Hello,

Recently I got a playbook and have been noticing some weird network behavior on my Blackberry. The behavior may have always been there, however it may be that adding the playbook to the mix might have revealed it. Anyhow, I have the playbook associated to my 9810 running 7.1 via Blackberry bridge. Network functionally provided to the playbook via the bridge seem to ok, however I notice that when using the bridge browser the data connection is being provided though the BESX server. I can tell this because when I browse to showip.net on the bridge browser it show the address of the BESX server. I am wonder how this network setting is configured? Looking into this further, I found that a number of blackberry handset application, for instance beweather is utilizing the BESXfor data and possible Google Talk. The problem with having my connection configured in the manner is my BESX server is running on a home cable connection which isnt the fastest. My google talk is very flakey and is disconnected half the time. Is there a way to force only the messaging app to run through my BESX and the rest over BIS data? I think this would greatly improve my bbs daily performance.
    04-11-12 02:42 AM
    It use to be there were two browsers in the old BB OS, one that would got through your MDS/BES and the other that would go through your local carrier. There also use to be an option in the device's OS to change which one to use but I don't see that in my 7.1 device so it sounds like yours is set to use the MDS server.

Which is why its going through BES which is normal.
    04-17-12 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD