. as for the blackberry phones. disregarding my better judgment Rimm should make a phone whose primary job will be for media consumption and browsing; preferable all touch. also two other models a full touch and qwerty workhorse that can multimedia when asked to do so. also i dnt think Rimm needs to worry so much about competing with apple. the real game competition will come from win8 if the oem decide to support. just think about it. the same software on your desktop, tablet and phone? win8 will be apart of everyone's life whether you want it or not and at some point after the over exposure on your pc and your tablet your inclined to get it on your phone. thats where ios, droid and bbos will be behind. rimm needs to compete with win8 in the functionality without app war. ios and android depend on an app to do everything on the device. win8 will have apps but it will highlight real functionality out the box without apps and rimm needs to move in that direction. the playbook can browse websites with full flash eliminating the need for the cnn or nba app. point is you need games and true out of box functionality. having a youtube app isnt so important when the in-house browser is just as good as internet explorer or firefox. Finally there's marketing!!!make crazy futuristic ads that have nothing to do with the device for the teen crowd (like the first couple a droid commercials) and make well thought out functionality ads for the business customer and college students and in both you push multimedia capabilities. rimm only needs to check twitter/ubersocial or crackberry to see all the celebs that use the bb phone. imagine rimm having add campaigns with the kardashians, jay z and his wife or justin or any other heavy twitter bb users like 50cent. simple plan- give each of these stars a bb and ask them to post the pin on there twitter or fb account; just think how many fans would buy a bb because they think it gives them a direct line of communication with their fave celeb. yes these wont be the stars' personal day to day phones but rather there "reality BBs" managed or supervised by PR people. Just imagine the influx of new customers. now once you get that crowd following even if for six months you sink your teeth in and have a twilight moment(never seen the movie). People get attached to their BBs not so much with other phones. If you lose an iphone or a droid all you have to worry abt is what color the replacement will be as the number wont change. with a bb u get a new pin! that pin is a part of your identity and you may or may not have backed up you contacts and as such must re-add. What this does is give you a closeness with a BB that you have maybe with a friend. you do everything not to lose it. anyway i'm bored and got carried away sorry

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    04-24-12 01:27 AM
    i dont see rimm in full scale collapse at all. in fact in the caribbean and elsewhere outside of north america rimm still has presence. what rimm really needs to do is leverage all the smaller assets they have.

Qnx is a software already used in cars for infotainment. link that to pb and bb phones and get in bed with toyota and honda. yes we wud love to c it in porches and bentleys but toyota outsells everybody therefore getting the software out there. nfc is where its at where this is concerned, insurance info, diagnostic reports,and other meaningful data can be readily available on your phone once its paired with the car.

as for the blackberry phones. disregarding my better judgment Rimm should make a phone whose primary job will be for media consumption and browsing; preferable all touch. also two other models a full touch and qwerty workhorse that can multimedia when asked to do so.

also i dnt think Rimm needs to worry so much about competing with apple. the real game competition will come from win8 if the oem decide to support. just think about it. the same software on your desktop, tablet and phone? win8 will be apart of everyone's life whether you want it or not and at some point after the over exposure on your pc and your tablet your inclined to get it on your phone. thats where ios, droid and bbos will be behind. rimm needs to compete with win8 in the functionality without app war. ios and android depend on an app to do everything on the device. win8 will have apps but it will highlight real functionality out the box without apps and rimm needs to move in that direction. the playbook can browse websites with full flash eliminating the need for the cnn or nba app. point is you need games and true out of box functionality. having a youtube app isnt so important when the in-house browser is just as good as internet explorer or firefox.

Finally there's marketing!!!make crazy futuristic ads that have nothing to do with the device for the teen crowd (like the first couple a droid commercials) and make well thought out functionality ads for the business customer and college students and in both you push multimedia capabilities. rimm only needs to check twitter/ubersocial or crackberry to see all the celebs that use the bb phone. imagine rimm having add campaigns with the kardashians, jay z and his wife or justin or any other heavy twitter bb users like 50cent. simple plan- give each of these stars a bb and ask them to post the pin on there twitter or fb account; just think how many fans would buy a bb because they think it gives them a direct line of communication with their fave celeb. yes these wont be the stars' personal day to day phones but rather there "reality BBs" managed or supervised by PR people. Just imagine the influx of new customers. now once you get that crowd following even if for six months you sink your teeth in and have a twilight moment(never seen the movie).

People get attached to their BBs not so much with other phones. If you lose an iphone or a droid all you have to worry abt is what color the replacement will be as the number wont change. with a bb u get a new pin! that pin is a part of your identity and you may or may not have backed up you contacts and as such must re-add. What this does is give you a closeness with a BB that you have maybe with a friend. you do everything not to lose it. anyway i'm bored and got carried away sorry

Firstly, paragraphing helps. haha.

I also don't see RIM in a collapse at all. Like many have said here, RIM is still profitable with growing subscriber base.

I like the idea of phones being interconnected with the car. I like to think that in the future, there would be a secure bluetooth in the car's ECU, and an NFC tag in the car that could pair it with your phone. Of course some sort of IT policy could be implemented so that only one device can access it. Think of the possibilities. No need to have a read ODB codes that makes no sense at all. The phone will display the status of the car, if there are any errors or malfunctions, it would display an alert on the phone. The app could also display other information from the sensors, like oil pressure, oil temperature�etc. additional display for speed, and rpm as well. Lots of things could be done with pairing a phone to a car other than just phone calls and music.

I don't think that they need that many models though. 1 full touch device for people who wants better multimedia experience but without compromising productivity, 1 qwerty device for people who prioritize text inputs over multimedia capabilities but still good at multimedia. Plus 1 slider that combines both.

the idea of out of the box functionality is good. like windows 7.5. The os without any apps is plenty capable enough. If you look at RIM's BBOS, it is plenty capable without any apps, so i have faith that RIM will pull through. For example on a playbook, i would use the browser instead of the youtube app.

RIM can't be in the competitive mood. When you're competing, you just try to do a little better than your competitors. You will be trying to play catch up a lot of the time. RIM should just be themselves and innovate. Come up with something that separates them from the rest. In a good way. Be able to do things that other platforms can, and more.

Marketing wise. Sigh. I don't think i need to say more. I don't have any ideas floating around right now, but they seriously need to improve on that.

I hate it even if i were to sent my phone in for repairs and they get me a replacement instead. Cause I kinda like my pin. hahaha. But still, back up is pretty easy and switching pin is rather straight-forward.

Nice thoughts. Just use paragraphs. haha.
    04-24-12 02:22 AM
    i dont see rimm in full scale collapse at all. in fact in the caribbean and elsewhere outside of north america rimm still has presence. what rimm really needs to do is leverage all the smaller assets they have. Qnx is a software already used in cars for infotainment. link that to pb and bb phones and get in bed with toyota and honda. yes we wud love to c it in porches and bentleys but toyota outsells everybody therefore getting the software out there. nfc is where its at where this is concerned, insurance info, diagnostic reports,and other meaningful data can be readily available on your phone once its paired with the car. as for the blackberry phones. disregarding my better judgment Rimm should make a phone whose primary job will be for media consumption and browsing; preferable all touch. also two other models a full touch and qwerty workhorse that can multimedia when asked to do so. also i dnt think Rimm needs to worry so much about competing with apple. the real game competition will come from win8 if the oem decide to support. just think about it. the same software on your desktop, tablet and phone? win8 will be apart of everyone's life whether you want it or not and at some point after the over exposure on your pc and your tablet your inclined to get it on your phone. thats where ios, droid and bbos will be behind. rimm needs to compete with win8 in the functionality without app war. ios and android depend on an app to do everything on the device. win8 will have apps but it will highlight real functionality out the box without apps and rimm needs to move in that direction. the playbook can browse websites with full flash eliminating the need for the cnn or nba app. point is you need games and true out of box functionality. having a youtube app isnt so important when the in-house browser is just as good as internet explorer or firefox. Finally there's marketing!!!make crazy futuristic ads that have nothing to do with the device for the teen crowd (like the first couple a droid commercials) and make well thought out functionality ads for the business customer and college students and in both you push multimedia capabilities. rimm only needs to check twitter/ubersocial or crackberry to see all the celebs that use the bb phone. imagine rimm having add campaigns with the kardashians, jay z and his wife or justin or any other heavy twitter bb users like 50cent. simple plan- give each of these stars a bb and ask them to post the pin on there twitter or fb account; just think how many fans would buy a bb because they think it gives them a direct line of communication with their fave celeb. yes these wont be the stars' personal day to day phones but rather there "reality BBs" managed or supervised by PR people. Just imagine the influx of new customers. now once you get that crowd following even if for six months you sink your teeth in and have a twilight moment(never seen the movie). People get attached to their BBs not so much with other phones. If you lose an iphone or a droid all you have to worry abt is what color the replacement will be as the number wont change. with a bb u get a new pin! that pin is a part of your identity and you may or may not have backed up you contacts and as such must re-add. What this does is give you a closeness with a BB that you have maybe with a friend. you do everything not to lose it. anyway i'm bored and got carried away sorry

I must confess I didn't read you entire posts lol.
    But how would BBM die if RIM doesn't die? Really you should be pondering how they can make it better.
    My answer? In BB10, just link it with video chat to create BBM Video Call and we're done. The two already exist, just combine them.
    04-24-12 06:59 AM
    my point exactly! i need rimm to live for many reasons but the primary reason is so BBm lives forever and i need a smartphone with a keypad. last time i checked only rimm has a decent one

04-24-12 02:21 PM
    my point exactly! i need rimm to live for many reasons but the primary reason is so BBm lives forever and i need a smartphone with a keypad. last time i checked only rimm has a decent one

BBM and physical keyboards are a thing of the past. I'm sure RIM will continue to producing legacy devices to cater to this niche market.
    Shlooky likes this.
    04-24-12 03:58 PM
    Absolutely keyboards are a thing of the past....Android is making legacy devices for a niche market

Top (Best) Full Keyboard QWERTY Android Phones 2012
    04-25-12 05:56 PM
    yeah i guess your correct about being a thing of the pass. However please tell me why are you on this forum. I'm almost certain that everyone on this forum who has and uses a blackberry uses bbm. as for the key being of the past! what if i choose to live in the past and not take half day to write and email because my thump (or whichever finger you type with on a touch phone) keeps hitting the letter beside the one i actually want. what if? and this is just a what if nothing else! what if i want bbm and physical keyboard? Do you or anyone else matter in that scenario?

04-26-12 12:35 AM
    BBM Video Call would be damn awesome.
    04-26-12 01:30 AM
    I think it'd be nice if they could offer free BBM'ing from Blackberry Desktop Manager. This would allow people that don't already have a BlackBerry to get in and experience BBM themselves and possibly give them one extra reason to go for a BlackBerry when it's time to upgrade their phones.
    04-28-12 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD