The app is now called ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute
    Download it from: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...eviews/103075/

I am beta testing a great app from devcellent solutions and it is sooo great, I had to make this tread!

Anyway, none of the camera mute apps works on Bold 9900. (At least for me) But this one work great with no issues at all. THIS IS NOT a workaround like those apps that take a screen shot of the phone. This app really does the job right the same way I had it on my Bold 9700.

According to developers, this only works on OS 7.1. I just want everyone here who was looking for an app to mute their new BBs, finally it is out there!

My quest for proper (not one of those work around ones) a camera shutter mute app is now officially over!

FYI, this is the same company that made the Email++!

NO. I am not working for the company that made this app!
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-19-12 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added a screenshot!
    04-15-12 06:22 PM
    Sneaky that's all i can say!
    04-15-12 06:23 PM
    Sneaky that's all i can say!
    Ha ha... Well, I take pictures during labs (the university let us to take photos of our experiments). Everyone seems to have a muted camera except few people. When we start snapping pictures, the whole lab full of glasses make the sound much louder and annoying.

Yep, I guess you can use for dirty stuff too.... LOL
    04-15-12 06:28 PM
    Hahah yeah it's good to have a silenced camera sound sometimes! Yeah you could probaly use it for different purposes lol!
    Well now you're making me excited! I want one of those silenced apps! Is it already on Appworld yet?
    Just peeked at it and there are many many but idk..
    04-15-12 06:34 PM
    Hahah yeah it's good to have a silenced camera sound sometimes! Yeah you could probaly use it for different purposes lol!
    Well now you're making me excited! I want one of those silenced apps! Is it already on Appworld yet?
    Just peeked at it and there are many many but idk..
    No, it is only at the Beta testing phase and only work on OS 7.1. It will be up on App World soon according to the developers. However, I must add that in order for you to silent the camera, you have to open this app first, which will open the camera as well. Then you have to press the BB button to open the main menu and click mute camera.

There is no option for the mute camera item to stay in the BB menu for good. But, the developers are looking it to it because told them it would be great if we can.
    04-15-12 06:37 PM
    Here is a picture of the app. It quickly open the Camera when clicked, so I set my left key to open it, instead of the native camera.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    04-15-12 06:41 PM
    Hokaay that looks cool and what a cute dog you have! Is it a german shepherd?
    04-15-12 06:48 PM
    Hokaay that looks cool and what a cute dog you have! Is it a german shepherd?
    Yes, I live with my parents because the house to close to the school. The he is Shadow and my parents are the one who take care of him. I know he is good looking than I am for girls in my school! LOL
    04-15-12 07:03 PM
    not trying to hijack a thread or anything... but you're in school? me too! undergrad or graduate?

(you can dm me if you don't think this is creepy lol)
    04-15-12 11:44 PM
    where i can get this app ?
    cause i have email++ inside my BB
    04-16-12 03:19 AM
    I am beta testing a great app from devcellent solutions and it is sooo great, I had to make this tread!

Anyway, none of the camera mute apps works on Bold 9900. (At least for me) But this one work great with no issues at all. THIS IS NOT a workaround like those apps that take a screen shot of the phone. This app really does the job right the same way I had it on my Bold 9700.

According to developers, this only works on OS 7.1. I just want everyone here who was looking for an app to mute their new BBs, finally it is out there!

My quest for proper (not one of those work around ones) a camera shutter mute app is now officially over!

FYI, this is the same company that made the Email++!
    How do I get this app?
    04-16-12 11:53 AM
    It's waiting for it's approval in Appworld.
    04-16-12 11:57 AM
    not trying to hijack a thread or anything... but you're in school? me too! undergrad or graduate?

(you can dm me if you don't think this is creepy lol)
    I am in undergraduate program (currently in Petroleum Geology , but I will most likely do a double major with Computer Science) at University of Calgary. Nope, it is not creepy... you can visit my site if you want too... http://sanuja.com/
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-16-12 at 04:08 PM.
    James Wang likes this.
    04-16-12 04:04 PM
    Thanks for the thread and feedback. Just so that everybody knows, we needed to change the App name, so that it is not confused with other existing apps. Yes, as indicated in the thread post, this app is seamlessly integrated with BB native camera app. You get all the features and experience of the native camera, and at the same time you can take pictures without the shutter noise. The release has already been approved, and we are currently waiting on the final content change approval.
    mssca likes this.
    04-16-12 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the thread and feedback. Just so that everybody knows, we needed to change the App name, so that it is not confused with other existing apps. Yes, as indicated in the thread post, this app is seamlessly integrated with BB native camera app. You get all the features and experience of the native camera, and at the same time you can take pictures without the shutter noise. The release has already been approved, and we are currently waiting on the final content change approval.
    Yes, a great app and keep it up!!! What's the new name?
    04-16-12 10:00 PM
    Not bad not bad, don't forget to post the link here yeah!
    And yeah what's the new name? Don't want to end up buying the wrong one.
    04-16-12 10:02 PM
    To developers,
    Any update on improvements or release expected dates?
    Thank you.
    04-17-12 09:09 AM
    Thanks for all the interests! We are waiting on AppWorld approval for the name and text change. We would notify the thread as soon as we post the app for sale. Thanks for your patience.
    04-17-12 01:30 PM
    Just to let you know, I was able to bypass the inconvenience of opening the app, selecting the Camera Mute from the BB Menu and then hitting OK for the message that it is now muted. How did I do it? Using Adv. OS and LED V12.0 (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7324242) custom iLaunch method. (it is like ShourtCutMe)

May be you guys can incorporate that kind of concept in your coding to by pass the steps?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-17-12 at 01:57 PM.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-17-12 01:55 PM
    Testtttttttttttt
    04-18-12 01:54 AM
    Works on Torch 9810 as well!
    04-18-12 01:59 AM
    Yes, a great app and keep it up!!! What's the new name?
    It's funny but a good one for this app. I like it anyway
    04-18-12 02:00 AM
    It's funny but a good one for this app. I like it anyway
    The Creeper Cam?
    04-18-12 07:31 AM
    ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - is available in AppWorld!

Buy ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - Download ShutUp Camera - Native Camera Mute - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Description:
    This app mutes the actual BlackBerry Camera App! Yes, for real. Unlike other apps that takes low resolution screenshots to silently take pictures, ShutUp Camera lets you use the same BlackBerry Camera app but simply mutes the shutter sound. That means, you can still use all the familiar features of the native Camera App and take HI RESOLUTION photos but of course without the shutter sound. This is how it should be done, and we have done it.. You're welcome.

STEPS
    1. Click the ShutUpCamera icon
    2. It will bring up the Blackberry Camera App
    3. Select ShutUp Camera from the BlackBerry menu
    4. Take your shot
    5. No shutter sound will be heard

Enjoy Responsively!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    You are solely responsible for taking any pictures silently via this app and for any consequences that may arise from your actions. Devcellent Solutions Inc. WILL NOT be responsible in any way for the use of this app. ALSO, some countries may have legal restrictions on taking pictures silently. DO NOT use this app, if it applies to you. If you disagree with this term, DO NOT download/use this app.
    Last edited by devcellent; 04-18-12 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added title
    04-18-12 09:05 AM
    TO Crackberry MODS: Could you please change the thread title to "ShutUp Camera" from what I have right now? I don't have the option to edit the title.

If not, devcellent should create a new thread and you can use use my screen caps if you want!
    devcellent likes this.
    04-18-12 09:16 AM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD