Hi,
    I'm still having issues with the native email after the today's update even more so.
    It keeps asking for the password repeatably with shaw mail (5 to 8 times) before it will accept it to retrieve the mail and then there's no guarantee it will get it.Most times when it does get the mail it then drops the connection and I'm back at entering the password. This is frustrating and I hope RIM will get this fixed soon.

I'm still very impressed with the Playbook and it is my number one carry along with my 9790......
    04-17-12 10:23 PM
    This was also happening to me in the first update (2.0) every now and then. I became frustrated and deleted ALL native emails and started from scratch.....it work, no more problems. It hasn't happened yet on the new update (2.0.1),
    04-17-12 10:41 PM
    I having issues as well, with my Shaw email. It comes to my 9900 but not to my Playbook. Should I remove the account from my Playbook and reinstall?
    04-17-12 11:25 PM
    Deleting, restarting and setting up the mail accounts again helped for me after updating from Beta to official OS 2.0. With the current update I have no mailing issues. Syncing contacts via Google also works just fine.
    malcerie likes this.
    04-18-12 02:49 AM
    I am no longer receiving email notifications with update
    04-18-12 09:00 AM
    Deleting, restarting and setting up the mail accounts again helped for me after updating from Beta to official OS 2.0. With the current update I have no mailing issues. Syncing contacts via Google also works just fine.

Thank you. I use Gmail, and since the update it kept asking me to enter my Gmail password. Deleting the account from my PB then re-entering worked for me.
    04-18-12 10:12 AM
    Thanks Everyone,
    That worked for me also, deleting,restarting and setting up the shaw mail account again as well. I did have to change my settings slightly but the Native e-mail works great with no issues now......
    04-18-12 06:45 PM
    anybody else having the issue that the native email tries to send a message, it doesn't go, and then immediately after sends again automatically...followed by a successful send of the first one. Bottom line is that everytime i send a message, it sends 2 copies...i have to manually delete the failed attempt.

04-19-12 09:13 AM
    Someone in another thread mentioned the double send is an activesync issue. They said look at the MS forums.
    04-19-12 10:07 AM
    anybody else having the issue that the native email tries to send a message, it doesn't go, and then immediately after sends again automatically...followed by a successful send of the first one. Bottom line is that everytime i send a message, it sends 2 copies...i have to manually delete the failed attempt.

Me as well. Stopped using it until I get it figured out. It was working great before the update....
    Last edited by cblguy; 04-22-12 at 08:40 AM.
    04-22-12 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD