Hi there,

I had activated the option to receive email notifications when I got a reply or a post on the forum, well I've been trying to dissable this option and I've unchecked everything in my options and I am still receiving them? I just received 248 emails from the win a blackberry contest thread. This was only in the last 6 hours or so. Because I had cleaned out my account of emails earlier today. I just went in the options again and made sure that everything was dissabled and it was. Is there a reason it's doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Gary
    10-25-07 02:12 PM
    Gary,
    Long time no talk. Hope the school is going well and congrats on the show premiere.
    To answer your question, I think it takes 24 hours to deactivate.
    10-25-07 02:17 PM
    I'm pretty sure Josh is right, but I'll check with our tech guy and see if there's any way he can expediate the unsubscribe.

We sent out a CrackBerry.com Newsletter today, so the Halloween Thread has definitely been busy!
    10-25-07 02:26 PM
    Wow 248, I thought I was bad w/79 this morning. Lol. The next time you receive an email notification from that thread you can click on a link to unsubscribe. It worked for me (so far) and I haven't received any from that particular thread since. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-07 11:02 PM
    you could always set up a filter in BIS to block them temporarily.
    10-26-07 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD