im not sure why but recently (possibly since the OS update?) my one email account set up on my playbook is constantly asking me to input the email password. It is a live@edu Microsoft outlook address. I have the correct password in. as soon as i enter the password again in the pop up menu, it asks me for it again less then 30 seconds later. then randomly, it will stop asking me and i am able to retrieve email. but sure enough, after a few minutes, it begins asking for my password again. What could be causing this and how can i fix it?? thanks for your help.
    04-23-12 02:04 PM
    im not sure why but recently (possibly since the OS update?) my one email account set up on my playbook is constantly asking me to input the email password. It is a live@edu Microsoft outlook address. I have the correct password in. as soon as i enter the password again in the pop up menu, it asks me for it again less then 30 seconds later. then randomly, it will stop asking me and i am able to retrieve email. but sure enough, after a few minutes, it begins asking for my password again. What could be causing this and how can i fix it?? thanks for your help.
    I have the same issue (with my live@edu account).

I made it manual sync for emails, as it seems any time a email comes through it re-asks for my password. It didn't really do it until the most recent update.
    04-23-12 02:11 PM
    It seems to be an issue with the latest update. I have had the same problem with my Yahoo account.
    04-23-12 02:18 PM
    Thankfully, I haven't had this problem on the PlayBook. Presently, I don't have any certificate required for use of EAS on the PB. But, I do, however, have that same problem on the iPad. On the iPad, which I had before the PB, I was forced to accept a corporate certificate. And, it sometimes gets in a loop like that. I always thought it had something to do with dropping WiFi or the corporate policy which was pushed (it forces an auto-lock after one hour and gives 10 login attempts to unlock the device prior to even using it).

As mentioned, that isn't on my PlayBook. But, I'm wondering, if you are on a corporate network that requires some sort of certificate for use on EAS devices, and you don't have any other devices other than your PlayBook, then, it may time out while connecting with the server on occasion.

If possible, and you have another device (like a smartphone, tablet, etc.) and can initiate an EAS with that device separately, even if you don't intend on using it that way - it seems to resolve the problem for the PlayBook. Therefore, IMHO, this may be a corporate issue for some as opposed to a PlayBook issue. Not dismissing the possiblity of that being the case, just attempting to share my experience.
    04-23-12 02:19 PM
    This also was happening to me with OS2.0, I deleted ALL email accounts and reinstalled....to my surprise it WORKED....just a suggestion. By the way, NO problems with any email password popups since.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    04-23-12 02:19 PM
    thanks for the info guys. my next step was to delete email accounts and set them up from scratch. i will give this a shot. I also wondered if it was lees playback related and more email client related. could be the issue but its strange i never had this problem before. who knows. if it is an OS bug i hope i gets fixed soon.
    04-23-12 02:49 PM
    deleting the account and setting it up again has seemed to fix the problem so far. as a side note, my facebook account was removed. im not sure when this happened either but i set it up again as well and it seems to be working
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-23-12 07:01 PM
    deleting the account and setting it up again has seemed to fix the problem so far. as a side note, my facebook account was removed. im not sure when this happened either but i set it up again as well and it seems to be working
    Glad my suggestion was helpful so far.., just passing on what I learned from these Crackberry forums.
    bbfan1040 and lanching123 like this.
    04-23-12 08:11 PM
    I had this problem with Yahoo but this OS update seems to have solved that for me.
    04-23-12 08:15 PM
    This also was happening to me with OS2.0, I deleted ALL email accounts and reinstalled....to my surprise it WORKED....just a suggestion. By the way, NO problems with any email password popups since.

+1 here, mine was happening with my Gmail account after the last update. Deleting and re-entering my account fixed her right up.
    04-23-12 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD