Right, as we all know OS2 works very well on the PB. Will the transfer of the OS to a smaller phone screen work as well? I'm trying to figure out if the bezel swipes will be just as easy on a 3"-4" screen.
    04-15-12 04:56 AM
    Right, as we all know OS2 works very well on the PB. Will the transfer of the OS to a smaller phone screen work as well? I'm trying to figure out if the bezel swipes will be just as easy on a 3"-4" screen.
    who honestly can say until the actual kit arrives? any statements either way are just guesswork.
    04-15-12 05:13 AM
    Right now with the playbook, when you swipe up and the app is in the smaller window, do you think that's good?

Hold the playbook in the portrait direction and open your apps, swipe up to make them smaller, do you like this?

BB10 phones will have a screen that's bigger

I think it will be great
    Last edited by anthogag; 04-15-12 at 10:28 AM.
    04-15-12 10:21 AM
    if there ar gestures on bb10 phones i reckon they will work like gestures on webos on the palm pre, have a small gesture area at the bottom of the screen (where the home/ menu keys would usually be located) that can read left, right and up swipes
    04-15-12 10:30 AM
    I dont see why it wouldnt work, everything will just be a little smaller. No big deal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using The Official CrackBerry App
    04-15-12 10:42 AM
    Right now with the playbook, when you swipe up and the app is in the smaller window, do you think that's good?

Hold the playbook in the portrait direction and open your apps, swipe up to make them smaller, do you like this?

BB10 phones will have a screen that's bigger

I think it will be great
    Yep, I know how it works and looks on a PB. My point was that on a much smaller screen it's going to be a lot harder (for the long sighted amongst us) to see the multi tasking app windows.
    04-15-12 11:18 AM
    BB10 will almost certainly be different from OS2, especially if the mock shots we saw a couple months ago are what they are moving towards. I'm thinking the tablet and phone UI's will differ some, with the backend OS being the same. I could be wrong, but I see no reason to make the two identical. similar fine but why have a small version and mega version doing same things. Just MHO.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-15-12 11:40 AM
    OS1/2 are made with 7 inch screen in mind, BB10 will be made with various screen sizes in mind from fairly small screen on curve line devices to possible 10" playbook. Bezel will just be smaller on phones but should work the same way.
    04-15-12 11:44 AM
    Yep, I know how it works and looks on a PB. My point was that on a much smaller screen it's going to be a lot harder (for the long sighted amongst us) to see the multi tasking app windows.

Actually, what I meant is the 'smaller window' is approximately what I presume the phone screen will look like with an app running

In the music player, when you swipe album art...you can see that right, on the small screen

I think it's going to be excellent
    Last edited by anthogag; 04-15-12 at 06:40 PM.
    04-15-12 06:31 PM
    I was pondering the exact same thing! The playbook is know for being in landscape mode so will most of BB10 smartphones will have to be used in landscape mode for even the most basic app. Untill the BB10 alpha kit comes out we will never know! *fingers crossed*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry forums application
    04-15-12 06:37 PM
    The bezel gestures on the BB remote for Playbook work pretty well on my tiny 9900 screen. No reason to think they won't work on a bigger screen(as the first BB10 is reported to be).
    04-15-12 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD