im new to this, and i have a little bit of common sense about what im doing. i looked online to figure out why my unlocked bb tour (originally for verizion, now being used on t-mobile) doesn't have any type of data. i've tried to change the network from 3g to 2g to GSM. it only works on 2g. i have a 3g plan. i don't know how to fix this and also, i've seen solutions online, but they're extremely complicated to follow and i can't risk messing up this phone because i need it for work. i need my emails and bbm. i am wondering also, i see people have it working on their tours, so is there anything specifically wrong with mine? it doesn't have a past due balance, it's not stolen. it makes calls and sends texts, like i said, no data, browser, email.

can anyone help me?
    04-20-12 06:54 PM
    You need a BlackBerry specific data plan for starters. A generic smartphone or "internet" data plan will not work.

Also you will need to manually load the generic TMobile Service Books since they do not support that model natively.

Read this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-106023/

And lastly, you will never get 3G on that device on TMobile. EDGE is the best you are going to get.
    04-20-12 07:48 PM
    You need a BIS plan to go with that Blackberry. Call your service provider and tell them to specifically add that plan to your account. It will switch from edge to EDGE.
    06-23-12 10:50 AM
    The other posters in this thread are correct. You need a dataplan for your phone. A datplan is what allows you to connect to the internet and to send/receive emails from it.

BlackBerrys use their own type of dataplan. It is called BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). T-Mobile will set this up for you. It is not free, of course...

Once you have your BlackBerry dataplan working, it takes a few hours fto wake up, the symbol edge, which means "I have detected a data signal" will change to EDGE, which means "I can now USE the data network". Then you can have fun setting up your email accounts and whatnot. If you are confused, people here will help you, I am sure.

EDGE is sort of 2.G when it comes to download speeds. 3G is better but I am not sure that the Tour will talk to T-Mobile 3G since T-Mobile uses different 3G bands from other GSM (uses a SIM card) carriers. Again I am sure someone will come up with an answer.

If you are confused by any of the above gobbledegook, please say so and I'll explain in simpler terms but will also supply some links that expand on the esplanation.

If you were with AT&T then I am sure that you'd get full 3G. Trouble is, I am unfamiliar with the Tour's frequency bands under GSM - duh.
    06-23-12 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD