I'm considering picking up the curve 9360 tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a Bold 9900 but I honestly don't need a touch screen or a super fast processor. Throughout the day I just use my phone for bbm, texts, emails, and the occasional call. I also use it for podcasts/music and basic web browsing when I'm on the bus, but that's about all I need a phone for. The Curve basically fits my needs.

One of my friends with a Curve says her phone overheats constantly. Is this a common phenomenon? Is the phone going to break over it?

I also want to know about battery life. I was previously using a Style which has a similar sized battery to the new Curve. Does the Curve have comparable battery life to it?

I also want a charging cradle for my BB. I've had a tradition of picking up cradles with my phones and I've been looking for one for the Curve 9360. What's a good one? Is there even one?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    04-15-12 04:23 AM
    hi there,

Most of the issues with over heating and short battery life have been sorted out through recent os updates, take your friend to this forum and look at the instructions to updating to 7.1, it has new features and fixes previous problems.
    This phone doesnt have very good battery life, i get 1 day out of mine, what did you get out of your old phone?
    i love this curve and it would definitely for fill the needs that you described, it has good browsing and the emails are great too.

Joe.

If I helped press thanks
    04-15-12 08:56 AM
    I'm considering picking up the curve 9360 tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a Bold 9900 but I honestly don't need a touch screen or a super fast processor. Throughout the day I just use my phone for bbm, texts, emails, and the occasional call. I also use it for podcasts/music and basic web browsing when I'm on the bus, but that's about all I need a phone for. The Curve basically fits my needs.

One of my friends with a Curve says her phone overheats constantly. Is this a common phenomenon? Is the phone going to break over it?

I also want to know about battery life. I was previously using a Style which has a similar sized battery to the new Curve. Does the Curve have comparable battery life to it?

I also want a charging cradle for my BB. I've had a tradition of picking up cradles with my phones and I've been looking for one for the Curve 9360. What's a good one? Is there even one?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    I live in the UK and I've never had a Blackberry that overheats, so I am unsure how other people's do, the first I heard of it was on here, I also have never heard of the Style are we talking old school here? I mean I can listen to music on the bus (45mins) to work, have it on, to text, bbm, whatsapp ect, listen to more music, and then more music and bbm ect and it will JUST about last till i get home, from leaving my house at 9am to getting home 6.45 ish, it's actually great for a curve, I've had little issues with it, I would recommend upgrading it to 7.1 when getting it also, as the stock OS (the one it comes with) is pretty rubbish

There are cradles, but to be honest they're all pretty rubbish, i'd stick with a charger if i was you, the cradles for the 9900 and P9981 are much nicer

Good Luck
    04-15-12 12:14 PM
    I just had to replace my 9360 over battery/overheating issues this week! I am running the newer 7.1 OS so hopefully these issues will be resolved. I am monitoring the situation closely. I did also have a problem with the phone not fitting properly into its Otterbox cradle and not going into sleep mode properly. I really don't have an answer for you. Just be careful.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-15-12 05:39 PM
    Where would I be able to get 7.1 for the 9360? I have a Rogers/Fido phone.

I just had to replace my 9360 over battery/overheating issues this week! I am running the newer 7.1 OS so hopefully these issues will be resolved. I am monitoring the situation closely. I did also have a problem with the phone not fitting properly into its Otterbox cradle and not going into sleep mode properly. I really don't have an answer for you. Just be careful.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 10:49 PM
    04-20-12 08:09 AM
    the overheat is real, but it doesnt affect the phone, i mean it doesnt freeze because of the heat or desnt restart alone. it overheats when you use the gps o alot of apps.

the battery life is ok,
    04-20-12 10:26 AM
    just install the lastest os leak 7.1 and your curve will not overheat, it runs smooth..also there is some new feature also like a FM radio integrated into the os and battery saver mode
    04-20-12 02:03 PM
    it will heat up even with the last 7.1 OS. just open any gps app.. and it will start to get hot.
    04-23-12 08:56 AM
    it will heat up even with the last 7.1 OS. just open any gps app.. and it will start to get hot.
    This is true. I'm using Foursquare. I encounter this if my signal drops to GPRS.
    04-23-12 09:41 PM
    Yup, my 9360 definitely heats up and drains battery quickly if I keep GoogleMaps running.
    04-25-12 02:01 PM
    I'm on 7.1.0.336 OS, it heated up around the "wzcr" keys area when I was installing thru appworld. Maybe the procie is in that area...
    04-27-12 06:03 AM
    even my carrier stop selling the 9360 because of that.
    05-11-12 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD