Have any of you had this problem? I'm listening to music then press the center button to pause the music and when I start play again, the audio quality is very poor. It becomes very tinny. I have tried going in and messing with EQ settings to see if I could get the sound quality back but nothing but a battery pull works. Anyone else hear this? I'm on 7.1.0.342

It did this on the previous version as well. I'm not completely sure but it may have been this way since 7.1 came out.
    04-20-12 04:27 PM
    Yup! same issue here, I'm listening to Guns n roses greatest today through the 3.5 mm to the car audio in, sounds awesome, I get gas, start it back up and it sounds like AM radio? Taking a call doesn't seem to affect it but pulling the wire and putting back in does. Skipping to the next song didn't help, it still sounded harsh. I'm thinkning of going back to 7.0 because the worst issue is the speakerphone is so low. I can't believe they haven't addressed it, no wonder so many have bailed out. It's like the Nextel to anything bail-out
    04-20-12 07:00 PM
    I have no problem with the 9860, tried it on a few MP3 and I am on 7.1.0.342
    04-20-12 09:02 PM
    Yep! Aside from the media player screw ups, I have the same issue. It happens after pausing it for more than 3-5 seconds.

Someone stated that the new leak doesn't address it either.

So aggrivating.
    04-21-12 05:22 PM
    I have this issue with all version of 7.1 on the 9900 and the 9860, it's getting pretty annoying
    04-21-12 07:48 PM
    me too I have that problem.

for example: I'm playing a song. then pause it. and when i continue playing the song. the quality is horrible. the only fix I found is sometimes pause the song and play it again. OR skip to the next track.
    04-21-12 09:04 PM
    I've used the music player all day Saturday, the quality was always top notch. The only thing I noticed was that when I unpaused the song it would start from the beginning but I'll check again and make sure I wasn't just pressing any other key.
    04-22-12 04:05 AM
    I definitely confirmed it tonight, I hooked up my phone through my audio -in port. This is my 2nd vehicle, not the daily ride I was complaining about. I start up an album, this time Candlebox. Lotsa full range sound. Sounds like it's supposed to with treble/bass sliders neutral. I get to Costco, spend a couple hundred bucks, come back out, plug phone in, treble gets boosted, zero bass. I tried compensating with my radio settings, still sounded like crap. Exited out of music player (close/close/close). restarted music player, music sounds awesome. Someone fix this, phone was wiped over the weekend and battery was pulled twice today, once physical and and restartme installed then executed (nice app), so don't give me the "battery pull crap"
    Last edited by b1gbleu; 04-23-12 at 07:29 PM.
    04-23-12 07:25 PM
    I definitely confirmed it tonight, I hooked up my phone through my audio -in port. This is my 2nd vehicle, not the daily ride I was complaining about. I start up an album, this time Candlebox. Lotsa full range sound. Sounds like it's supposed to with treble/bass sliders neutral. I get to Costco, spend a couple hundred bucks, come back out, plug phone in, treble gets boosted, zero bass. I tried compensating with my radio settings, still sounded like crap. Exited out of music player (close/close/close). restarted music player, music sounds awesome. Someone fix this, phone was wiped over the weekend and battery was pulled twice today, once physical and and restartme installed then executed (nice app), so don't give me the "battery pull crap"
    Same issue, return to 7.1.0.205 again!
    Last edited by snksvr; 04-24-12 at 07:10 AM.
    04-23-12 08:39 PM
    Hey, sounds like a plan, but I've got a 9850 on Sprint, 7.1.0.267, 7.1.0.163, 7.0.0.261 are my choices. I can't remember what advantages each one had, I'll start at 7.0, I think 7.1 screwed up the speakerphone, all downhill from there.
    04-23-12 09:05 PM
    Hey, sounds like a plan, but I've got a 9850 on Sprint, 7.1.0.267, 7.1.0.163, 7.0.0.261 are my choices. I can't remember what advantages each one had, I'll start at 7.0, I think 7.1 screwed up the speakerphone, all downhill from there.
    I have said this a1,000+ times - If your device does not function as intended on the official OS for your carrier, call the carrier report the issue, let them take you through their technical support, and if it can't be fixed, demand a replacement!

What killed RIM was that so many BB users just sucked it up and ate the crap bugs and tried to find work-arounds. It wasn't until people started switching en-masse to smart phones that consumers realized not every phone has major UNANSWERED bugs through repeated OS updates. The media processor bug plagues 7.1 devices across the board. I've seen it reported on 9900/9930 boards. And unlike the unrecoverable sleep mode issue, it has not been acknowledged or addressed (maybe in .402 - have not seen it on my replacement device yet, but .402 is unofficial.)

Replace the device until it works. Force RIM to send the carrier an OS that addresses the bugs. As it stands, most carriers have already EOL the 9850/9860, so it is in everyone's interest to make sure the device works.
    04-24-12 09:53 AM
    yeah same issue here ..i have the 7.1 .0. 342.. after pause there is no base at all ..but you need to stop the song and then play it..
    05-10-12 06:31 AM
    yeah same issue here ..i have the 7.1 .0. 342.. after pause there is no base at all ..but you need to stop the song and then play it..
    Same issue, returning to 7.1.0.205 again...!!!
    05-10-12 08:49 AM
    It seems to only be the media player that its affecting, using it with BBM Music and having no problems, only when playing music or podcasts through media player

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Crackberry forums app
    05-14-12 11:18 PM
    Mine is even worse! I use a bluetooth headset... And whenever I pause a track for an extended period of time and then unpause, it will sound like a ******** kid trying to rap... It will sort of judder in and out every second... The resolution was to unpair the headset and then pair it again..
    05-15-12 05:55 AM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've had this problem on my old torch 9850 (which had to be replaced due to broken charging port). Sometimes I'd pause a song for a bit and the go to play it again, the song sounded horrible. At first I thought it was my headphones. Turns out it was the phone. Having same issue with this curve 9350 as well. There's got to be a fix somewhere. Nobody should have to deal with this crap.
    06-13-14 08:43 PM
    I had recently found a solution to this problem. It may not work for everyone but it worked for me. If you go into the "options" on your Blackberry browers and clear all the cache and other items. You should find your mp3 music quality returning to normal. If it happens again just rinse and repeat. Hope this helps.
    06-15-14 04:27 PM
    upgrading the OS to .811 fixes this...
    06-19-14 02:22 PM
    How does one upgrade to OS .811? I have researched it and found absolutely nothing on the subject. If you could elaborate more on this OS i would greatly appreciate it. Also how would i download it?

Still rocking the QWERTY keyboard on my BlackBerry 9350!
    07-16-14 07:01 PM
    07-18-14 08:31 PM
    Turn the volume button down until its muted, than turn it up. It works for me.
    03-05-15 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD