Hi all!

I watched this video below:

http://crackberry.com/how-turn-your-...s-webworks-sdk

And it got me wondering, would it be possible to convert some of my favorite websites into apps for my playbook so I could still use the browser for other uses?

For example, a Forex website I use: Financial Spread Betting | Spread Betting Company | ETX Capital ?

I have no developing skills or experience but from the video it seemed somewhat easy?

Thanks in advance for all replies!
    04-17-12 05:56 AM
    Quite Interesting me....
    04-17-12 06:53 AM
    Think this be cool to do as saving a website on the home screen has a bad or no icon.
    Now no need to root to change icon we just make a app.

Be sure to send them to BlackBerry App World so other can get them for Free
    Last edited by MR CANADA.; 04-17-12 at 07:01 AM.
    04-17-12 06:54 AM
    Do you intend to trade from the PB or just to watch quotations?

If you intend to trade then you may have your platform opened in the stock browser and use secure browser or comic sans browser to do the other jobs. For FX you may use also the trade interceptor application. It is simpler than starting developing an application.
    04-17-12 06:55 AM
    Do you intend to trade from the PB or just to watch quotations?

If you intend to trade then you may have your platform opened in the stock browser and use secure browser or comic sans browser to do the other jobs. For FX you may use also the trade interceptor application. It is simpler than starting developing an application.
    Yeah I could do, but it also seemed like once the app was created it could head into fullscreen and also has quicker access. Plus I somewhat prefer the native browser over alternatives.

This was just an example! I'd use for movie sites and online live streaming of sports too.

Anyone tried to emulate this video already?
    04-17-12 07:15 AM
    lol i did this so many times XD i can dream it now
    04-17-12 07:18 AM
    lol i did this so many times XD i can dream it now
    Is it real easy? Any chance you could write up a quick tutorial for us so we can easily do this???

04-17-12 07:23 AM
    Is it real easy? Any chance you could write up a quick tutorial for us so we can easily do this???

in order to use the app, you'll need the code signing things, Webworks SDK, and commandline programming codes
    sort that out first, then i can help you further

Jeroen

EDIT; i can create an app for u guys within 10 minutes if you send me the link and an icon 84x84 !
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 04-17-12 at 07:33 AM.
    shaunj539 likes this.
    04-17-12 07:30 AM
    Thank you very much for your kind offer!

Two websites I would like for now if possible,

ETX Captial: Financial Spread Betting | Spread Betting Company | ETX Capital

Babypips: Forex Trading Online: Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading | Currency Trading
    04-17-12 07:56 AM

Babypips: Forex Trading Online: Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading | Currency Trading
    i'll have it done within 5 hours.. need to update java, adobe air and some other key elements ....

Jeroen
    shaunj539 likes this.
    04-17-12 08:36 AM

Thank you, I have work soon anyway so it won't feel like I have been waiting at all.

Could I get you to do two more on top of this if possible? Just to save me asking you over and over..

Movies: zmovie - Watch Movies online for free on zmovie.tv

FirstRowSports: FirstRow Free Live Sports Streams on your PC, Live Football Stream, Myp2p, Live MLB, Live NBA, Live NHL and more...

Thanks!!
    04-17-12 08:51 AM
    BabyPips.bar
    ETX
    Zmovie
    FirstRowSports
    DONE !
    NOTE they're untested.. but unlikely to NOT work
    they will work fine :P

Jeroen
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 04-17-12 at 09:18 AM.
    LikeA, fbloise and JakePNEFC like this.
    04-17-12 09:05 AM
    04-17-12 09:52 AM
    BabyPips.bar
    ETX
    Zmovie
    FirstRowSports
    DONE !

Jeroen
    Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it. It's great! Only problem I realized I've got it is that for both Z movies & Sports, they open links in different tabs.. Any way to solve this?
    04-17-12 10:02 AM
    @Jeroen, I really appreciate if you compile the web site I send in the post above, maybe you are very busy right now but if sometime you have some minute to do it you would be very nice, thank in advance.
    04-18-12 08:50 PM
    @Jeroen, I really appreciate if you compile the web site I send in the post above, maybe you are very busy right now but if sometime you have some minute to do it you would be very nice, thank in advance.
    I can take care of that if you want
    Last edited by goku_vegeta; 04-18-12 at 09:50 PM.
    04-18-12 09:48 PM
    How do you go back a page?
    Worked my way through all the stuff managed to create a webapp from a site. But how do you go back a page?

For instance forum. All new posts. Click one. Read. How do you go back to the previous page?
    04-19-12 06:09 AM
    in order to use the app, you'll need the code signing things, Webworks SDK, and commandline programming codes
    sort that out first, then i can help you further

Jeroen

EDIT; i can create an app for u guys within 10 minutes if you send me the link and an icon 84x84 !
    I Have code signing tools (.p12 certificate) and Webworks SDK. Not sure what commandline tools you mean, but if you have any online tutorial/guideline where you learned it from (or atleast partly) I can start learning this myself
    04-19-12 06:59 AM
    How do you go back a page?
    Worked my way through all the stuff managed to create a webapp from a site. But how do you go back a page?

For instance forum. All new posts. Click one. Read. How do you go back to the previous page?
    And how do you allow popups? Like the one to load attachments?

I know the full website works perfectly but having an app allows horizontal sliding to go from one to another. Why they havent incorporated that in the browser....
    04-19-12 07:49 AM
    @goku_vegeta, I would really appreciate if you do it, thank.
    Last edited by Sergag; 04-19-12 at 08:33 AM.
    04-19-12 08:27 AM
    I Have code signing tools (.p12 certificate) and Webworks SDK. Not sure what commandline tools you mean, but if you have any online tutorial/guideline where you learned it from (or atleast partly) I can start learning this myself
    well, download the Blackberry Graphical AID from the internet and you're good to go !
    Barljo likes this.
    04-19-12 08:39 AM
    well, download the Blackberry Graphical AID from the internet and you're good to go !
    +1 to this. I was struggling to do the debug token and app signing until I stumbled across the Graphical Aid yesterday morning - google for that, download, install, and go crazy!

I've just done this very process for a website that I run, and it was a breeze. 3 minutes is exactly right.
    04-19-12 09:45 AM
    Could this be used to make my online CRM more useful to me?

I can access it and use it quite easily via the browser when on wifi, and it's pretty decent even when bridged thru my 9800

bigcontacts dot com is their main page - i have a login that gets me to my account and data

here is a link to their demo account to see what it looks like

anyway, just wondering if there is anything to be gained . . .
    04-19-12 10:00 AM
    BabyPips.bar
    ETX
    Zmovie
    FirstRowSports
    DONE !

Jeroen
    Thanks for first row sports, doesnt open the tab though
    Last edited by JakePNEFC; 04-19-12 at 10:06 AM.
    04-19-12 10:03 AM
    I would love it if someone could do it for my website please!!

Internet Marketing and Design Solutions, Bangor, N. Ireland - Make You Believe

Using the image attached.. and name the icon MakeYouBelieve

Big Thank You
    04-19-12 10:05 AM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD