RIM Tech Support Laughs

This guy received a free PB for submitting an app. The PB he received is defective and will not turn on. RIM support agrees it is defective but keeps giving him the runaround in replacing it. This is a clear example of what RIM needs to fix if they ever hope to get back to half of what they once were.
    El Cid likes this.
    04-19-12 01:19 PM
    I hear you.
    Just give the guy a new PlayBook, already!
    Great customer service and word of mouth can't be bought, it must be achieved.
    04-19-12 01:36 PM
    Well, as in all contests, the free gifts are exempt from warranty
    04-19-12 01:37 PM
    If the PlayBook is not in their system, it will not activate. I don't think it is that the PlayBook is defective, just that how ever it was distributed to him, it did not get entered into the RIM system as being distributed. All support can do is ask him to contact where he got it and have them enter it into the system and or replace it.

In other words, somebody missed a step in the distribution process. This stringent control over serial numbers and activations/software updates is a good thing for us PlayBook owners. It removes the possibility of grey market and stolen PlayBooks working.
    04-19-12 01:38 PM
    Have him tween Alec Saunders. He will be able to help.
    russworman likes this.
    04-19-12 01:43 PM
    If the PlayBook is not in their system, it will not activate. I don't think it is that the PlayBook is defective, just that how ever it was distributed to him, it did not get entered into the RIM system as being distributed. All support can do is ask him to contact where he got it and have them enter it into the system and or replace it.

In other words, somebody missed a step in the distribution process. This stringent control over serial numbers and activations/software updates is a good thing for us PlayBook owners. It removes the possibility of grey market and stolen PlayBooks working.
    He received it directly from RIM so he is asking them to replace it. He never had a chance to activate it because it won't power up.
    04-19-12 01:47 PM
    He received it directly from RIM so he is asking them to replace it. He never had a chance to activate it because it won't power up.
    they will have sent him more than the playbook - wheres his documentation that came with it? that will have tracking numbers etc.
    04-19-12 02:38 PM
    Honesly, I had really good exp. with RIM support, I was surprised by the service compare to other companies..
    04-19-12 11:56 PM
    Buddy please stop spam trolling. No need to post same article in multiple sections...
    04-20-12 12:19 AM
    04-20-12 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD