I'll start it off, right now I don't, unless there are major upgrades. Bridging/wifi work perfectly for me. I am suspicious once the new 4g tablet hits the market the providers will push hard to get rid of bridging. Or charge us for it.
    04-22-12 08:10 AM
    Maybe a few months after its released. I really have no use for a 4G playbook just yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    sledhead800 likes this.
    04-22-12 08:15 AM
    With my Bold 9900 connected through bridge, I already have a 4G PlayBook.
    04-22-12 08:18 AM
    Gonna have to see some pricing first...
    04-22-12 08:21 AM
    Not until my current PB no longer does the job. I like to wring every last penny of value out of my purchases.
    sagec, robluck82, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    04-22-12 08:21 AM
    Nawww no need for a 4G PlayBook-satisfied with my PB just the way it is , anyways Sprint will not be carrying the 4G PlayBook.
    04-22-12 08:23 AM
    With my Bold 9900 connected through bridge, I already have a 4G PlayBook.
    100% agree with this, with the caveat of it only being H+ as opposed to actual 4G(lte).

I myself think bridge is just fine for my use and don't need the extra expense of a another data plan. If and when the 4G PB comes out and it has better specs and its offered in a wifi only version, I might consider it.
    04-22-12 08:23 AM
    If I was planning to, my inbox today helped firm my leanings towards windows 8.
    04-22-12 08:24 AM
    Not mee, I just hope Sprint doesn't start charging for "bridge" or cause me to do work around for bridge......like another carrier already does.
    madman0141 likes this.
    04-22-12 08:26 AM
    No need but they have to invest more on this existing pb. This existing pb needs to be upgrade the to stand as what they promote as laptop replacement cause its not really.
    04-22-12 08:42 AM
    i'll buy playbook 4g if unlocked, else no.
    04-22-12 08:43 AM
    Not a chance in h*ll.
    Barely use PB anymore.
    04-22-12 08:50 AM
    Use my current one all day... But usually on wifi so for me it would need major upgrades in other areas for me to get one.
    sledhead800 likes this.
    04-22-12 08:55 AM
    I love my Playbook, and most times, I'm within range of a WiFi connection point, but there are those times when I'm out and about where I would love to have a connection with me (especially if it makes the GPS more functional.) But until official specifications and pricing are available, I'm in the 'wait and see' category. If the price is right, I'll hand down my wifi PB to my wife and get the new 4G one, but if they go back to original PB pricing, I'll probably hold off.
    04-22-12 08:56 AM
    I will.

When on my 'home' mobile network I'll bridge, but when I travel to "the other Island" (i.e. England for me) and I'm roaming, I'll use a SIM from there.
    James Nieves likes this.
    04-22-12 09:11 AM
    I would, right now my bridge feature does not allow me to connect to my office outlook email, calendar and contacts natively from the PlayBook . I know I can get to my outlook with the bridge feature but my employer has informed that they will be discontinuing the BES relationship so I will be losing my bridge function with the exception of Internet browsing in the next couple of months. With the wifi version of the PlayBook I have to VPN in to access my office outlook and I believe the 4G version will resolve this issue. Also looking forward to BB10 devices that I can access my office outlook via the windows active sync feature.......
    04-22-12 09:13 AM
    You do realize that you will need a data plan for the 4g playbook right?
    04-22-12 09:23 AM
    My next PB will be a 4g version. I'd like the option of being able to switch SIM card for traveling. Hopefully, by then I will be able to bridge 2 PBs together, I'll keep my WiFi PB connected to my TV at home and be mobile with the 4g version.
    04-22-12 09:29 AM
    I will buy one when it's out!
    04-22-12 09:52 AM
    At this point, I would have to say no way. If RIM steps it up, I might change my mind in the future.
    04-22-12 09:54 AM
    I'll start it off, right now I don't, unless there are major upgrades. Bridging/wifi work perfectly for me. I am suspicious once the new 4g tablet hits the market the providers will push hard to get rid of bridging. Or charge us for it.

I would buy a Playbook 2, not a Playbook 4G. I tether via bluetooth not via carrier

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 10:00 AM
    You do realize that you will need a data plan for the 4g playbook right?
    "...need..."? It won't have WiFi and/or "Bridging"? Or it'll only be sold with a mandatory data plan?

I assume that there could be the occasional person that would purchase the PB 4G for some other reason (maybe it would have an improved GPS chip, maybe it'll have other improvements) and then decide not to have a 4G data plan. I assume it would still connect through the other, zero additional monthly fee, options.

??
    04-22-12 10:34 AM
    I had that same speculation on another 3/4g thread. I could see carriers pressuring rim to extend the AT&T bridge limitations in order to force folks to go for the data plan.

I would hope rim comes down on their customers side in what might be the next battle front. But they gave into AT&T.
    04-22-12 10:45 AM
    Well my PB can't stream videos with ease via BB Bridge like it can on wifi. But my phone can stream video with no problems on 4g. So...................... I will buy a BP 4g ONLY if i can share the same data plan and not pay a fee. Then and only then will i upgrade.
    04-22-12 10:49 AM
    if the only changes are 4G and a processor bump, what's the point? Bold 9900, 6gb of data, bridge. i'm set.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-22-12 10:51 AM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD