I have a Curve 9300. I use WM Family Mobile which I realize does not support Blackberry. I have used this phone on the WM plan since last summer. It does most things but since I am on a unsupported plan I cannot send email and a few other things don't work. However, I have always been able to send and receive pic messages and also access the Internet. Until now.

About a week ago both these things stopped working suddenly. WM won't help since it is a unsupported phone. I have tried a battery pull, changing pics setting to small, and downgraded my OS and then upgraded it again. Nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    04-21-12 10:51 PM
    I had a similar issue with my Bold 9900 with TMO. I dont know if this makes any different since it is an unsupported device by the carrier. Here is what they told me to do. Go to Options>Device>Advance System Settings>Host Rounting Table>Menu Key>Register Now. After you do that, you need to do a battery pull and try to send a picture to yourself.

It worked for me, but like I said, I dont know if its going to work for you since your are in an unsupported carrier.
    04-22-12 03:47 PM
    Thanks but it did not work.
    04-24-12 01:19 PM
    BIS won't work if it is not setup for your device by the carrier.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 03:15 PM
    I had this problem on o2 witha unsupported phone, I contacted them and they said I had to upgrade my plan, it only raised the price �6 to �21 about$30 for this I got 500meg dwnloads, 250mins talk, unlimited txts and 25 pic msgs. Hope I helped ps this was on a 9360
    04-24-12 03:23 PM
    sounds like lack of BIS. Only way around the internet thing would be Opera instead of the browser. I would get on wifi and install opera from app world then in your advanced settings input your tcp/apn settings for your carrier and away you go unfortunately still no bbm, mms or any other app tjhat needs BIS hope this helps
    04-28-12 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD