In the past week, my 9810"s ringer is turning off by itself. It reads on in my profile though. A battery pull will bring it back. Tired of missing calls any ideas? I know that I did not push the mute button by accident. Can anyone help?
    04-22-12 02:34 AM
    mine does the same thing after a couple days and it also changes RINGER profile on its own to a sound from my SD card....batt pull fixes the NO SOUND but changing ringer sound continues to change no matter what i do...i all started when i did the latest tmobile OS...i dont know but i think i hate this OS, i have NEVER had any of these type of issues EVER!!!! i hope tmobile updates again soon
    04-22-12 04:25 AM
    Any chance either of you are running flashlight apps? I was pulling my hair out over this same issue, and figured out the flashlight app was the culprit.

Apparently somewhere in the OS7 development cycle, something changed in the API and the "video recording" thing that the flashlight apps all use stopped letting go of the camera. When you activate video recording (which is how these apps get the bright light to come on), sound gets muted as a side effect. So once that happens, its almost impossible to get your ringer to come back without a reboot. The same issue exists in most if not all of the OS7.1 code.

I found a flashlight app that seems to not have the issue that is made by Jared, if you still need one.

But first, I'd try removing any flashlight apps and see if your problems clear up.
    08-06-12 12:50 AM

I found a flashlight app that seems to not have the issue that is made by Jared, if you still need one.
    You might want to search the forums for posts regarding apps made by Jared first. Caveat emptor.
    08-06-12 09:01 AM
    I had the same issue till .3xx series OS versions. I was so fade up with missing calls and each time I had to pull the battery to get the phone to sound normally.

I have a flashlight app but I don't have this problem with .5xx versions anymore.

.569 seems to be good till now.
    08-06-12 10:01 AM
    same problem last week. now i know its an app.thanks
    08-06-12 10:48 PM
    I pulled the battery on mine and the sounds came back.
    04-29-13 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD