Lately whenever I try to connect to HDMI my screen goes crazy and starts opening random apps and becomes unusable. Anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem with my playbook or my HDMI cable? thanks.
    04-13-12 07:03 PM
    update.. turns out my playbook is just going crazy in general. HDMI is not connected anymore and whenever I use the accelerometer the playbook opens random apps on its own... even after a reboot. awesome.
    04-13-12 07:06 PM
    Any change in your local environment? New PLASMA tv? Other types of larger electronics?
    04-13-12 08:03 PM
    Plasma tvs will do that?? I have the same issue when I have it anywhere need my Samsung 51". Good to know that was the issue
    04-13-12 10:17 PM
    Folks have found too many adapters at a socket while the pb is charging can do it. Poorly grounded sockets may do it. Those static energy lightning balls can do it and yes, some plasma tv's. There's a video of the antics in the vicinity of one of those energy balls.
    04-13-12 11:53 PM
    Same issue when connected to Samsung flatscreen, have told bb months ago....they said it was a new issue to them and the result was negative after several emails back and forth
    04-14-12 12:07 AM
    Same issue when connected to Samsung flatscreen, have told bb months ago....they said it was a new issue to them and the result was negative after several emails back and forth
    How close was the pb to the tv? Did you try a longer cable so you could be further from the tv? What about those cables that have the "ferrite" (or whatever it is) tube on the cable?
    04-14-12 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD