So in the app store there is a new tab from Verizon wireless apps.... I wonder what it's all about. It's hung up right now on loading.
    04-11-12 05:19 AM
    I noticed it as well this morning. What up in Appworld? Is something cooking?
    04-11-12 05:24 AM
    Likely prepping for the 3g/4g models. Verizon is likely going to load their crapware but that means rim is likely to maintain a decent relationship with this carrier.
    04-11-12 06:58 AM
    I can't wait.. Looks like I'll probably be selling one of my current PlayBook to make way for a 3G/4G PlayBook..... Any offers?
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    04-11-12 07:10 AM
    I can't wait.. Looks like I'll probably be selling one of my current PlayBook to make way for a 3G/4G PlayBook..... Any offers?
    Why would you sell your current device to get a device with a radio in it so you can incur more data charges? By your profile you have a BB phone and with bridge this gives you the same function of having a PB with a radio and data plan.

Not trying to call you out, just curious as to why if you have bridge capabilities that you would trade in your current PB for basically the same tablet with an increase of data speed(4G LTE model).
    04-11-12 08:07 AM
    I dont know, but why is it on my tablet? Where is the tmobile section lol
    04-11-12 08:46 AM
    I hear what your saying, and chances are I wont be selling either of my PlayBooks, I'll probably just get one and pass one of my others to a family member so I can actually get more use out of video chat. If I do end up selling one I would try selling it to one of my friends for the same reason, and hopefully my circle of friends will start realizing how good of a tablet they are. I admit I got a lot lil excited over the speculation(?) of Verizon getting 3G/4G PlayBooks finally. For the most part your absolutely right that there's not much of a difference, besides native BBM, which hopefully means BBM Groups, NFC, and a few other features. Even though Bridge is my favorite feature, and probably the best feature the PlayBook has, I'd still like a 4GLTE, especially for when I'm out & about
    04-11-12 09:00 AM
    So in the app store there is a new tab from Verizon wireless apps.... I wonder what it's all about. It's hung up right now on loading.
    That means skype is coming!!!
    04-11-12 09:11 AM
    I somehow hopes this means being able to video chat with others regardless them having a playbook or not. I got all excited when the video chat field said enter PIN OR EMAIL ADDRESS, it's pretty misleading if ya ask me.
    04-11-12 09:25 AM
    I hope this does not indicate (which it clearly seems to) that some apps for the PB will be carrier specifc? If so, it's not good.

Does this mean Skype is coming to the PB via Verizon and the rest of us suck dirt?

You would think RIM would learn not to limit its offering to one or two carriers.

The good news is I do not see an AT&T tab, yet.

When they do this it might bring a few new customers to the carrier, but overall it simply pisses off those not on that carrier. I am sure it does not please the carriers without their own tab as well.

Lift foot, aim and fire!

Tim

PS, they did a terrible job of adding the tab. The tab listing at the top now runs together and looks like a 8 year old coded it.
    Last edited by trsbbs; 04-11-12 at 10:06 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-11-12 10:04 AM
    is the tab still there ? it's 11:30AM EST and I signed in and no tab exists in App World for me with WiFi connection and no blocking firewall issues.

Just sayin"... short lived Beta maybe....

Michael ATL
    04-11-12 10:27 AM
    Why would you sell your current device to get a device with a radio in it so you can incur more data charges? By your profile you have a BB phone and with bridge this gives you the same function of having a PB with a radio and data plan.

Not trying to call you out, just curious as to why if you have bridge capabilities that you would trade in your current PB for basically the same tablet with an increase of data speed(4G LTE model).
    Uh because he can, it is his money. Personally I'd do it, I'm allowed to share my plan for 5$ extra. Bridge is great but I see ppl always complaining about why even get a 4g PB, if it's not for you Kool but it still has its place/uses. My phone battery will thank me. Not calling you out but just saying.
    04-11-12 10:33 AM
    Quick update - now I see the Tab in App World ....had to sign out and cold reboot and then tap App World and it appeared......still loading at present so no idea what's available as yet. Can someone post what Apps are included in this tab?

Standing by patiently but with some aggravation pangs.....
    04-11-12 10:43 AM
    Uh because he can, it is his money. Personally I'd do it, I'm allowed to share my plan for 5$ extra. Bridge is great but I see ppl always complaining about why even get a 4g PB, if it's not for you Kool but it still has its place/uses. My phone battery will thank me. Not calling you out but just saying.
    I agree. Some people rather pay extra and have a data plan than having to bridge/tether or hotspot.
    04-11-12 10:48 AM
    I was just about to make a thread about this myself. Dangblastit, scooped again... Yeah, this interesting.
    jplo2113 likes this.
    04-11-12 11:41 AM
    Maybe Verizon will offer the pb keyboard. And I get a corporate discount????
    04-11-12 12:09 PM
    I hope this does not indicate (which it clearly seems to) that some apps for the PB will be carrier specifc? If so, it's not good.

Does this mean Skype is coming to the PB via Verizon and the rest of us suck dirt?

You would think RIM would learn not to limit its offering to one or two carriers.

The good news is I do not see an AT&T tab, yet.

When they do this it might bring a few new customers to the carrier, but overall it simply pisses off those not on that carrier. I am sure it does not please the carriers without their own tab as well.

Lift foot, aim and fire!

Tim

PS, they did a terrible job of adding the tab. The tab listing at the top now runs together and looks like a 8 year old coded it.

I only downloaded dropbox from that tab hopefully in future it will have more.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 12:31 PM
    Restarted my PB and now.... the tab isn't in AppWorld any more...
    daytrippin likes this.
    04-11-12 12:57 PM
    Yes, rebooted and the tab is gone! Probably just a test for the 4G models gone wrong.
    04-11-12 01:12 PM
    WOW, will you look at that. A couple of months ago Verizon didn't want to have anything to do with the PlayBook. I wonder if they will start promoting BlackBerry devices again. Things that make you go hummmmm.
    04-11-12 02:07 PM
    It was a teaser to keep us fanboys talking
    04-11-12 02:11 PM
    Maybe Skype is coming for VZW users for the PlayBook. Since non video Skype is on VZW BlackBerry devices now. Makes sense.
    04-11-12 02:22 PM
    WOW, will you look at that. A couple of months ago Verizon didn't want to have anything to do with the PlayBook. I wonder if they will start promoting BlackBerry devices again. Things that make you go hummmmm.
    The only bb my two local Verizon stores had on display was the full-touch device. No others on display. One serves the local rather large Univ area. No 9930's. The other shares a shopping center with Costco.
    04-11-12 02:56 PM
    Maybe Skype is coming for VZW users for the PlayBook. Since non video Skype is on VZW BlackBerry devices now. Makes sense.
    No.

It was for the 4G PlayBook and never should have appeared for WiFi users. Unfortunately, it got cached in the system and ended up filtering out from there. Much like how Angry Birds Space turned up and then was subsequently removed once it was taken out of the cache.
    John.P and jr4941 like this.
    04-11-12 03:19 PM
    Originally posted by me in a similar forum......

Here's another twist.....
    I have two PBs. One using my corporate email address and one configured with one of my personal email addresses. The corp PB does not have the Verizon tab, while my personal PB does. The only reason I can determine that my personal PB sees the Verizon tab is that my personal PB is configured to use the same email that I use for my family's Verizon phone account. (my BB is a corporate device, so that doesn't factor in)

Shortly after posting the above msg, the Verizon tab vanished from my personal PB.... Oh well....
    daytrippin likes this.
    04-11-12 04:31 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD