A new error popped us on my BB Torch. When i restart it says "Uncaught exception: Java.lang.Error. The only thing i can tell it is affecting so far is when i try to open my score mobile app it repeats the error and does not work. I have tried reinstalling the app to no avail.

How do i fix this? I don't use many apps but the score mobile app is my top one!

Thanks in advance
    04-22-12 03:18 PM
    Had the same problem - came from an application that wasn't uninstalled correctly. Wiped my device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 04:29 PM
    Make sure you back up your phone!!

Then try a battery pull and see if that clears it up.

Did this just start after installing Score?
    04-22-12 04:40 PM
    I'm getting the same error when trying to install the new app world. Needed to use BBSAK to clear it off.

To do it:
    Open BBSAK
    Plug in your berry and insert battery.
    After the red light goes off, attempt to connect (I think BB device manager needs to be running too).
    Give it a minute, maybe 1/4 way through the boot process, it will connect and allow you to interact.
    Click on the "Modify COD's" tab and click "Read System"
    Find the "offending" app, and remove it.
    You may have to do this multiple times to remove all the apps files (took me three times to remove all of appworld).

Once I removed it, devices started without a hitch. I still haven't been able to install appworld... not sure why.
    04-25-12 01:57 PM
    how will i know whats the offending app is?
    04-29-12 04:03 AM
    You can take a look through the logs and see where the error pops up. BBSAK will allow you to easily read the logs and export them.

My issue was easy, as once I installed the new app world, my phone would not boot up at all, so, diagnosis was easy.
    05-07-12 02:15 PM
    Hi Meske,
    I had the same error pop up after installing .378 when rebooting. I also have BBSAK and opened/read files but didn't see any errors to delete. I don't have any app problems and the only thing I've done reecently was remove some apps like yahoo msg and windows msg that I don't use. No clue why it's happening though. There are a lot of posts on this over the years. Thanks!
    05-11-12 02:07 PM
    Hi Meske,
    I had the same error pop up after installing .378 when rebooting. I also have BBSAK and opened/read files but didn't see any errors to delete. I don't have any app problems and the only thing I've done recently was remove some apps like yahoo msg and windows msg that I don't use. No clue why it's happening though. There are a lot of posts on this over the years. Thanks!
    Not really sure unfortunately... i'm sure it has something to do with a corrupt or missing file. If you plug your phone into DM, does it claim there are updates available? If so, maybe try to apply those from the existing OS. That might clean it up. Otherwise, probably a wipe and re-install.
    05-14-12 09:10 AM
    use the Blackberry SAFE MODE feature:

1.Remove and reinsert the battery.
    2.When the red LED light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the device is loading.
    3.When the dialog appears, click OK
    4.Uninstall the app

works for me all the time
    southlander and Kittana Smith like this.
    05-19-12 12:54 AM
    one solution for all:::::::: uncaught exception error.

step 1 : reamove all sms ( need then backup thru blacberry protect)

step 2 : reamove all mails ( need then backup thru blacberry protect)

step 3 : reamove all history in chat application ( even go to option and dont save histore choose)

final process:::

step -4 go to option then application management then application list.

step -5 select application one by one and edit the permission tab and give the permission ""allow" to all application one by one.

step -6 if not response then you may delete social application chat as yahoo,gtalk, and live mesenger or whtasup or facebook for additinally if need then or leave it here..

step- 7 you may re install again and remember to give permission for application " allow" in every section mentioned there.

step - 8 dont linked contacts or address book with others application beside bbm.

step 9 - as we all did many times pull the battery and reboot

step 10- install bbm listed reboot application for reboot

step 11- install memory booster

step 12- the again reboot

for your information :

contact book address is the major issue for "uncaught exeptiop error" handle the contact book gentle dont combine with others application dont install third party application if do then give permission and reboot by "reboot application"

second: no upgradtion require there is the method to swipe the blacberry cause of this action remove contact and application which syncronise between datas as contact and mails and sms...with application thats the reason for uncaught application...

enjoy the all blacberry without error!!!!

mail me at [email protected] for any suggestion..

rgds,
    varun
    07-14-12 03:56 AM
    This just recently happened to my 9800 i connected it to blackberry desktop software and re-install the OS and went back to normal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    07-14-12 10:23 PM
    I have the same error and I've found out the error comes from appworld, so I had to remove completely the appworld and the error is gone.
    10-13-12 07:09 AM
    I made the mistake of trying to manually upgrade App World on my 9930 via blackberry.com/appworld. The install somehow got corrupted and AppWorld is installed but not working, and I get those dang uncaught exception errors at boot. So annoying. Tried uninstalling Appworld and installing from scratch, no go. Ridiculous that the only fix for this is a complete wipe. Guess that's what I get for my obsession with being up-to-date. *sigh*
    10-26-12 12:02 AM
    Thanks varun,
    I was facing this problem in my curve 8520, and was not able to open mails, only deleting the sms worked...
    Thanks a ton bro......
    01-11-13 07:36 AM
    Finally fixed the problem thanks to all of the suggestions. Tried many of the techniques and ideas posted here and the one that worked for me was the backup with bb protect and application wipe. When I restarted the phone I had no java.lang.error code.
    02-22-13 12:09 PM
    I've noticed the following error when my BB Tourch 9800 boots up- "Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.Error" and the process stops until I clear it with "OK". I first observed this issue shortly after attempting to install "Where" which didn't work, so I tried to uninstall it. The program seems to be gone, but the icon remains and I can't find a way to delete it. Wondering if this process may have corrupted the OS as the screen seems to jump around a little goofy since this happened, like it has a mind of it's own! I've checked for OS updates but it appears that I have the latest (6.0 Bundle 2647/ v6.0.0.600/ Platform 6.6.0.223). Any help would be appreciated - thanks
    04-17-13 08:49 PM
    A new error popped us on my BB Torch. When i restart it says "Uncaught exception: Java.lang.Error. The only thing i can tell it is affecting so far is when i try to open my score mobile app it repeats the error and does not work. I have tried reinstalling the app to no avail.

How do i fix this? I don't use many apps but the score mobile app is my top one!

Thanks in advance
    04-29-13 01:58 AM
    my bf brought me a blackberry bold 9780 everytime i switch the fone on it says uncaught exception java lang error, wot isit it? also i think the fones locked could this be why this is commin up coz it doest take the sim im puttin in? when i put the sim in ( ive tried orange, tmobile, vodafone, tescos, it comes up with full signal but i cnt recive txts or calls so is my fone blocked? plz help i want to use my blackberry.
    04-30-13 01:05 PM

Thanks in advance
    09-06-13 05:30 PM
    How do i remove this jave.long.Error
    09-06-13 06:25 PM

Thanks in advance
    09-06-13 10:54 PM
    Uncought exception java reset please
    09-09-13 07:28 PM
    Make sure you back up your phone!!

Then try a battery pull and see if that clears it up.

Did this just start after installing Score?
    09-17-13 07:32 AM
    Mine doesn't work with that, it doesn't let me delete applications
    09-21-13 03:13 PM
    Blackberry torch 9800 I'd Error Reset
    09-23-13 08:15 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD