I have a unlock 9900 from Asia and cannot connect BIS using Prepaid T-Mobile 70+10. I have call several times at the Customer service and talk for about 1.5 hours and went to T-Mobile shop and still cannot connect to BIS as the lower case edge. Any ideas guys. T-Mobile say that issue with unlock device. I think this is a crap answer. They should just state that T-Mobile wont be able to use unlock device
    04-20-12 10:27 AM
    Yeah that's BS - the problem I have had with pre paid is that with a blackberry you can't simply 'add on data' you have to opt for a blackberry plan even on pre paid. Check t mobile site for pre paid blackberry plans, choose one and you should be good to go
    04-23-12 08:59 AM
    I have an unlocked Rogers 9900 on a Tmo pre-paid plan with no issues. There is a BlackBerry data package you have to add, it's $10/month.
    04-23-12 11:14 AM
    I am not sure if you will get the four dots showing BIS connection when on lower case edge on some networks. I called Rogers about this same issue when I was in a rural area. I would still occasionally get emails and BBM, but I am not sure if it was when the phone got better service and went to EDGE. It was at a ski hill and up the hill BBM seemed to work.
    04-23-12 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD