Does anyone know how to fix the so called android player when an app freezes in it. It seems as if even when i open a different app that opens in the player nothing shows but the previous frozen app and no gestures work to get out of it.
    04-13-12 09:12 PM
    you could try a few things.

swipe the bottom bezel straight across @ the corner (to try and go backwards in the android player) just like you can in folders <-- or --> straight across the bottom corners (prolly wont do anything tho)

or you can try closing the android player and opening up as many native apps as you can to use up the ram so the system closes he android player from memory (or leave the android player open and do this so u can see when the OS closes it) this usually is the fastest and easiest way so far besides a hard reset

or try a hard reset(3 button resets)
    04-13-12 09:22 PM
    just reboot
    04-13-12 09:23 PM
    you could try a few things.

swipe the bottom bezel straight across @ the corner (to try and go backwards in the android player) just like you can in folders <-- or --> straight across the bottom corners (prolly wont do anything tho)
    None of the gestures were working, everything is frozen up. I have opened about 11 apps and nothing changes the status. Restart has not solved either.
    04-13-12 09:30 PM
    Search the forum, there is a post about opening multiple tabs in browser (12 or more) until you get a display memory error. At this point PB itself should force Android Player to close. I've done it once and it worked, but it took time to open all those browser tabs. So I stick to restart option when the player freezes. It works for me, but also takes time to reboot the PB.
    04-13-12 09:38 PM
    I usually open: Asphalt, Modern Combat, NFS, and PvZ, then without closing them, open the android app

if the android app goes to long loading time, then it's a success

if not, then open more native app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    04-13-12 09:51 PM
    I just created a thread in the App subforum to suggest someone create a Memory Hog app that might be able to accomplish forcing this issue.
    Eli Bret likes this.
    04-13-12 11:51 PM
    I have had similar problem and found restart function did not fix the problem... But. Turning the unit off and then on again did to my surprise.
    04-14-12 03:07 AM
    are you guys trying a regular restart from the battery icon or a 3 button reset? (power + vol up + vol down)
    the 3 button reset is what usually will fix it for me and not the restart from the icon...my problem is for every 20 attempts at a reset, 1 time will actually do the reset right.

and what is this display memory error? ive never seen that yet that i know of no matter how many apps i open.

i can usually tell when i have X amount of apps open and the whole playbook just starts stuttering and more than half the apps just have spinning circles on them lol
    04-14-12 03:31 AM
    I use the battery button to restart my PB after Android player freezes and as I mention before it does the trick for me. (I read a couple of posts on the forum that the Power icon is one way or the other buggy so I do not use it at all, but check that out. I might be spreading a rumor here.)
    But I strongly support F2 idea of "memory hog" app until RIM does some fixes to Android player (maybe in next, highly anticipated by all of us, PB update).
    04-14-12 05:28 AM
    i do wish there was a on screen version of the 3 button/hard reset lol

trying to get the 3 buttons (hold 15+ seconds) - red light - then the red light n boot up to come up by itself is like playin a slot machine it seems on my playbook
    04-14-12 02:53 PM
    Just hold down the power button for 10 seconds .. simple. Solved all my Android app sideload problems. Hold it down for 10 seconds .. not just a quick push qhich just puts the PB into sleep mode.
    04-14-12 11:21 PM
    ive wondered myself about the restart/shut down options on the playbook

weve got the two on screen power and restart icon options
    holding just the power button down long enough seems to skip the shut down process and cuts its right off like a 3 button reset
    then theres the 3 button/hard reset that seems to skip the shut down process/cut the power/then restarts the playbook

im gonna have to try just the power button alone and see if i can get by with that as my 3 button/hard reset is damn near impossible to do reliably
    04-15-12 03:22 PM
    I've done the "restart" from the battery app.

I've not had this happen too often as I don't have many "android" apps. Last time was downloading an ebook in Kindle. It froze before the download completed. A restart fixed it. Kindle works fine and I can open the ebook.
    04-15-12 03:26 PM
    Restart on the battery icon does it for me...
    04-15-12 04:58 PM
    Try placing your Playbook in the oven. It will cause the "frozen android player" to unfreeze in just seconds due to the heat causing the atoms to spread apart faster.

Enjoy.

But, no seriously try it.
    Last edited by rupam95; 04-15-12 at 05:07 PM.
    04-15-12 05:03 PM
    I upgraded the OS today to 2.1.0.1032, now the android apps is open at individual windows instead in a common android player, and I think this issue was fixed in 2.1, but ofcourse I cant be sure with this 'sometimes' bug. Anyone of you guys experimented frozen android apps after this upgrade?
    10-03-12 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD