Ok so I dropped my phone in a quarter mug full of water last nice head first and in its leather case. Only noticed 1-2 mins later as half asleep. Phone works fine but has developed a constant vibrating fault. So I switched it off wrapped in paper towels put in mug full of rice On top of the hot water tank closet and has been there since.

Good idea or should I blow dry low heating setting to?

Wayne
    04-20-12 02:06 AM
    sorry to hear that mate, best thing to do is take it apart (quick search should show you a video) the only reason i say that is water leaves residue on the board when it dries and you want to try and remove this.

alcohol and an cotton bud should do this trick.

good luck
    04-20-12 03:08 AM
    Alright mate

Fired her up just now all seems well only problem or niggle is condensation where the flash and camera lenses are. How can I rid this?

Wayne
    04-20-12 05:41 AM
    04-20-12 05:49 AM
    I'll have a look at this. Don't really wanna take it apart as its 6 months old but will see how it goes. Gonna let it dry out for another day in normal conditions underneath the radiator.
    04-20-12 06:28 AM
    The first thing to do is get the battery out ASAP next is to leave it out until the phone is dry. The bag of rice seems to work for a couple days. The worst thing you can do is leave the battery in or put it back in before it's completely dry.
    04-20-12 06:54 AM
    Well Its been in rice for almost 24hours it's been blowed dried placed underneath a radiator and in an oven over the course of the day. I'd say the top was submerged by only 1cm and it had the leather case on it. I'll wait a couple more hours then fire it up again. It was working fine after the incident I just want to dry it out.
    Last edited by barreoty; 04-20-12 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Typo
    04-20-12 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD